OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
The only thing I'm seeing is a piece of marketing collateral loosely worded to mean a particular package combination will no longer be available.
Not the case with this one
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
With who? The only official announcement is that the ED will no longer be available in the RAM 1500 as they move that vehicle to a total EV platform in the US.

The only information I've seen about the ED no longer being available in US Wrangler production is a regurgitated blurb from a dealership in a sales ad.
RAM 1500 won't be total EV for decades. Dropping the ED in the RAM pretty much guarantees it'll be dropped in the Wrangler too.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Challenge is, only non-Ecodiesel owners feel that way. Glad I have my (issue-free) diesel. Puts a smile on my face every time I dip into that endless torque.
Not really. I have owned multiple modern (post-2007) diesels. The torque of my 2015 PSD was unmatched and would push you deep into the seat. With that said, all of the items I posted are true to some degree for all of the truck/SUV diesels.

With the push to electric, we are at the beginning stages of the phase out of ICE and it is being reflected in nearly every vehicle manufacturer's lines.

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
RAM 1500 won't be total EV for decades. Dropping the ED in the RAM pretty much guarantees it'll be dropped in the Wrangler too.
Stellantis is aiming for 50% EV sales in the US and 100% in Europe by 2030. They are currently on track to introduce the all-electric RAM 1500 for 2024 after dropping the ED.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Maybe they will finally put a small Cummins into Ram 1500s and JLs? Cummins rePower with emissions equipment added would be great.

Somehow I doubt this is the case though.

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I am blessed that I could order my diesel last year (before the January price increase). I almost didn't go with the diesel engine due to all the naysayers on here, but I am glad I didn't listen to them.

I recently rolled over 20,000 miles on the road and a substantial amount off-road. I could not be happier.

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
One of the first things I did after getting mine was slap that 3.0D badge off the Cherokee on there. I wonder if that's the particular one they refer to hahaha

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Stellantis is aiming for 50% EV sales in the US and 100% in Europe by 2030. They are currently on track to introduce the all-electric RAM 1500 for 2024 after dropping the ED.
That still isn't "Total EV" for the RAM. Pickups will be one of the last vehicles to go full EV, if they ever do.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Challenge is, only non-Ecodiesel owners feel that way. Glad I have my (issue-free) diesel. Puts a smile on my face every time I dip into that endless torque.
I am glad your diesel is working out, but it is the Ecodiesel owners that documented those issues...

Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
That still isn't "Total EV" for the RAM. Pickups will be one of the last vehicles to go full EV, if they ever do.
And the Wrangler will? If not, what non-EV Wrangler models would make the cut based on fuel economy? The ED with 22/29, the 3.6 with 21/26 or the 2.0 with 21/24?

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Someone took down my last post, so I assume someone does not understand sarcasm. Therefore I will repost it below with a sarcasm disclaimer.

Disclaimer: The following statement is sarcasm and should not be construed as a lie but as a joke.

My "source" at Stellantis recently contacted me and said they plan to make a hybrid-diesel Rubicon model with 38s and a 3.5" lift.

Disclaimer: The above statement is a sarcastic attempt at a joke. Please do not remove it.

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
And the Wrangler will? If not, what non-EV Wrangler models would make the cut based on fuel economy? The ED with 22/29, the 3.6 with 21/26 or the 2.0 with 21/24?
The diesel! Because it has the best fuel economy ;)

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
The diesel! Because it has the best fuel economy ;)
Exactly. Speculation that the ED will be discontinued in the Wrangler due to fuel economy is ridiculous. And if that's not the argument, what is? Emissions? Nope. Profit margin? Nope.

The fact is, the other IC options are more in danger of being discontinued.
Sponsored