Sponsored

Lights and message between the tach and Speedo don't go off.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
A few times my Lights and message between the tach and speedo have not shut off. This happened three times now and twice it has drained the battery if the jeep is parked more than three days and these stay on . This all started after i had to replace both the original batteries with Interstate ones at 43000miles on my 2020. First time was 11 days after i replaced them. I disconnected all the accessories i have installed to ruling out that possibility. Charged up the batteries, checked that all the fuses are seated . The second time was again about 12 days with two days sitting. I was confused so went back to Interstate and they replaced the main with a new battery. So i started using the battery voltage in the accessory switch to check the voltage before each start, this has always been the same as my meter testing. Usually after sitting and before starting my voltage was 12.4 and would charge while driving between 13.5-14.4 volts. So I moved the jeep out to the big garage to do more checking. The next day i walked up to the jeep and before opening the door i noticed those dash light and shifter lights both on. I said to myself could this be my problem! I pushed the start to accessories and it said my battery voltage was 11.4 volts. Jeep started so i drove it that day and it charged at 14.5 volts . During this time i had about 4 stop /starts and they stayed on for the short trips away from the jeep. See the picture below after a 20 minute stop at Starbucks. Around the last stop at Costco, when i locked the jeep and about 45 seconds they went off. So started to keep an eye on this and it's now going off after about 30 seconds.

So i went home and unmarred the Taser. Want to remove all possibilities and have been watching this. So now only 8 days into this i have not noticed any other problem. But i am not trusting the jeep yet!

So a long story short, have any others had issues like this? If so what is the fix? Was i supposed to do something when i replaced both batteries to reset this?

Could the Taser be causing this? It has always worked out fine before both batteries had to be replaced. I have checked and my taser is up to date but have not installed it yet.

If this happens again i am off right to the dealer so they can see whats happing. Any Ideas?

IMG_6169.jpeg
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Are your doors latching all the way? What procedure was used to change the aux battery? did you pull the fender or the fuse block?

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the doors are secure. Sometimes they would not go off from just sitting in the jeep counting to see how long it takes to time out. I removed it the hard way by removing the fuse box from the top. All things seemed too go back together pretty smoothly. I did notice when done that i had to reseat a few things in the fuse box from removing it.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Maybe a misaligned pin in the fuse lock. It’s probably not likely, but possible. Especially if that’s the only thing that’s been disturbed prior to the issue appearing.

Its really hard to say without the vehicle right in front of me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Same happens for me FWIW
Did you figure out why it was staying on? I have unmarried my Taser and have not had any other problems with them staying on. Going to re marry it again and see what happens

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
No tazer here. I've been told it's the aux battery going bad

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
No tazer here. I've been told it's the aux battery going bad
Thanks , I replaced it and this started. I have not had a issue this month now fingers crossed.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tazer in mine, and I have noticed a few times that when I open the door or the tailgate the radio will start playing without me pressing the start button at all. Usually happens after streaming music and I've shut the Jeep off. It plays for 5-10 seconds, then shuts itself back off again. I've had no battery problems (yet, knock on wood!), but I've found this to be rather odd. N ot sure if it's Tazer related or not.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Mine does this, if one of my kids don't close a door fully, or if the tranny isn't fully In Park. Might be a faulty sensor.

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Mine just did this yesterday, and nothing would get it to shut off, until I removed the Tazer. As soon as I unplugged the Tazer, and shut the door, it went away.

Now I'm worried that the Tazer may kill my battery under some unknown condition.

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I unmarried the taser, ran for three weeks without any problems all stock. Updated the Taser and reinstalled it the other day. So far not problems.
Sponsored