Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Retirement light is at the end of the tunnel should be coming up soon or already in view, hopefully it's not and oncoming train:).
I am sadly of the generation that retirement is a far off pipe dream. I'm not even sure if it's real or not tbh.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Liking it so far myself, but from the episode 0 trailers it looks like it's gonna get more epic. :sun:
Same thought here - I broke out my well-worn and battered LOTR copy afterwards to remember stuff, as Amazon is constrained to what’s written in the Appendices on the Second Age.

Anywho, Goooooooood Morning, Jeep Folk! ☕ ☕☕

Cheers,
-CM-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1662311236727

Last edited:

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
This battery also comes with a removable plastic spacer on top (as mentioned there seems to be a lot of height variations with Group 25 batteries). You will need to take a pair of snips and cut the spacer away a little around the top terminal areas for clearance for the Genesis connectors.
OK my moments of lucidity are few and far between, but I could have just put these spacers in the bottom of the battery tray and I think it would have worked fine .. duh ...

Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I am sadly of the generation that retirement is a far off pipe dream. I'm not even sure if it's real or not tbh.
It is sad that most companies no longer have pensions, 401Ks or any plans to help towards retirement

This makes it even more important to look for and start any investment opportunities possible.
I know that things are tough out there but even small investments investments can make a big difference. I wish that I did more when I was younger and going thru tougher time.

You have some safe options without the volatile stock market right now. Examples not advice ... Government "I Bonds" are paying 9.6% interest right now, short term treasury bonds are paying 3% plus. The advantages of accumulated interests is not to be underrated.

Everyone should have a chance at retiring and annoying the hell out of their spouse on a full time basis ... it is a right of passage ...

Just some thoughts from someone with a few miles on them (although not nearly as many as some on here)

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
About 2 milliseconds after I took this shot he waved, saw the wave in the camera view finder. I wish he waved a little sooner, would have been a great shot.

ED210A45-11A1-4B7D-B2B9-C92EA4DB40E4.jpeg

A7B0D93D-4A58-459D-BED3-2B6FA6AE1313.jpeg

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
About 2 milliseconds after I took this shot he waved, saw the wave in the camera fiew finder. I wish he waved a little sooner, would have been a great shot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) A7B0D93D-4A58-459D-BED3-2B6FA6AE1313

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) A7B0D93D-4A58-459D-BED3-2B6FA6AE1313
Sorry dood, no pic, it didn't happen. :giggle:

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Agree, I topped at about 130 on a bike and that was enough. No sense in riding faster than my guardian angel could fly.

In a car it was 186. I was lucky enough to be part of the MB team for the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR program (2002). I worked on training and service procedure development. They took us to an old airfield in England used in WW2 and turned into a test track of sorts (wish I could remember the name I will need to look it up) towards the end of the project as a thank you to do some thrill rides in a couple of SLRs.
Even though the top speed of the SLR was 207 I only got it to 186 at the part of the track that the pro in the pass seat told me to lock up the brakes (to demo stopping ability). Zero to 186 is a rush but so is 186 to zero. We also did 0-60 and quarter mile times in it. How that pro driver in the pass seat did not end up puking his guts out by EOD I will never know. Note: the company would never do something like this today as a thank you.

To me it is not top speed, it is what you are doing with the speed you have.
20+ years ago I was also part of a 410 non wing Sprint car team. Even though we may have peaked at a little under 150 on the straight, sliding sideways in the dirt scrubbing off speed or doing slide jobs around someone was much more fun to me than what we hit on the straight.

Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
About 2 milliseconds after I took this shot he waved, saw the wave in the camera fiew finder. I wish he waved a little sooner, would have been a great shot.

Did he wave with all of his fingers or only 1/5 of them?