First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
You have a Jeep less than 10 months old and you ordered a newer one..... ??? (wanted the purple ? - I do understand, as we were pink people)
Sorry, probably needed to have a contract with the dealer when you ordered your new Jeep - generally, yeah, now he's gonna screw you as bad as he can since it wasn't inked correctly in the first place and he will hope like hell you will sign anything when the shiny new one rolls in or at least that you'll feel you don't have a choice. He's not gonna be your guy here for sure
On the other hand, yeah.... just because the used car market was insane for a couple years doesn't mean they didn't come to their senses and realize the simple fact - Your '22 is now a used car and not worth new car prices
Retards bought used and paid more than new for sure because slick willy told them they had no choice
Get the most you can for it and move on, enjoy your '23 till the hover Jeep 28's come out and be happy
There were people that got much more than they should have for used cars but most dealers and individuals still had brain function and offered real money and dealers are dealers regardless of the fantasy stories of offering 20k above original msrp on 5 yr old 600k cars with the doors falling off
Enjoy your new ride :jk:
Hey now, some of us “retards” got a pretty good deal on a used Jeep solely because they offered me a crazy good deal on a 5 year old Jeep lol. It was a crazy time and the market was all over the place, if anything, those with brain function made out with a sweet deal with super low interest rates as well. Hell, I refinanced my mortgage during that time too and got under 2%.

Let’s not get off topic here, the OP just wanted some advice on selling.
Sponsored

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
I thought you would like this Used 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport for $44500 on Autotrader http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/26FCF900

This is the link to my Autotrader add. Maybe too much information. Will edit, thank you!
The biggest issue with the Autotrader ad is that it is listed as a Sport rather than a Sport S. This means that buyers who are looking for a Sport S will never see your ad.

I'd also recommended excluding the "Priced more than $2,500 below KBB private party sale" from your ad. Anyone who cares about kbb values will look it up for themselves using your vin and other data provided in the ad.

Last edited:

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Good looking Jeep, issue is price. People have gotten used to paying msrp on new jeeps to an extent, but will be hesitant to do so on a used one. It is now a model year old and inventory is recovering, so they could go get a brand new one for same price.

Also, this forum is filled with folks who are getting 9 percent off new Jeeps. That would be approximately 41k for your Jeep. If I were in market I would expect price to be just below that.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
O.K., it is almost new. Color plays a big part in selling, as does price. So one can't change the color, so that leaves price. Times are tough right now, so some may not have the money available, because they are trying to put food on the table.
This, plus the used market has changed a Bunch in the last few months. Folks were selling used for new+ prices because new just wasn’t there. Stupid situation and not sustainable. Now the market is adjusting, plus inflation is kicking people pretty hard. During anything like “normal” you will take a bath on trading/selling a one model year vehicle, and suspect that’s what your seeing. It WILL sell, but you’re going to have to be a fair bit less than what a new one is available for. If you’re within a couple grand of what a new one is going to sell for, I’d think you’re going to have a tough time.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In NC used Wranglers are piling up on dealer lots. The party is over.
My dealer always seemed to have at least 1-3 used Wranglers on the lot during the height of the market foolishness. That said, they were usually JKs. Used JLs are starting to appear again, although their numbers are still pretty low.

The availability of new JTs never contracted, though. Possibly their popularity is geographical? I see very few of them on the roads, locally, whereas JL- and especially JK-generation Jeeps can be seen every day without having to look too hard.

It could be argued that average sticker prices for the JT are hard to swallow, with respect to what the same money would buy in a proper full-size truck. Brand loyalty, like almost everything else, has its limits.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
My dealer always seemed to have at least 1-3 used Wranglers on the lot during the height of the market foolishness. That said, they were usually JKs. Used JLs are starting to appear again, although their numbers are still pretty low.

The availability of new JTs never contracted, though. Possibly their popularity is geographical? I see very few of them on the roads, locally, whereas JL- and especially JK-generation Jeeps can be seen every day without having to look too hard.

