kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This man speaks the truth!
🤣 My ancestor was the Executive VP and Chief Engineer at Willys-Overland from 1938 to 1958 and inventor of the Go Devil engine so Jeep history are the kind of stories that we tell around the family campfire...not sure how many are still 100% true...haha. Jeep Engineers today love easter eggs and hidden features (like the notch in the hood tie down for a winch controller cable) so I have no doubt that the 7 slots Chocolate Thunder found are a shout-out to the 7 slot grill.

Speaking of grills, did you know that the JL front is a combination and shout-out to the designs of the CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK front ends? The headlights overlapping the outer slots is the CJ, the front of the grill going up and then tapering is the YJ, the signal lights in the fenders are TJ, and the fog lights in the bumper are the JK.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 1662135519856

Last edited:

JeepBryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass, 2022 JLU Willys on order
The back tailgate inside also has seven slots. There’s more to be found.

Sponsored

Xtina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL willys, 2021 willys sold
What about the reflectors in the tail lights on the side? There's slots on there as well

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
🤣 My ancestor was the Executive VP and Chief Engineer at Willys-Overland from 1938 to 1958 and inventor of the Go Devil engine so Jeep history are the kind of stories that we tell around the family campfire...not sure how many are still 100% true...haha. Jeep Engineers today love easter eggs and hidden features (like the notch in the hood tie down for a winch controller cable) so I have no doubt that the 7 slots Chocolate Thunder found are a shout-out to the 7 slot grill.

Speaking of grills, did you know that the JL front is a combination and shout-out to the designs of the CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK front ends? The headlights overlapping the outer slots is the CJ, the front of the grill going up and then tapering is the YJ, the signal lights in the fenders are TJ, and the fog lights in the bumper are the JK.

1662135519856.png
Too bad you’re family doesn’t still have a chief engineer. You could tell them to put the signal lights below the headlights like a CJ, eliminating the big glob of plastic hanging down from the fenders!!! It would look so much better!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What about the reflectors in the tail lights on the side? There's slots on there as well
That’s been posted on the forum sone time ago.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Too bad you’re family doesn’t still have a chief engineer. You could tell them to put the signal lights below the headlights like a CJ, eliminating the big glob of plastic hanging down from the fenders!!! It would look so much better!
I'll admit that when I first saw the JL design that was my fist complaint. It has grown on me though. If they moved them back to the grill under the light it would look too much like the JK. I do however like the look of the aftermarket High-Line lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 1662474142282

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I'll admit that when I first saw the JL design that was my fist complaint. It has grown on me though. If they moved them back to the grill under the light it would look too much like the JK. I do however like the look of the aftermarket High-Line lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 1662474142282
Yes— They are much better than stock, but function over form. Presently working on gears, tires and spare relocation. Then?- but it won’t be a face lift until function completed.

Tosucowboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 wrangler sahara

Personally could have done without the TJ tribute, but cool to know and impossible to miss once pointed out

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wagon wheels have eight slots.

That’s 8 slots x 5 wheels = 40 slots in total. If you add 9 you get 49, if you then divide it by 7, you get 7 slots!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 0E3DD740-471B-4EA3-BA95-31CF138751BA

😫
Sponsored