Bourbon talk...

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I asked for $40 and they laughed at me 😂 they said they had marked it up $5 from just this morning. Agree it’s too high at this price.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had EH Taylor single barrel recently at a bar while on vacation. I’d never had it before, only the small batch and barrel proof. It was amazing. Very fragrant, sweet, smooth, mellow. Do any of you have it in your collection and would like to trade something for it? Or know where I might find it?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Local store has 3 bottles of eagle rare in stock for $75. Used to be $40 if I recall but haven’t seen it lately. Good or bad buy at $75?
Too high for me but then again pretty easy to get here at MSRP so to me it is worth MSRP.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Both single barrel and barrel proof seem to be hard to find here in KY at MSRP but I will ask my guy. I don't really ever ask for anything EHT as I don't care for small batch at all so it just sits on the shelf.
If you can source Single Barrel it’d be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you might like in trade for it, or the cost even if it’s above MSRP (up to a point).

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
If you can source Single Barrel it’d be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you might like in trade for it, or the cost even if it’s above MSRP (up to a point).
I will check tomorrow. My guy only charges MSRP so he will either have it or not. I'll get back.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Daily- Pendleton 1910 Rye..........hiding the 13 year Old Carter for a special occasion.....sooooo good!
That Old Carter, in my opinion, is on-par with Pappy. And, so much more affordable if you can find it.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Been a Bourbon drinker ever since I went to work for Texas Wholesale Liquors, I was in sales and Bourbons Scotch were my lines. So I tasted a LOT of them, but my go-to every day was WL Weller Special Reserve 90 Proof. Its a Wheated Bourbon, which has Wheat in the mash bill.

This was a LONG time ago and my taste for it is still good, however I find over I reach more and more for the higher proofs. Especially the WL Weller 107, which I have been priced out of at $124.95 msrp. Sadly I just recently finished my last bottle of Weller 107.

Recently gifted a bottle of Bookers 125.9 proof. I need to try it again as it was like drinking gasonline. Maybe it the after taste in my mouth form dinner.

I am currently working on a bottle of Ranger Creek .36, 96 proof. This is some of the very best I have ever had pass my lips. I have turned on a lot of people to it. Its made in San Antonio Tx, YES! Its aged in casks that are 5-10 gal in size. Its aged in MONTHS not years. The creator of Ranger Creek Bourbon felt he could age out a bourbon far faster than the slow-moving aging train of Kentucky and Tennessee bourbons and whiskeys. I remember reading the write in the San Antonio paper about his month-long aging. I called down there and challenged the guy telling him NO WAY IN HELL can you age out a Bourbon in a few months. So he invites me down. First she shows me the tiny casks, the takes to his aging warehouse, which was a bunch of old CONEX containers (small metal boxes about 8 ft x 12 ft or so. He tells me he cannot sell me a bottle by law, but he gives the store where its sold and says if its not some of teh BEST you have ever had Bourbon bring the bottle and your store receipt and buy the bottle from you. OK, went and bought it and OMB he was right some the best I have ever had.

How does it work? Temperature deviation or cool nights and very hot days and youi duplicate the summer/winter of Kentucky.

https://drinkrangercreek.com/whiskey/36-texas-bourbon

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Local store has 3 bottles of eagle rare in stock for $75. Used to be $40 if I recall but haven’t seen it lately. Good or bad buy at $75?
I saw a bottle of eagle rare in my town for $150. I laughed it was so ridiculous. $75 is typically what I can get it for here. I’ve never seen in these parts for less than that.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Been a Bourbon drinker ever since I went to work for Texas Wholesale Liquors, I was in sales and Bourbons Scotch were my lines. So I tasted a LOT of them, but my go-to every day was WL Weller Special Reserve 90 Proof. Its a Wheated Bourbon, which has Wheat in the mash bill.

This was a LONG time ago and my taste for it is still good, however I find over I reach more and more for the higher proofs. Especially the WL Weller 107, which I have been priced out of at $124.95 msrp. Sadly I just recently finished my last bottle of Weller 107.

Recently gifted a bottle of Bookers 125.9 proof. I need to try it again as it was like drinking gasonline. Maybe it the after taste in my mouth form dinner.

I am currently working on a bottle of Ranger Creek .36, 96 proof. This is some of the very best I have ever had pass my lips. I have turned on a lot of people to it. Its made in San Antonio Tx, YES! Its aged in casks that are 5-10 gal in size. Its aged in MONTHS not years. The creator of Ranger Creek Bourbon felt he could age out a bourbon far faster than the slow-moving aging train of Kentucky and Tennessee bourbons and whiskeys. I remember reading the write in the San Antonio paper about his month-long aging. I called down there and challenged the guy telling him NO WAY IN HELL can you age out a Bourbon in a few months. So he invites me down. First she shows me the tiny casks, the takes to his aging warehouse, which was a bunch of old CONEX containers (small metal boxes about 8 ft x 12 ft or so. He tells me he cannot sell me a bottle by law, but he gives the store where its sold and says if its not some of teh BEST you have ever had Bourbon bring the bottle and your store receipt and buy the bottle from you. OK, went and bought it and OMB he was right some the best I have ever had.

How does it work? Temperature deviation or cool nights and very hot days and youi duplicate the summer/winter of Kentucky.

https://drinkrangercreek.com/whiskey/36-texas-bourbon
I’ve seen very mixed reviews on the Ranger Creek, but I’ve never seen anyone say it’s the best whiskey to pass their lips. I’ll definitely give it a try since I have access to it.

Garrison Brothers does the same song and dance about how the smaller barrels and sweltering Texas heat age whiskey faster so that their $75 for 3 year old whiskey is justified. I get the science. But to my tastebuds 3 year old whiskey and 10-12 year old whiskey are different. Not saying that the baby whiskey is bad. It’s not. I really like the Balmorhea and the Single Barrel. It just needs to sit longer in the oak.

I’ve been to Garrison’s distillery and tasted them all back to back, including some that have been aging longer that’ll be released in the future. The older it was, the better it was. For $75/bottle I wish they’d age it at least 6-7 years instead of 3 or 4. That’s coming. Probably for a hefty premium.

Sponsored

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
That Old Carter, in my opinion, is on-par with Pappy. And, so much more affordable if you can find it.
Agreed, kind of stumbled upon it in a liquor store in San Clemente, Ca. But wow, it redefines Whiskey!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Loving Some Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 24