The Lowly 2 door Sport Club!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
i have a 2 door base spot with 3.6 / 8spd auto and i love it. i might looking into a 2nd jeep either another 2 door or a 4 door in base model sport. i would get the 3.6 again, but open to looking at the 2.0.

so any input with the 2.0 would be great.
I've the 2.0T in my JLU Sport (FCA/Stellantis didn't use the word "base", so neither do I ;)). The engine is an absolute hoot. I test drove three separate Pentastars, to give that engine a fair chance, but there just wasn't any love connection. I ordered the Hurricane engine without ever having seen or driven it, and it was the correct choice for me.

I've used 91+ octane since the day I took delivery. Average fuel mileage and performance is nothing less than respectable.

As for threads that discuss engine choices, this forum is chockablock with them. Here's a sample.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I've the 2.0T in my JLU Sport (FCA/Stellantis didn't use the word "base", so neither do I ;)). The engine is an absolute hoot. I test drove three separate Pentastars, to give that engine a fair chance, but there just wasn't any love connection. I ordered the Hurricane engine without ever having seen or driven it, and it was the correct choice for me.

I've used 91+ octane since the day I took delivery. Average fuel mileage and performance is nothing less than respectable.

As for threads that discuss engine choices, this forum is chockablock with them. Here's a sample.
good to hear that you like the 2.0.

i read a bunch of those post and kinda got tired of reading them. kez just happen to have a sport jlu with a 2.0 and going to a sport jl 2.0. so i figured, his view between the two would be good to hear.

my brother rented a jlu sahara with a 2.0 and i got to ride in it. i was happy with the way it handled. my brother thought is was a good motor after putting on 1000 miles on it. he run octane 87 and was getting 20-21 mpg at 75 mph.

when i got my jl with the 3.6l. i had no interest in the 2.0 due to the turbo. i'm a long term owner. so with that, i wasnt looking to deal with any potential issues with turbos, etc. its been 4 years now for the turbo and it seems to be pretty good. so thats why i could be open to getting a 2.0. not 100% sure. but would look into it. the other thing (and read other post) is running either 87 or 91 octane. my conclusion is that it doesnt really matter what you use. one thing for sure is that, i'm not paying price for octane 91.

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
1.5D I guess for me. 6 speed manual doors/locks, 5" radio but with a hard top and A/C.

Mods so far:

changed exterior color
Rugged Ridge Stubby Antenna
2.5" RC lift which I took off after a year and swapped out for a 2.5" EVO lift w/Fox 2.0 shocks
RockKrawler sway bar link quick disconnects
33" KO2s
Black Rhino wheels
Mopar Door Sill Guards
Removed back seat and put in Quadratec all weather cargo liner
Inspired Engineering Halo headlights
Tazer JL
Oedro front/rear bumpers, fender flares and weather liners
Rough Country inner fender liners
Rampage Rocker Guards
Outlook Adventures Trailgator
Not real a mod but bought a DeepSleep mattress for car camping
Threedrom key & wiper caps
stahlbus oil valve

Next on the mod list:
Winch

Day 1:
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! TelegraphHill

Now:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! TelegraphHill
What is that color called? Looks great.

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Hey ho! Just got a used 2Dr Wrangler islander which might be a 2C.
I ordered the Stinger High10 already and plan to paint some of the interior plastics white to match the white dash.
this is a downsize from my 2008 4Dr Wrangler X that I’ve had for 14 years. I look forward to the downsize upgrade.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 71D1D942-C028-41E7-88A8-64653313C44B

Sponsored

Paulzachary

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport
Somewhere between 1C and 1D. 6 speed MT, manual locks, 5” radio, soft top, with A/C.

Changes so far:

-Switched out clear windows for tinted soft top windows
-Barricade Rubi Rails
-Rubber mats for front, rear, and trunk
-Gobi Roof Rack
-Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs
-Oracle LED Fog Lights
-Mopar Door Sill Guards
-Diver Down Tan Seat Covers
-33x12.5R17 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires
-Pro Comp PRC 32 wheels
-Tazer JL Lite

Next up, we have an appointment to install 4.88 gears, swaybar quick disconnects, and leveling out the back end that has some sag.

Still on the list: aluminum stubby bumper, winch, rear LEDs.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 71D1D942-C028-41E7-88A8-64653313C44B

Paulzachary

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport
Somewhere between 1C and 1D. 6 speed MT, manual locks, 5” radio, soft top, with A/C.

Changes so far:

-Switched out clear windows for tinted soft top windows
-Barricade Rubi Rails
-Rubber mats for front, rear, and trunk
-Gobi Roof Rack
-Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs
-Oracle LED Fog Lights
-Mopar Door Sill Guards
-Diver Down Tan Seat Covers
-33x12.5R17 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires
-Pro Comp PRC 32 wheels
-Tazer JL Lite

Next up, we have an appointment to install 4.88 gears, swaybar quick disconnects, and leveling out the back end that has some sag.

Still on the list: aluminum stubby bumper, winch, rear LEDs.

What about putting the top down with this gobi roof rack?

Sponsored

hbanghart24

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Manual
What about putting the top down with this gobi roof rack?
So we have the Quick Release Attachments for the Gobi Rack which allow you to release the top rack so you can fold down the soft top. I've included a link to a youtube video that shows how this works. I've been able to do it myself but it's definitely easier with 2 people.

Around the 7:30 mark he goes through putting the top down with the gobi rack.

I hope this helps! :)

Paulzachary

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport
So we have the Quick Release Attachments for the Gobi Rack which allow you to release the top rack so you can fold down the soft top. I've included a link to a youtube video that shows how this works. I've been able to do it myself but it's definitely easier with 2 people.

Around the 7:30 mark he goes through putting the top down with the gobi rack.

I hope this helps! :)
thank you!

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!