Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
A FACTORY REP
Sounds made up to me. Did you see someone cruising around the dealership in a Jeep tee shirt telling everyone…’better get your reign orders in’…
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
UAW workers go on strike at Stellantis plant in Indiana

United Auto Workers union members have gone on strike at the Stellantis casting plant in Indiana

ABC News
DETROIT -- United Auto Workers union members went on strike Saturday at the Stellantis casting plant in Indiana, citing health and safety issues including the company's alleged refusal to repair and replace the plant’s air conditioning and heating systems.

The 35-acre plant in Kokomo makes parts used in the power trains of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM vehicles and a long-term strike could affect vehicle assembly lines across North America.

Stellantis says production had not been scheduled for this weekend and it hoped to resume negotiations as soon as possible on a contract with striking UAW Local 1166.

In a statement, Stellantis said it was committed “to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. After bargaining in good faith for two days and presenting an offer we believed addressed the union’s concerns, we are disappointed by the UAW’s decision to walk out.”

The 1,200-worker plant, Kokomo Casting, is the world's largest die cast facility, according to Stellantis. It makes aluminum parts for components including transmissions and engine blocks.

The UAW local complained in a statement that Stellantis “claims it has no money to meet its membership's basic needs" — including providing clean uniforms — while ”making record profits and investing billions in a new battery plant across the street."

In May, Stellantis announced a $2.5 billion joint venture with Samsung to build an electric vehicle battery factory in Kokomo that is to employ 1,400 workers.

UAW local president David Willis did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. A person who answered the phone at union offices said he was preparing for a resumption in negotiations.

The casting plant is to be retooled to produce engine blocks for hybrid-electric vehicles.

Stellantis, formed last year with the merger of Fiat Chrysler and France’s PSA Peugeot, had said it would build two electric vehicle battery factories in North America. The other is slated for Windsor, Ontario.

Mitoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Crystal Granite
UAW workers go on strike at Stellantis plant in Indiana

United Auto Workers union members have gone on strike at the Stellantis casting plant in Indiana

ABC News
DETROIT -- United Auto Workers union members went on strike Saturday at the Stellantis casting plant in Indiana, citing health and safety issues including the company's alleged refusal to repair and replace the plant’s air conditioning and heating systems.

The 35-acre plant in Kokomo makes parts used in the power trains of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM vehicles and a long-term strike could affect vehicle assembly lines across North America.

Stellantis says production had not been scheduled for this weekend and it hoped to resume negotiations as soon as possible on a contract with striking UAW Local 1166.

In a statement, Stellantis said it was committed “to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. After bargaining in good faith for two days and presenting an offer we believed addressed the union’s concerns, we are disappointed by the UAW’s decision to walk out.”

The 1,200-worker plant, Kokomo Casting, is the world's largest die cast facility, according to Stellantis. It makes aluminum parts for components including transmissions and engine blocks.

The UAW local complained in a statement that Stellantis “claims it has no money to meet its membership's basic needs" — including providing clean uniforms — while ”making record profits and investing billions in a new battery plant across the street."

In May, Stellantis announced a $2.5 billion joint venture with Samsung to build an electric vehicle battery factory in Kokomo that is to employ 1,400 workers.

UAW local president David Willis did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. A person who answered the phone at union offices said he was preparing for a resumption in negotiations.

The casting plant is to be retooled to produce engine blocks for hybrid-electric vehicles.

Stellantis, formed last year with the merger of Fiat Chrysler and France’s PSA Peugeot, had said it would build two electric vehicle battery factories in North America. The other is slated for Windsor, Ontario.

the company's alleged refusal to repair and replace the plant’s air conditioning and heating systems
In a casting plant, without proper air conditioning? I don't blame them for striking...

CJHubert26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green JT Sport, 23 JL 4xe Reign Rubicon
Just got word from my dealer today that my estimated ship date is 9/29. Scheduled date was 8/23. I doubt we’ll make that ship date and honestly, I’d be ok waiting another couple weeks (gives me a chance to throw down more on the down payment).

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Just got word from my dealer today that my estimated ship date is 9/29. Scheduled date was 8/23. I doubt we’ll make that ship date and honestly, I’d be ok waiting another couple weeks (gives me a chance to throw down more on the down payment).
congrats and great news! Looking forward to seeing a photo of your Jeep when you get it!

CJHubert26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green JT Sport, 23 JL 4xe Reign Rubicon
Will definitely post. After messing with the hard top on the Gladiator all summer, I think I’m more excited for the Sky One-touch than the 4xe, although only using gas in the weekend is pretty darn exciting too.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Sounds made up to me. Did you see someone cruising around the dealership in a Jeep tee shirt telling everyone…’better get your reign orders in’…
as a follow up I asked my salesperson if he had heard anything. He sent me the following text…

‘should be through October, maybe even the rest of the year’

i certainly suggest people get thier orders in for the reign color because with the commodity issues you just never know, but I would feel pretty confident about ordering through the end of October and maybe even a little longer

stetson

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
as a follow up I asked my salesperson if he had heard anything. He sent me the following text…

‘should be through October, maybe even the rest of the year’

i certainly suggest people get thier orders in for the reign color because with the commodity issues you just never know, but I would feel pretty confident about ordering through the end of October and maybe even a little longer

stetson
Your dealer is just parroting the press release that we all saw. Which is fine. That's what he should be doing. But just want to point out that he does not have any more info on this than we do.

Mitoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Crystal Granite
Your dealer is just parroting the press release that we all saw. Which is fine. That's what he should be doing. But just want to point out that he does not have any more info on this than we do.
They rarely do. Back when I missed ordering a Punk'n Gladiator in 2020, my dealer told me that they have a general idea of what they are told us happening, but until the monthly updated order guide comes out, they are grasping halfblind in the dark.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I like it... where did you get the pic from?
Very cool. But the pessimist in me looks at it and wonders if it's an old pic from the X-treme Purple days...

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. But the pessimist in me looks at it and wonders if it's an old pic from the X-treme Purple days...
That's a Sahara 4xe. Did they come in extreme purple? I don't pay that much attention to what comes out and when.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
That's a Sahara 4xe. Did they come in extreme purple? I don't pay that much attention to what comes out and when.
Don't think there has been a purple option since the JK....
I don't think 4xe's existed during the JK run....