OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Adam... your soul is calling out to you. Yes you have time to come to the light. Not sure your age but if known... we can advise you further.
Haha......41. Tell Jeep to bring back Hella Yella, it would definitely make it a bit easier to make the switch.
Sponsored

trailbaf10

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here is the High Velocity Yellow with a lot of black thrown in. Isn’t Hella Yella but more like a NASCAR racing yellow on a cloudy day has a slight green to it. Just more food to feed your soul’s desire to rip around in a 2-door!🤣
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? A881AC91-9E35-4467-B88C-B348A2ED4F5B

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
Now that you've mentioned the green, I can't not see it. It's growing on me. :D

That's a good looking Jeep.

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Here is the High Velocity Yellow with a lot of black thrown in. Isn’t Hella Yella but more like a NASCAR racing yellow on a cloudy day has a slight green to it. Just more food to feed your soul’s desire to rip around in a 2-door!🤣
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? A881AC91-9E35-4467-B88C-B348A2ED4F5B
Ahh........come on now.......I've told myself to basically hold out for Hella Yella, but HV is growing on me. Definitely one I need to see in person, heading to Florida this weekend for some work my wife is doing, I'm just tagging along, surfing, etc. I may try and find one at a dealer down there, because there are definitely none around here.

trailbaf10

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
A yellow comparison. Not sure what the yellow of the other Jeep is, but high velocity yellow is on right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? DD27BB15-B987-4B7E-9BF1-B932692648B5

Sponsored

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
A yellow comparison. Not sure what the yellow of the other Jeep is, but high velocity yellow is on right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? DD27BB15-B987-4B7E-9BF1-B932692648B5
Nice - I think that's Dozer Yellow maybe? JK fans, I'm not certain, I don't think it's Hella Yella but I could be wrong. Man, I go back and forth, really need to see one in person, maybe I'll bump into one in Florida or Uwharrie the next two weekends on road trips.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I brought my tent for my overnight mountain biking trip last weekend. But the weather got wet and I was soaked when I was finished. After changing into something dry I didn't want to go outside and get wet to set up the tent, so I slept in the front seat. Uncomfortable? Yes. But the massive wreck I took the day before hurt more than the sleeping position so whatever. My tent and riding gear, plus the fridge from my van were inside.

First vehicle I have owned in a while that was worth more than my bike :facepalm:

655444-798ab8e4955f6082959409ae359d7664.jpg

I normally travel in my van if I am doing something big, or with my GF. But for shorter trips, the 2 door is more than fine. I have the back seat in right now for the occasion when I need to give my GF's teenagers a ride, they can harden the fuck up and live with a small back seat and no roof (usually), builds character.

The old back and what it used to be
You look 30. How old is your back? :LOL:

IMG_20220911_073419632.jpg

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
You look 30. How old is your back? :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? IMG_20220911_073419632

Bahahaha, a little higher, but close. I actually fractured the spine 2 years ago. Still waiting on my Terminator replacement spine, might be in production by 2050, who knows!

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has to resort to Rube Goldberg engineering to get a bike rack to fit around my 37" spare!

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has to resort to Rube Goldberg engineering to get a bike rack to fit around my 37" spare!
Still on the stock 33's, and will be for a long time*. But the door wouldn't open with the rack on there, and it was hard to get anything into the back. I am not a fabricator, so I had to buy an adapter. I don't like it, but it works well enough. More secure than the last cheap bike rack I had on my old car.

*Bronco II in my profile photo was on 33's and I got to have a lot of fun in that, and it was less capable than a stock JLR.

Sponsored

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not dissing 33s! My 37s have seen some trails but, honestly, I got them for (what I think is) the right visual proportions for me. They do make some things easier but they mostly just make me happy. I'm full of respect for people who wheel without that "cheat". :D

They do make mounting a bike rack (or a hammock frame) harder. I have the intention of taking my setup to a fabricator buddy as a template but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
agreed!!

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I go to a 2 door? IMG_20220911_073419632
I believe that’s Detonator Yellow on the JK… it’s actually a super bright yellow, but dull compared to High Velocity.

Dozer is identical to Nacho on the JL’s and is definitely in my top three Wrangler colors ever. Just missed it when I was ordering.

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Bringing this post back.......still looking. I think I'm over having to sleep in the Jeep, saw someone setup the Gazelle last weekend (I think it was a T4) literally popped up in a minute. I could roll with that and keep surf gear inside the Jeep/on top. At this point, it's just waiting on Hella Yella, Solar Yellow, or seeing High Velocity in person. Finding a new 2 door anywhere is pretty difficult at this point.

I kinda measured things out again today.......two basic trips:

1. Surf - boards on top, possibly a tent too, I have roof racks already with Inno locking straps. Foil (hydrofoil) inside, basically flat on the floor, containers/kites with gear on either side. Sleep outside, lock everything inside (probably better than other way around in case someone wanted to walk off with a lot of expensive gear).

2 . Off-road - tools mostly in seat backs (Bartact seat covers). Kite gear replaced with container with snatch strap, shackles, tools, etc.

Can you remove the subwoofer to reclaim that storage area since it comes stock on the Rubicon now?

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Ahh........come on now.......I've told myself to basically hold out for Hella Yella, but HV is growing on me. Definitely one I need to see in person, heading to Florida this weekend for some work my wife is doing, I'm just tagging along, surfing, etc. I may try and find one at a dealer down there, because there are definitely none around here.
So I saw High Velocity for the first time in person today, it was a 4 dr Rubicon XR, really nice looking Jeep (as it should be since it cost $17k more than mine that's a '21 Rubicon JLU). In any case, I did all of the measurements of fitting my gear in using 48" depth from the front seats to the rear tailgate, and I think it will work without too much effort.

So......I'm leaning more and more towards a 2dr. It does suck that my other color (current color) - Hydro Blue seems to be gone, so I may wait awhile to see what is available, etc. Any other pictures of High Velocity 2 doors?

I'm doing some of the calculations as well, looks like roughly $44k from Carvana for my JLUR, with an upgraded bumper, winch (which I may remove), and I'd be out Armorlite in the front and rear. The bumper was $525, Armorlite $750, winch $700, I'll remove the Bartact seat covers and tailgate out of it, paid $42k so......let's say I split even on it.

A new JLUR with only a hard top add-on should be around $42k or so at Gupton. The only add-on I'd think about is LED/Steel Bumper group, it's shame you have to get both to get the OEM Steel bumpers, but......I'll probably just add on a Rugged Ridge Arcus or similar after the fact. Luckily, sales tax in SC is capped at $500 so no real loss there. Any other thoughts on a 2 door build?

I'd add the Armorlite, winch, front bumper (if I don't get OEM) right off the bat, everything else as it goes (armor, tires, etc.). Mostly wheeling in the southeast, western NC mountains, GA, etc.
Sponsored