First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
When you can't decide between a 2 door JL and a JT because you need that cargo capability. Just kidding

Jeep #8 is the JT Sport since I already still have Jeep #6, a 95 YJ being rebuilt. After a few months my wife liked the JT so much a decision was made to trade hers in for Jeep #9, a 2 door JL Sport S with same 3.6 and ZF8 as the JT. And can that engine move this thing.

Within 24 hours of buying the JL I picked up a set of 5 BFG KO2 Rubi practically new for $900, rock rails new for$50, just as I got for the JT and a free yet to install Rubi front plastic bumper. It's my wife's mall crawler, Costco Rated, grocery getter. Staying as close to stock, looking for JL/JLU Rubi suspension for a bit of lift and maybe Rubi fenders.

IMG_4474.JPEG

IMG_4468.JPEG

IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4451.JPEG
How did you address the TPMS issue, or were the wheels off a 2022 Rubicon?

Thanks,

Rod
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is there anyone here who actually likes the "Lowly 2 door Base Sport " AS IS ??
It seems almost every one immediately wants to add big tires, lift, transform it to another trim level
I love my 2.0T manual locks, roll up windows, LSD, hardtop and AC, stock tires, no lift, "Base and Proud of it "
Any "Base and Proud of it" out there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It seems almost every one immediately wants to add big tires, lift, transform it to another trim level
I love my 2.0T manual locks, roll up windows, LSD, hardtop and AC, stock tires, no lift, "Base and Proud of it "
And "Base and Proud of it" out there?
Be proud sir, you're a rare bird, fly high!!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Any "Base and Proud of it" out there?
A base JL Sport, properly understood, would exclude the optional limited slip, hardtop and air conditioning options...and anything else that is voluntarily additive.

You call out the addition of larger tires and lifts as transformative, which is true, but technically your selected options accomplished the same thing, albeit on a smaller scale. ;)

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
local mom and pop tire shop did the tpms swap for $15 per tire with balancing

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4497
That's a very good price. So your take off rims won't have a tpms, which is what I should do, but hate to throw away the aftermarket ones that don't work with the 2022.

Thanks for your reply.

Rod

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_2860.JPG
This is awesome. I got a Sport S with the intention of doing a few mods as we flat tow it with out Sprinter Adventure van. However, we took it all over California and went trail riding all over the desert and then the mods went into overdrive.
  • Oracle LED headlights and taillights
  • Teraflex long arm suspension
  • 4 inch lift
  • True 35s - Duratrax
  • Rockhard front and rear bumpers with swing out tire carrier
  • Rockhard aluminum skidplates
  • Dynatrac Ulitmate 44 front axle and trussed rear rear axle
  • ARB lockers front and back
  • 12K Badlands winch
  • Baja Design LP6 driving lights
  • Maximus roof rack
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_2860.JPG
Sorry to be so late to the game here, how is your UD44 doing? I just ordered mine and Iā€™m worried about balancing caster and pinion angle. Luckily Iā€™ll be on 2.5ā€ springs when done, but with my lack of weight 3.5ā€ over Rubicon wouldnā€™t surprise me. Iā€™ll also be keeping the M220 narrow rear for a year or two.

Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think I went and read the entire thread here.

I guess I bought into a 3B+ with my 2 door. Iā€™ve posted the how and why already so I wont expand on that part.

These are great vehicles in this form. My last JK was a Sport S and it did things for me that I wanted it to do. My NEW TO ME JL does the same and while it may have less in content it still pleases me in a way that I want it too.

The young lady that owned it before me did some nice upgrades. After really looking at the build sheet, this Jeep did not have the LED Headlights or the LED Fogs. I donā€™t think the WILLYS Edition came with smoked rear tail lights either. She added the stubby antenna, and the Fuel door which are all things I would have done.

The COLOR is what drew my wife and I into this Jeep and the WILLYS Sport option just made it the icing on the cake for us. I donā€™t think in this entire thread Iā€™ve seen another Bikini Pearl. I saw in one thread that in 2020 I guess only about 1500 were painted this way in total with only 10-20% being 2 doors.

