Sponsored

Front LCAs with the most inward bend for tire clearance?

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This might be an odd thread on this section, but my quest is awfully specific. My rig is a JLU Sahara, with about 2" of coil spring lift and fox shocks. I am using the Mopar lift longer LCAs and have centred the axles using adjustable track bars front and rear.

After waiting months for a narrow 35 tire (35x11.5r17), I gave up and took a chance on going 315/70/17 C-rated KO2s. My wheels are 17x8 +30 offset - the same mm of offset as the AEV JL wheels (17x8.5 +25).

My tires rub ever so slightly at the hardest, fullest lock.. it's likely the faint rub of the edge of sidewall lugs at the absolute edge of the tire. I am left pondering the following 3 options to solve this issue.
  1. Live with it for a while, the edge of the inner lug will wear out after some miles and won't have the faint rub.
  2. Install one washer on each side of the axle on the steering lock bolt.
  3. Use this as the opportunity to upgrade to adjustable LCAs that have more tire clearance via inward bend.
I am leaning towards new adjustable LCAs. I would love to get guidance from forum members who have had experience with aftermarket LCAs and can attest to the increased clearance through a more pronounced inward bend compared to the Mopar LCA. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Option 2 is by far the easiest and will yeild good results. It may require more than 1 washer as a spacer but the reduced steering is not something that will ever matter or that you’ll notice on driving.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Option 2 is by far the easiest and will yeild good results. It may require more than 1 washer as a spacer but the reduced steering is not something that will ever matter or that you’ll notice on driving.
Based on you experience, one washer doesn't do anything tangible and needs a minimum of 2 washers?

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am also searching for adjustable LCA's with an inward bend as well. So far, the best I have found are the Teraflex Alpine short LCA's, no idea how much the bend is compared to the Mopar LCA's.

My parameters;

Mopar beadlock wheels
Don't need long arms, not concerned with flex

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On another thread there was a comparison photo of JKS LCA.. The bend was massive compared to stock.

The JKS jflex are always out of stock :(

Sponsored

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Have you looked at metalcloak? Not only are the joints excellent, but they have giant tire clearance bends.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does that look like the most pronounced inward bend you have seen? I love metalcloak..i have their maintenance free trackbars

Jeep Wrangler JL Front LCAs with the most inward bend for tire clearance? 1663908146473

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i have the T'Flex Alpines with Mopar beadlocks and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT 35s; they just barely rub at full lock.

I am also searching for adjustable LCA's with an inward bend as well. So far, the best I have found are the Teraflex Alpine short LCA's, no idea how much the bend is compared to the Mopar LCA's.

My parameters;

Mopar beadlock wheels
Don't need long arms, not concerned with flex

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Based on you experience, one washer doesn't do anything tangible and needs a minimum of 2 washers?
One might do it perfectly. I’m just trying to say it may require more than one so be prepared for that going in. It was some time ago when I was in the situation you’re in, but I think 2 was what my setup required. I think.

EDIT: I found what I used (prior to MetalCloak arms and wheel spacers); it was 2 washers per side for me.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ost-excellent-build-thread.21882/post-1037573

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Does that look like the most pronounced inward bend you have seen? I love metalcloak..i have their maintenance free trackbars

1663908146473.png
They actually do have quite a pronounced amount of clearance once installed because metal cloak forges and welds the joints at an angle to provide more bend. I've not seen a jflex arm in person but from pictures installed the actual tire clearance between the 2 is going to be nearly the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
i have the T'Flex Alpines with Mopar beadlocks and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT 35s; they just barely rub at full lock.

Good to know! That tire is a 12.5" wide tire correct?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Basically impossible to get a good measurement of the MC on the Jeep, but here’s the Mopar lowers I have on the shelf.

7CC996C3-DF25-41BD-8FA7-F44B2EFF6ECF.jpeg

B6B9A64F-419C-4ADF-9DF6-057E247A0377.jpeg

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
MC Vs. stock uppers, mopar lowers

MCCAs.jpg
Perfect comparison. I can see why metalcloak will clear 35s better. Not only if the bend more pronounced.. looks like It's also bent further forward in anticipated accommodation of 35s and 37s
Sponsored