What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Partswiz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3937 (4)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3942
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3939

Added the Jeep's name Bleep for all to see :swear: and pinstripes.
Looking for an emoji sticker to represent censored/Bleep by name or replace.
Looking for a better bronze color but works for now.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Cross posted in the 2 door section

Installed the @Metalcloak narrow width rear bumper.
There are a few things that drew me to this one in particular.

1. Provisions for relocating the license plate with a light.
2. It comes powder coated.
3. The increased departure angle opposed to the stock plastic bumper I had.
4. The pinch seam protection offered by the end caps.
5. The (beautifully) welded on recovery points.

After, it’s @Metalcloak - so it’s a quality bumper - well made and beefy. I personally had some challenges with the instructions. Mainly because I installed it on a JL Sport. The directions are written and photographed as if you’ll be installing on a Rubicon. Believe it or not (at least on the 2018s) there are a few differences between the Sport and Rubi rear bumper configuration. Not a big deal… there was some cussing and a tool “toss” I’m not proud of- but that’s normal for any install I do.

I like it. The rear end matches up better with the oem steel front now.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1665A7EA-B846-4933-898E-7226F9E169A1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 30CDF04C-F288-4FCF-98E7-35E7F1F1F9B9

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Installed the Maximus 3 rear tow loops without skipping a beat. Started On the front tow loops and gosh what a PITA.

cut one side of the bumper off, need to swap batteries. Started hacking away at the other side and battery died about 80% through. Started getting dark so I will continue tomorrow.

I still need to cut off the skid plate portion and I am not looking forward to it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
THANKS a bunch! Put in my order......
@rfg9585

Suggest you cancel that Amazon order... or return without opening to Amazon for full credit.

Get the correct fender flare clips for a JL. Send back that Chinese crapola that is for a JK.

Sure, you can trim them to get them to fit/work... but that bastardized, brittle, crapola, JK fender flare clip is best avoided..

melman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Got a cracked windshield . It's so random haven't driven the Jeep in four days and I drive it and see this. its from the base and not sure if it's from a rock. Safelite wants $845 to replace it because of the ACC sensor. Which doesn't make any sense because the windshield folds down so it's not even attached to the sensor.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagerJC6As

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Got a cracked windshield . It's so random haven't driven the Jeep in four day and I drive it and see this. its from the base and not sure it's from a rock. Safelite was 845$ to replace it because of the ACC sensor. Which doesn't make any sense because the windshield folds down so it's even attached to the sensor.
tempImagerJC6As.jpg
Doesn't look like a strike.

Ya, I question the "calibration" as well. In saying that, I don't know dick about the industry or technology. Just seems odd I can drop windshield and be fine but replacing a windshield causes some issues.
I did read that if you have a SGW bypass cable installed. They can't use the calibration machine. Lol. YMMV.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Cross posted in the 2 door section

Installed the @Metalcloak narrow width rear bumper.
There are a few things that drew me to this one in particular.

1. Provisions for relocating the license plate with a light.
2. It comes powder coated.
3. The increased departure angle opposed to the stock plastic bumper I had.
4. The pinch seam protection offered by the end caps.
5. The (beautifully) welded on recovery points.

After, it’s @Metalcloak - so it’s a quality bumper - well made and beefy. I personally had some challenges with the instructions. Mainly because I installed it on a JL Sport. The directions are written and photographed as if you’ll be installing on a Rubicon. Believe it or not (at least on the 2018s) there are a few differences between the Sport and Rubi rear bumper configuration. Not a big deal… there was some cussing and a tool “toss” I’m not proud of- but that’s normal for any install I do.

I like it. The rear end matches up better with the oem steel front now.
I really like that bumper, looks great. I see the downside is it really reveals the JL’s boat anchor of a muffler. Maybe do a muffler delete kit or paint it satin black with high temp paint.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Got a cracked windshield . It's so random haven't driven the Jeep in four day and I drive it and see this. its from the base and not sure it's from a rock. Safelite wants $845 to replace it because of the ACC sensor. Which doesn't make any sense because the windshield folds down so it's not even attached to the sensor.
Safelite tried that with me earlier this year. They also couldn't recalibrate the ACC because my Jeep is lifted.
I called a different shop who came and swapped windshields in my driveway. They assured me the ACC bit is a scam for $$$.
My ACC works perfectly.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great question. I have not looked on the inside of a Wrangler with the Sky Top, so don't know exactly how that is set up, but these are simply replacing the bolts that attach the hard top to the Jeep, so I would think that would be the same?
Nope - No bolts on a SOT. The rear windows come out like your Freedom Panels do with latches. If you are gutsy enough, the holes are in the body under the window frame and could be used for sure. I haven't gotten the guts up to do it yet! I have a small MOLLE Rack that I plan to mount between the seat and the wheel well that uses the factory bolt holes.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Nope - No bolts on a SOT. The rear windows come out like your Freedom Panels do with latches. If you are gutsy enough, the holes are in the body under the window frame and could be used for sure. I haven't gotten the guts up to do it yet! I have a small MOLLE Rack that I plan to mount between the seat and the wheel well that uses the factory bolt holes.
You can do it…I bolted in from underneath with thread locker to mount my powertank bracket. Works great and didn’t need to drill through the window bracket.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A6F13F5A-CA23-475B-835A-1B69B20B2121

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ECAB6B6D-E846-45C3-AD84-E8FB609D7CA3

marsheezi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S - Bright White
Build Thread
Link
Inquired into it's status. Dropped it off at the dealership on Monday morning to investigate a cylinder misfire and they havent even brought it into the shop to start working on it....

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Maximus-3 tow loops front and rear installed. Fronts are a absolute nightmare.

for anyone attempting this mod, don’t stress too much about your hole or cuts, there is some play room involved. If anyone has done this mod and knows how to get to the bottom stud on the bumper please share. Box wrench can’t reach, shall socket gets stuck on the stud and/or bottoms out. Deep socket is blocked by the hook.

B4AF1CA9-ED04-426A-9005-43583BBE2FBF.jpeg

5EF19FFB-0A24-400E-9BA9-FD0370A25A9E.jpeg