ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
did it while on the vehicle, no overspray paper, I just did it close enough to not worry about it
Excellent. Thanks much. I've definitely decided I'm doing it on-vehicle. I've got a roll of paper I can use to minimize overspray, but hopefully won't have a big issue, regardless. Thanks for the note back!

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Changed the manual transmission oil....twice. Loosened the fill plug, drained the oil. Used a cheap wally world hand pump and pumped two quarts in...finger checked the level...tightened the plug. Thought to myself, that was easy....went to put the drain pan away...hmm....look at that pretty crush washer in there....dang, dang, double dang. Back to the store, which was two stores because the first one only had one quart of the fluid left. Drain, ensure the ring is on...fill. Still cheaper than the dealer doing it I'm sure....and I learned a lesson.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Something very similar almost happened to the Missus and I a few years back. I wouldn't have had enough time or space to safely extract myself from stopped traffic.

The distracted driver braked hard enough that contact didn't occur...but it was close.

Funny how an Almost Event can invoke a similar, if smaller, adrenaline dump.
Dittos, Rush. About 5 years ago I was on my way to work at about 0645. Was sitting at a light and watched the approaching car in my rearview mirror coming at high speed. I thought, "Well, I'm about to be rear-ended big-time." At the last minute, the young woman driving, who had been putting on make-up in her visor mirror, slammed on her brakes. She came to within inches of my rear bumper. Scared the crap out of me and her. I'm hoping she learned from that.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last little thing to add before the big tires show up. The Oracle flush mounts are what should come standard. From factory led to these it’s night and day
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 312E9232-67EC-4F0A-98B5-8652482CEE2F
All you guys with the Oracles are killing me. I actually like the look of the factory ones, as they are definitely distinct in the dark, but from an aero/flush look standpoint, Oracle hit it out of the park on these. Every Wrangler/Gladiator I've seen with them in person looks great. Dang it! I'm going to have some 'splainin' to do with my better half when I order these...

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I’m slowly becoming less of an AAL fan, the products I’ve bought are not living up to the hype. I tried telling about the wench cutoff switch bracket not fitting in the diesel and got nowhere with them. I was being a nice non-explitive person too! I didn’t report the resistor packs failing for the turn signals because of previous attempt. I had purchased them together but was on the forever wait list for the turns. I may give them one more shot at redemption but it’s not looking good.
I'm an AAL fan. Two products... the Versa table match paintEd to my Snazzberry. Love the clean fit and quality. The other is my ghost antenna mount on the A pillar cowling. Both very expensive for what they are but beautiful designs.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Please comment more... quality? Leather feel? Ease of install?
All very good. Wouldn’t hesitate to order again if needed. Install was relatively easy. Hardest part was swapping all the hardware on the wheel. Whole process took about an hour

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
All you guys with the Oracles are killing me. I actually like the look of the factory ones, as they are definitely distinct in the dark, but from an aero/flush look standpoint, Oracle hit it out of the park on these. Every Wrangler/Gladiator I've seen with them in person looks great. Dang it! I'm going to have some 'splainin' to do with my better half when I order these...
It’s probably my favorite thing I’ve done. And it’s something I can’t even see but just the reverse lights alone make up for the cost. I used to turn on my chase lights so I could see backing up.

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Your muffler turned out great! Did you remove it to spray it, or do it on-vehicle with overspray paper in place? I'm looking at doing it as well and have seen videos of both methods. Would rather not remove, but want it to look good. Totally changes the appearance of the rear end (so to speak).
I too painted the stock muffler while attached. See HERE and HERE. Makes it disappear.