Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you have e-Torque motor - great! use the feature and save the environment
If you have regular ESS - Remove fuse #42, disconnect the AUX battery negative, and pretend it never was a feature in your jeep šŸ˜‘
Sponsored

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I don't love it, I don't hate it. Sometimes I push the button to disable it, sometimes I don't.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I don't mind the ess if the stop is a long one, but around here that never happens. So most of the time, it gets switched off.

It really bugs me when I forget to turn it off and then pull into a parking spot...it shuts off...put it in park...it starts up...and then I shut it off because I want to shut it off. That is the dumbest part of it to me at least.

I do have a tazer, but I only did minor things like tire size, etc. so I unplugged it. Once I am out of warranty, I will be updating the tazer, and leaving it plugged in so then ess will be gone for good.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
This is not just a Jeep thing. It is a Hyundai and Kia thing and I am sure most vehicles of today. It s a gas saving feature, and auto manufactures need every edge they can get when it comes to fleet wide gas mileage...

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
The stop start to me is very irritating and as soon as I get jn the jeep I just hit the button that turns it off.. More things that can break and cost money to fix

Sponsored

No14

First Name
WranglEarl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Havenā€™t gotten my order yet so its gonna be interestingā€¦ drove my friendā€™s JLUR (also manual) and threw me off at firstā€¦ i thought i stalled it! Lol... and like others have said, itā€™d be nice if it would remember last setting (on/off) even after every re start.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Curious what everyoneā€™s opinion is on the start/stop function? This will be the first time I will own one and Iā€™ve been wondering if they are bad on the starter and things like that. I really dislike that they have taking some options away from the Jeeps. You can no longer get a 6 cylinder in an automatic and can no longer order the Gorilla glass. Iā€™m just curious what off roading will be like with a 4 cylinder and the start/stop function.
Which engine are you getting? If you get the eTorque you barely notice it and it only uses the starter at the initial startup.

Deleted member 59498

Its good for ordering coffee at McD's with the diesel. Which isn't really all that loud but it clatters a little :)

OP
OP

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Uhm... since when? The V6 is still the default on the website unless you change it yourself.
Not with an automatic transmission. Thatā€™s what the dealers say and if you build it yourself when you click on the 6 cylinder it changes the transmission to a manual.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I have the 2020 Sahara with the e-torque system. As far as a stop start systems goes, it is one of the best out there. However, it is a pain in the rear end, and I turn it off now out of habit when I first start the jeep. As Reinen said in an earlier post, it works very quietly and does not use the regular starter like other models. Downside is that the 48V battery and the ESS System is only under warranty for 8 years or 80k miles. However, I think the new systems on the 2023 models will be the full hybrid which have larger and much more expensive battery systems. Don't think I would want one of them. I have found gas milage is better with the ESS off. It may cut down omissions, but it does not help milage in my opinion. With it off I get 24-25 mpg around town and with it on, I am getting about 23-24. Of course, it all depends on how hard I push it. I have attached a section of the warranty.

BDG Warranty.JPG
Is there a separate battery for the ESS on the 2.0L Turbo engine since it is not electric or a hybrid?

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The 2.0l Turbo
Your starter will only be used at the initial start-up and the start/stop after that will be pretty smooth (and won't be using the starter).

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Not with an automatic transmission. Thatā€™s what the dealers say and if you build it yourself when you click on the 6 cylinder it changes the transmission to a manual.
Sometimes there are temporary restrictions. My dealer said I had to order different rims. Iā€™ve also had dealers refuse to order certain colors because they thought it would be hard to sell if I backed out. You can definitely build a V6 with and automatic transmission though, at least in the Rubicon trim, I just did it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Start/Stop opinion? CD359F82-020F-4304-89AD-572F16B3EF21
Sponsored