Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
It is a long time, but at least they are doing something about it…also it gives me more time to see what else will bubble up
When did it start blistering ?
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
FINALLY got my shit approved.

Doors, tailgate and hood will all be replaced. $7000. All paid by FCA corrosion warranty.

The kicker is, the door latches are on a 3-4 month backorder because so many fucking people are having this issue. No wonder its a class-action lawsuit. The corrosion warranty has also been extended from 5yr-36000 to 5yr-unlimited miles. You will need to take your jeep in before Dec. 1st 2023 to have any corrosion repairs done. After that, youre fucked. Hope that your body shop does the hinges and preps them right the first time or youll have this issue for the rest of the ownership of the vehicle.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a decent chunk of change when the settlement has been resolved with FCA in a few years. I wont hold my breathe though, what an absolute garbage company. 10/10 will never buy a Chrysler product again in my life lol.
Wow really backorder that long? Geez. This is such a dang nightmare.
Glad that they upped the warranty. I wonder how much money this has cost them so far? Would have been easier and cheaper to just build it right the first time.
Once Mine is gone I will look at getting something older just to have fun with. One made of all steel and no aluminum.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did it start blistering ?
I noticed mine maybe two months ago. Only after reading about it here in the forums I went outside to look. And sure enough I saw it.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I noticed mine maybe two months ago. Only after reading about it here in the forums I went outside to look. And sure enough I saw it.
I check mine constantly so far so good it's a white 19 JLUR . Good luck with the fix. Thanks for the info

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Update: Felt the hood corrosion yesterday (2nd time)
Contacted Stellantis and dealership scheduled to do the paint in January.
Hopefully by January, everything will be showing.

Sponsored

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Mine is at the dealer body shop right now getting the door hinges and two doors repaired. Supposed to be done Thursday or Friday. I sure hope it looks good afterwards.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have been trying to get this dealt with for months. My regular dealer originally said I would just need to wait until they could be scheduled. Now they're saying they're not authorized to do warranty body work anymore.

Turns out none of my local dealers are doing body work. Not sure if they just don't want to touch this problem anymore.

I called into Jeep, and reached out to @JeepCares, neither provided any guidance or resolution other than just call dealers and see who will do body work. This has been incredibly frustrating and realistically will make me question further Jeep purchases.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Wow really backorder that long? Geez. This is such a dang nightmare.
Glad that they upped the warranty. I wonder how much money this has cost them so far? Would have been easier and cheaper to just build it right the first time.
Once Mine is gone I will look at getting something older just to have fun with. One made of all steel and no aluminum.
I have some bad news about steel for you........

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Update:
I get a email from my Stellantis Case manager:

“Have you been able to make an appointment at the dealership for the corrosion repairs

I am unable to keep a case open if there is no appointment scheduled”

I responded:
Yes, as per my email response to you last week, we have secured the earliest appointment which is January 23rd 2023…

Stellantis:
Great thank you for the update

I will need to close this case as the appointment for months away , I can not leave a case open for that long

Please call use back closer to your appointment if you are in the need of any assistance…

🤬

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. So they’re gonna close the case and you’ll be in the merry go round again

Sponsored

Npignatjr1951

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Happened to mine, 100% covered but shouldn’t happen. Two months for the repair had a loaner for the whole time. Now I check every other Jeep I see and inform the owner to keep a watch on the hinges.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Wondering who determines if they will do a repaint or replace the doors, hood and rear door as was done for one of the posters. Ours is blistering everywhere including at the bottom of the doors. Ours is a '19 with 19K miles.

The sad thing is, it's not the fact that these items are aluminum, it all has to do with the prep of the aluminum. I have a '15 F-150 when they first went to an all aluminum body. After 8 years the paint still looks like brand new and there are no bubbles or blistering anywhere.

Jeep really screwed up on this one. This was our first Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat product and will be our last.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I’ve been to 3 dealerships and getting the run around about getting mine fixed. I’m probably going to have to trade it in before it’s any worse, and no one wants it.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been to 3 dealerships and getting the run around about getting mine fixed. I’m probably going to have to trade it in before it’s any worse, and no one wants it.
I'm actually doing this too.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Wife just got from the dealership. We have an appt for the repairs in January at a local body shop that the dealership has been using. I just pray that everything matches when all is said and done. If it wasn't for this stupid blistering, we have the most beautiful black paint job on our Rubicon.
Sponsored