Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Hello,
I have a 2.5 Gamer Changer lift with the Rock Sport shock. I'm looking for recommendation on some third party shock. What would be the a good option.
Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nixxxster

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Looking for something with a bit more comfort on the road. The Rock Sport seem a bit stiff on road. Maybe some that's adjustable.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
It’s probably the springs, MC are pretty stiff. I actually found the rock sports to be pretty soft, comparable to the fox 2.0’s. What tire size are you running and at what psi? Also, how long have you had the lift on for?

OP
OP
Nixxxster

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
I had the lift over a year now. I'm running 35' K02 at 32-33 PSI. So would it be better to replace the spring or the shocks?

Sponsored

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link

Montanabound

First Name
Lol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Fox 2.0s drastically changed my ride on my 21 ram 1500 diesel I had. I would suspect they would do the same for the JL

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
OP
OP
Nixxxster

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
any recommendation from Metal Cloak?

Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I have the Fox 2.0 shocks that came with my Mopar lift on my Rubicon and they are great for me. Softer than stock on road. I am also running 35 inch KO'2s. I believe there are some companies you can also have them custom tuned with various valving as well depending on your ride preference.

OP
OP
Nixxxster

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
I have the Fox 2.0 shocks that came with my Mopar lift on my Rubicon and they are great for me. Softer than stock on road. I am also running 35 inch KO'2s. I believe there are some companies you can also have them custom tuned with various valving as well depending on your ride preference.
That's going to get pricey

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
That's going to get pricey
There really is no "budget" option to accomplish what you are looking for, being a shock that is tailored to you, as you don't seem to be satisfied with what you have.

Even if money is no object, you will get a dozen opinions, all of which would be good on which way to go. What you won't get is someone with a $100 per shock option that is better than all those other options or better than what you already have unfortunately.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Ride preference can dictate a lot of what we would recommend. We have got pretty good feedback on the Fox shocks and Bilstein's. We also have some new stuff coming soon that will have more range.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
I had the lift over a year now. I'm running 35' K02 at 32-33 PSI. So would it be better to replace the spring or the shocks?
E rated K02's ride way harder than C rated tires, if both are inflated to your stated range of PSI use on the road.

I have the exact same setup as you, the MC 2.5kit with Rocksports.
I also have the full MC skidplates as well, which add some more weight(more on that in a second). I'm also on K02 37's vs your 35's. I mentioned weight, because I find that this suspension, smooths out nicely the more weight you add to it.

I ran D-rated, 37 K02's, and on very bumpy highways and asphalt roads, I'd constantly keep it aired for thousands of miles, at around 24-25 PSI cold. That was the sweet spot for my application, as anything more then that, it would ride too rough for my liking, UNLESS I packed it with more weight, like with 4 people inside, a full tank of gas, cargo, etc..

Food for thought.
Sponsored