Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
4 hours until I start smoking this bad boy…

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 79C3DBFF-F0AB-4692-B3DF-9FFE1E6F13A8
I'm just having soup with a few Buffalo chicken strips thrown in for a late lunch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1662318620323

U EEDIOT

First Name
Scott!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2006 Trailblazer SS
Occupation
Did my time. https://youtu.be/mj1dd0Kcq8A?si=h8gOFKS0rg7hysV6
Retirement light is at the end of the tunnel should be coming up soon or already in view, hopefully it's not and oncoming train:).
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1662319697466

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I used to go to town at that place when they were 5 for $5……
You'll eat 5 of those?! ;) LOL
And that's a serving for one brisket? LOL

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
It is sad that most companies no longer have pensions, 401Ks or any plans to help towards retirement

This makes it even more important to look for and start any investment opportunities possible.
I know that things are tough out there but even small investments investments can make a big difference. I wish that I did more when I was younger and going thru tougher time.

You have some safe options without the volatile stock market right now. Examples not advice ... Government "I Bonds" are paying 9.6% interest right now, short term treasury bonds are paying 3% plus. The advantages of accumulated interests is not to be underrated.

Everyone should have a chance at retiring and annoying the hell out of their spouse on a full time basis ... it is a right of passage ...

Just some thoughts from someone with a few miles on them (although not nearly as many as some on here)
All good advice, definitely. Start investing and saving early on to give yourself a chance down the road. Depending on your generation and line of work, however, it seems to be getting tougher and tougher. As the cost of living continues to rise and the salaries of most jobs aren’t rising to match, a lot of folks, especially younger folks, are facing a daunting uphill battle. Education, housing, groceries, and utilities are all markedly higher than they were even just five years ago. Average retirement age has gone up noticeably over the last 15 years as folks find it necessary to continue working into their late sixties and early seventies. This is sad.

This is America. If you work hard, and save and invest properly, anyone should have a chance to retire when the time comes.

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
It is sad that most companies no longer have pensions, 401Ks or any plans to help towards retirement

This makes it even more important to look for and start any investment opportunities possible.
I know that things are tough out there but even small investments investments can make a big difference. I wish that I did more when I was younger and going thru tougher time.

You have some safe options without the volatile stock market right now. Examples not advice ... Government "I Bonds" are paying 9.6% interest right now, short term treasury bonds are paying 3% plus. The advantages of accumulated interests is not to be underrated.

Everyone should have a chance at retiring and annoying the hell out of their spouse on a full time basis ... it is a right of passage ...

Just some thoughts from someone with a few miles on them (although not nearly as many as some on here)
I'm 31, and while I'm lucky enough to have a job with full benefits, with the general trend of the economy (I've lived through at least 3 major recessions in just my adult life) and my experience is, it won't be enough. Heck, I have a decent job that pays a living wage. But it won't be enough for me to do things like buy a house. I am doing some hardcore saving just to be able to afford my jeep, which I would be so lucky for it to only 1/8th the cost of a house in my local market.

My current income is enough for me to get by and pay all of my bills. Yes making some investments would be wise, but I do not have any extra income to do that.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I have “hollow legs”….. lay them sideways in a paper tray, load with sauce, then proceed to fork and knife the shit out of it… Was a treat for me when I was a broke young lad…
I'm just messing with you. You do you. :fist bump:

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 31, and while I'm lucky enough to have a job with full benefits, with the general trend of the economy (I've lived through at least 3 major recessions in just my adult life) and my experience is, it won't be enough. Heck, I have a decent job that pays a living wage. But it won't be enough for me to do things like buy a house. I am doing some hardcore saving just to be able to afford my jeep, which I would be so lucky for it to only 1/8th the cost of a house in my local market.

My current income is enough for me to get by and pay all of my bills. Yes making some investments would be wise, but I do not have any extra income to do that.
No luck on the Sugar Daddy/Momma thing? LOL :bandit:👀
Sponsored