Sponsored

Missing paint - big deal or drama queen

Would this be an issue you would let go of?

• Total voters

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Ah ok. Looked at that spot on the JT this morning as that’s what I drove today. Looks like it is missing it as well.

My guess is that’s where something is bolted to hold the body during paint.

10528E01-B876-4059-8D82-555FFD3D6FEA.jpeg
Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
You're not wrong, it looks like shit. My problem would be with a Jeep dealer fixing it. How many things can they screw up and make worse. How much of that plastic are they going to pull off if they feel the need to spray the whole panel. Personally, I'd take it to a reputable experienced body shop before I'd let a Jeep dealer tear into that and make it worse. Yea, a few hundred out of pocket maybe, maybe less. But it will be done right.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Ah ok. Looked at that spot on the JT this morning as that’s what I drove today. Looks like it is missing it as well.

My guess is that’s where something is bolted to hold the body during paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Missing paint - big deal or drama queen 10528E01-B876-4059-8D82-555FFD3D6FEA
This oddly makes me feel better, anyone else? Seems like at least 2 others with the same spot. The painters tape I still am unsure why though

Paint seems a non issue to me. Loss of rig use for 36 days due to warranty service would piss me off however.
Not to mention in the heart of the best camping/wheeling season of Colorado. Which already gets cut short by snow in the mountains! They have verbally offered a remedy that is semi satisfactory so unless that doesn’t happen (I don’t have it yet) I don’t feel the need to expand

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
I would order, or have mixed at a paint store matching paint in a spray can and do it myself.

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
its not obvious, except where the tape is, there is clear overspray and a line there that wasn’t sanded. So when the windshield is down, yes you see that clearly. When the trim piece is back on, the primer is only minorly and subtlely visible. I’d say only people with a knack for small details would even see it.

trust me, I go back and forth on if I’m being unreasonable. That said, it never crossed my mind Jeep wouldn’t step up and admit this was a mistake, not tell me it should be that way… I love the Jeep but I’m also a stand by your work and do people right kind of guy. I’m conflicted because I never support companies or people that aren’t, and that is how this is rubbing me.
I can respect that. You probably bought the wrong car. FCA is not really known as a stand by your work kind of company.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Gotta ask. . . why is the windshield down???

G.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Am I being a baby?
No. It isn't a bad thing to be specific about vehicles especially when you enjoy them and spent a bunch of money on them. However, Is the drama and stress worth the amount of time and effort it would take to fix it up yourself? Tape it off. Squirt some spray paint on it and move on. You'll live longer. :)

IllinoisChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It would not sit well with me. I would for sure be chasing someone down to correct this. Certainly mine is not missing paint like that.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hell...most of us (99.99%) wouldn't know it if Jimmy Hoffa was buried in a spot that you only see if you drop the windshield. In scanning the responses, it sounds like maybe ALL of us have that imperfection, but virtually none of us drop the windshield. [in fact, "virtually none" may be overstating it. :)]

I wouldn't give it another thought, and I'm OCD.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Im interested to know if anyone's Jeep is painted there. I don't think mine is.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Im interested to know if anyone's Jeep is painted there. I don't think mine is.
Here is a pic of mine. I’ll likely never know what lies behind the soft top latch bracket. I’d check, but I’d hate to mess with the neat little fuzzy bolt head pads protecting the sun visor.

Jeep Wrangler JL Missing paint - big deal or drama queen 65839E1C-95FD-4646-A0D6-C7C723A5735B

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
My 2021 has same tape and missing paint. I considered taking it in to get repaired, but never did.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Well consensus is almost 50/50 on people would care or not. I do want an answer from Jeep though. The fact remains the Jeep is for off-road not a show car and of the .1% of the time I’ll have the windshield down I won’t lose sleep.

BTW by comparison to the other side
Jeep Wrangler JL Missing paint - big deal or drama queen F5BC64C8-3AFF-455F-A12D-338057D7DF84
Sponsored