What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks and I told someone else that it has bugged me for a couple of months. I had to use some 220 grit sand paper on a block to get some of the big label stencil glue off, bit of degreasing and shot it.
@longfiredragon
@Gobirat

I use either steel wool or sand paper on the muffler and tailpipe... then I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol... yup, rubbing alcohol..... let it dry a few minutes and then spray paint. I do multiple light coats of paint..

I just use a new, unused, flat, USPS Priority Mai,l mailing boxes to limit where the spray goes when spraying. Just keep moving the box in front of me.... I'm real careful not to get over spray on the red shocks...

I do on a day when there is no breeze and I always place a drop cloth under the muffler so over spray does not get on the surface below.

When I wash the JL, I actually, lie on a track mat and wash off the muffler.

I touch up the paint job on the muffler every few months..... as needed.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Agency6 L-Shaped Roof Locks to replace the ugly, factory black plastic ones. I've had my eye on these for a while - they're super cool, but a little pricey. Thanks to their Labor Day sale scored a set of 6 from their garage sale page for less than half price. They look and feel great. This is the third A6 product I've picked up (no affiliation) and each one is well made, sturdy and beautiful. Great enough stuff to fly their flag on the outside. Happy Labor Day.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3130

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. I worked on the house until 8 PM last night. Got up this morning and it was time to get the bugs off the jeep from the Tampa trip on Saturday.

Then I said to my self, I am putting my new lights and brackets on. Love the DV8 brackets, they are one of the best mods I have done. The fit was perfect and besides function I think they add a really nice touch to the jeep. The Rigid 3 inch lights, same thing, great function and looks. I know I won't use these very often but if and when I need them I will have them. Meanwhile I really like the added look to the jeep.

I ran the wires the only way that seemed logical, but was a little short on the amount of wires reaching the inside. I made it work fine. I made my own bracket and mounted it next to the computer hook up. I may change this. Kinda got tired and figured it will work for now.

Those DV8 brackets are really nice. I like the way they hug the contour. I did the Mopar ones with the 5" off-road lights and have always found the brackets a little too large and angular. But what's done is done. Good call. Really like the 1941 hood graphic too. I just may have to give that a try.

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
@longfiredragon
@Gobirat

I use either steel wool or sand paper on the muffler and tailpipe... then I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol... yup, rubbing alcohol..... let it dry a few minutes and then spray paint. I do multiple light coats of paint..

I just use a new, unused, flat, USPS Priority Mai,l mailing boxes to limit where the spray goes when spraying. Just keep moving the box in front of me.... I'm real careful not to get over spray on the red shocks...

I do on a day when there is no breeze and I always place a drop cloth under the muffler so over spray does not get on the surface below.

When I wash the JL, I actually, lie on a track mat and wash off the muffler.

I touch up the paint job on the muffler every few months..... as needed.

Yes good prep. Mine was sandpaper, 3m finishing pads, and lacquer thinner. Than shot light coats as well. Let it vape off a couple hours followed by a couple runs on engine mode. Sounds like we will have good mechanical bond. I taped off, used some paint paper and used the flap of a box for a spray barrier. Really it only took about 20 mins to tape and cover everything nice. I know its just a muffler some will say. But its my muffler LMAO

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I finally caved and installed a winch. I wanted something low profile so went with the following:
-Warn Evo 10-S winch
-Warn winch mount
-Maximus-3 Filler trim plates (love how clean everything looks with these)
-Maximus-3 Hook anchor
I bought the Underground Graphics gold “Warn” labels but I kinda like the classic red ones. I may add the gold later.

I will suggest you change that hook out for something else that protects the winch line and allows it to be fully spooled in. I use one of these: https://agency6.com/products/billet-winch-shackle-black
Synthetic winch line does not like direct sunlight. Don’t forget to pre-tension the winch line too. Congrats on your new addition.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Installed my Agency6 L-Shaped Roof Locks to replace the ugly, factory black plastic ones. I've had my eye on these for a while - they're super cool, but a little pricey. Thanks to their Labor Day sale scored a set of 6 from their garage sale page for less than half price. They look and feel great. This is the third A6 product I've picked up (no affiliation) and each one is well made, sturdy and beautiful. Great enough stuff to fly their flag on the outside. Happy Labor Day.
Dang it, John! Just went to Agency6 website and bought a set.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I don't need these at all but now I want them.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't need these at all but now I want them.
That’s exactly it… it’s the first (?) purely aesthetic improvement I’ve made and it’s really cool. Totally digging them… makes me smile.

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
I will suggest you change that hook out for something else that protects the winch line and allows it to be fully spooled in. I use one of these: https://agency6.com/products/billet-winch-shackle-black
Synthetic winch line does not like direct sunlight. Don’t forget to pre-tension the winch line too. Congrats on your new addition.
I’ve already ordered another hook - not a fan of the galvanized silver look. I also ordered a sleeve to protect the line. If that doesn’t work, I’ll look into a flatlink shackle. Already on my to-do list is to pre-tension the line 👍🏼 Thanks for the tips 😊

Last edited:

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Finally was able to wash up my baby after weeks of on-again/off-again random rain and blowing dust here in San Antonio. Also installed the Oracle Prerunner lights v.2 to replace my originals (much more subtle, and really digging the look), as well as a Chinese knock-off of the Quadratec flashlight holder to go on the driver seat rail. Half price and works great! 👍

IMG20220905180251.jpg

IMG20220905180313.jpg

IMG20220905180337.jpg

IMG20220905180401.jpg