What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
Finished up the rest of the metal cloak portion of the build the drag link was a b to install everything else is all set up
Also got the antidote outdoors rack installed I’m pleased with how the rack turned out
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AA946BF8-3DA4-4AA5-AAEA-DEC209F62BDD
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 52DB4DF4-7032-4B66-8E65-0620A6DCDCDF

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Is the orange outline on the perimeter a consequence of imperfect seating of the vent light housings? Just curious. I've considered the same accessory, but I don't like the light bleed that seems to be evident here. Just curious.
No, those are LEDs that are on the top of it. The house is sitting like it should, its just that they should have added tap to the back, not just to the front of the vent.
I also installed these and posted HERE on July 11, 2022. I am quite happy with them. There is no light bleed. They sit flush to body but I did add extra 3M tape prior to mounting them.

Followed instructions and watched a couple install videos.

They have the 3 horizontal LED side strips as well as LEDs along edge to aid in rearward visibility.

I ran a wire to 12V battery for power using a ring terminal. Wire is easy to hide along rear engine compartment seam and looks fairly clean.

Extra fender clips on hand would be prudent as some invariably break.

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
Great weekend up in Pigeon Forge! Came back home early Sunday and commenced installing some items that showed up on my door step. First was the rear seat covers from Bartact. Note - if you ever want or need a good workout, get these covers and put them on when it's 90°F out. Very happy with the results. Next was the Stinger Heigh10 (plus the kit for install into a JL). Very good instructions right up to the point of stuffing all of the wiring/cables/connectors when securing the unit to the dash. There is minimal room behind the stereo modules to get all of the cabling in so you can secure the bracket to the dash. Nonetheless...it was completed. I bypassed the OEM Alpine amp and installed a 5-channel Alpine (Alpine S-A55V) amp:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0644[1].JPG

Also, I replaced the soundbar and front dash (tweeters) speakers with Alpine as well.
All-in-all...I couldn't be more pleased with the Stinger Heigh10 and the sound quality. I might change out the sub at some point, but for now it works perfectly. The Stinger retained all but a few features I had with the OEM 8.4" head unit. A few things that stood out to me:
  • Sub remains on when the SOT is retracted...big plus!
  • Multi-band graphic equalizer which makes it easier to set up the sound the way I like to hear it.
  • Richer sound with the 5-channel amp
  • Very clear picture with the front/rear cameras
  • "Off-road" page is very detailed
  • Ability to add additional cameras (side cams, undercarriage, etc.)
Cheers!

Tim

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Great weekend up in Pigeon Forge! Came back home early Sunday and commenced installing some items that showed up on my door step. First was the rear seat covers from Bartact. Note - if you ever want or need a good workout, get these covers and put them on when it's 90°F out. Very happy with the results. Next was the Stinger Heigh10 (plus the kit for install into a JL). Very good instructions right up to the point of stuffing all of the wiring/cables/connectors when securing the unit to the dash. There is minimal room behind the stereo modules to get all of the cabling in so you can secure the bracket to the dash. Nonetheless...it was completed. I bypassed the OEM Alpine amp and installed a 5-channel Alpine (Alpine S-A55V) amp:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E4497AC6-9728-44B4-962C-D85021EBAFA1

Also, I replaced the soundbar and front dash (tweeters) speakers with Alpine as well.
All-in-all...I couldn't be more pleased with the Stinger Heigh10 and the sound quality. I might change out the sub at some point, but for now it works perfectly. The Stinger retained all but a few features I had with the OEM 8.4" head unit. A few things that stood out to me:
  • Sub remains on when the SOT is retracted...big plus!
  • Multi-band graphic equalizer which makes it easier to set up the sound the way I like to hear it.
  • Richer sound with the 5-channel amp
  • Very clear picture with the front/rear cameras
  • "Off-road" page is very detailed
  • Ability to add additional cameras (side cams, undercarriage, etc.)
Cheers!

Tim
Can you show a picture of the offroad pages?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t do anything TO my Jeep but I have to brag on my hubby. He cleared me out a spot in his barn and made me a “Jeep Corner.”

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E4497AC6-9728-44B4-962C-D85021EBAFA1

Need to tell that bee to “beeeehave”

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Put the Fabtech rack in and used some cheap Walmart toolboxes to store my crap.
(Thats not a real rifle, it's a .22cal pellet) and my favorite fishing chair tied to the bottom.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1908.JPG