9DB40547-1EEF-4F39-91F8-78F50C1505B3.jpeg

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Well I think I went and read the entire thread here.

I guess I bought into a 3B+ with my 2 door. Iā€™ve posted the how and why already so I wont expand on that part.

These are great vehicles in this form. My last JK was a Sport S and it did things for me that I wanted it to do. My NEW TO ME JL does the same and while it may have less in content it still pleases me in a way that I want it too.

The young lady that owned it before me did some nice upgrades. After really looking at the build sheet, this Jeep did not have the LED Headlights or the LED Fogs. I donā€™t think the WILLYS Edition came with smoked rear tail lights either. She added the stubby antenna, and the Fuel door which are all things I would have done.

The COLOR is what drew my wife and I into this Jeep and the WILLYS Sport option just made it the icing on the cake for us. I donā€™t think in this entire thread Iā€™ve seen another Bikini Pearl. I saw in one thread that in 2020 I guess only about 1500 were painted this way in total with only 10-20% being 2 doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 9DB40547-1EEF-4F39-91F8-78F50C1505B3
Bikini is the best color. I really wanted one but couldn't find one in a 2dr.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Bikini is the best color. I really wanted one but couldn't find one in a 2dr.
I saw yours and that is why I kept reading the WHOLE Thread. Did you have yours painted or Wrapped? It does seem like they are few and far between. I saw 4 Unlimiteds on my drive yesterday but no 2 doors that color. I know there is a SPORT 2 door in town but I donā€™t see it often. That Jeep is one of the reasons the wife and I wanted to find one in that color. I guess I would have bought almost anything from a RUBI to a Base to help make that happen, but in the Willys edition, the accents just make it so much better!

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I saw yours and that is why I kept reading the WHOLE Thread. Did you have yours painted or Wrapped? It does seem like they are few and far between. I saw 4 Unlimiteds on my drive yesterday but no 2 doors that color. I know there is a SPORT 2 door in town but I donā€™t see it often. That Jeep is one of the reasons the wife and I wanted to find one in that color. I guess I would have bought almost anything from a RUBI to a Base to help make that happen, but in the Willys edition, the accents just make it so much better!
Mine is wrapped. It's actually silver billet underneath. I only found one 2dr Bikini in my area and it was an automatic which was a no go for me.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
First post in this section; coming off a base sport Gecko 4 door and Gecko Willys Sport JT.

Iā€™m group 1B. Base sport with the following options: automatic (w/2.0 turbo), trailer/tow group, limited slip. A/C. Hydro blue with tan seats.

Picking up a factory Rubicon suspension for a lift, and factory rock rails on way.

Things Iā€™ve hoarded beforehand: 392 takeoff wheels and tires, and steel bumper from a 392.

Thing Iā€™m hunting: tan soft top. Let me know if you want to sell one!

I think the 392 wheels and bumper (gold tow hooks) will go nicely with tan seats and tan top. :)

First impression switching from a 4 to a 2 door - man this things turns tight; JLU already had a great turning radius and this took it to new levels. Itā€™s a little twitchier with the short wheelbase, but nothing bad. The single biggest thing I noticed was steering effort, has a heavier feel. Makes sense the that 2 door gearbox is set up differently, cranking the wheel too quickly could raise the rollover risk I suppose with the short wheelbase.

Iā€™ll post pics when I get the upgrades on!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 9DB40547-1EEF-4F39-91F8-78F50C1505B3

welcome to the 2 door club. quick question. did you have the 2.0 in the base sport jlu. if so, how did you like it. also with the 2.0 in the 2 door. does it feel a lot peppier than the 4 door. are you using octane 87 for fuel.

i have a 2 door base spot with 3.6 / 8spd auto and i love it. i might looking into a 2nd jeep either another 2 door or a 4 door in base model sport. i would get the 3.6 again, but open to looking at the 2.0. so any input with the 2.0 would be great.
Sponsored