It could be argued that average sticker prices for the JT are hard to swallow, with respect to what the same money would buy in a proper full-size truck. Brand loyalty, like almost everything else, has its limits.
In NC JKs and JLs are literally crawling around like ants. Seems I'm waving at every other vehicle. JTs are even starting to become numerous. However, in metro areas most are mall crawlers and people are ditching them for more fuel efficient cars. Yesterday I couldn't attempt to count all the Wranglers on the Jeep lot. 4 other surrounding dealers also had numerous Wranglers :(

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Short and skinny, is this. Forget most of the BS here. You can look this up if you want. Remembering this FACT The large majority of Americans know absolutely zip, natta about cars these days, or any vehicle. They can tell you next to nothing about the vehicle they are looking to buy, or, even the one they currently have. Think about it, they are even buying them site unseen off their phones.

Number 1 thru 3 of how Americans choose and buy a vehicle.

1) If it is cute, or pretty.
2) What color it is.
3) Price.

These 3 points in mind, may not apply as much to a wrangler, which is a different animal anyway. People who buy Wranglers are usually looking for one specifically.

I say keep your description short and sweet. Let people know it is a good low mileage, well maintained jeep and when the right person sees it, you be good.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Your other option is to lift yours to give it the XR appearance. The car market tide is in the process of turning. Used car lots are heavy on inventory they paid too much for. Buyers are drying up due to interest rate hikes and runaway inflation. Even new car dealers have inventory slowly beginning to build up.

KBB values are over inflated 6-8% right now, as they have not yet adjusted to the market. Price it at KBB excellent trade value for your private sale. If you price it through Carmax you will get a closer real world number. Once October gets here, I expect those numbers will be down again. By the Holiday Season, who knows where the market will be.

The soft top is a factor holding the interest back, especially with winter coming. Many like the idea of a soft top only, but not the reality of it. One thing you could do is to take a few picturs with the soft top down and the doors off. This makes it look more tempting to those who want a Wrangler for that specific reason.

Last edited:

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
KBB values are over inflated 6-8% right now, as they have not year adjusted to the market. Price it at KBB excellent trade value for your private sale. If you price it through Carmax you will get a closer real world number. Once October gets here, I expect those numbers will be down again. By the Holiday Season, who knows where the market will be.

The soft top is a factor holding the interest back, especially with winter coming. Many like the idea of a soft top only, but not the reality of it. One thing you could do is to take a few picturs with the soft top down and the doors off. This makes it look more tempting to those who want a Wrangler for that specific reason.
This also. Spring markets are a much easier sell for wranglers.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Spring markets are a much easier sell for wranglers.
Mm. Here, late Autumn and especially Winter is when monthly SUV & truck sales trends actually begin to expand, doubly so if the cold brings snow with it. The only thing that contracts is the dealers' willingness to provide as large a price break (if any) as they would during the heat of August.

To date, we've owned six 4WD/AWD vehicles. Those purchases were actually deferred until Spring or Summer. We did that precisely to avoid the seasonal pricing penalties that that vehicle category brings with it.

Convertibles and motorcycles do generally sell easier, and with less price flexibility, in the Spring. That said, the person who wants a soft top Wrangler probably won't be swayed by the time of year that they write the check. E.g., I bought my new soft top JLU at the end of October, when the cold and rain of November had already arrived.

The heart wants what the heart wants. The seller needs only to link up with that sort of buyer...the kind who sees this and says, "Sign me up!"

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to sell JLU? January-snow-30-inches

captcha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Wrangler
If you’re still tracking this thread, lots of advice here that I will try not to repeat. I am someone who takes good care of my stuff and when I sell, I do so at top dollar. My experience is there are a few key things that make a quick sale at my prices happen:
1. Great pictures and descriptions. I’ve had buyers come from four states away with cash in an envelope for vehicles. They know exactly what they’re getting when they arrive. I use a DSLR camera (don’t use your phone) and edit the pictures to show what I want a picky buyer like me to see. Clean interior, lack of wear, and general appearance of pride of ownership. Tire tread, under the hood, etc. Pay attention to angles and lighting. It makes a huge difference. Look at manufacturer photos for inspiration of angles and lighting.
2. Price it attractively. This was mentioned but it doesn’t mean cheap, it means visually grabbing the buyer. $39,900 is a lot more attractive than $42,500. Pricing in “negotiations” has never worked for me so price it at the lowest you can go from the getgo and don’t take lower. It is also important to catch the first wave. If the vehicle sits, buyers lose the sense of urgency.

OhioJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 JL's and a Gladiator
You will likely save $2-3K if you trade it into the dealer. Consider that over a private party sale.
Sponsored