Sponsored

I drove a 392. Shouldn't have done that.

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had a chance to drive my buddy's 392 this week. I knew it was going to sound badass and pull like a beast, but I'm screwed now. I need one. The combination of the V8 rumble with the look and capability we already love is automotive perfection. Damn it.

If anyone has a dealer rec in the southwest or west, preferably Phoenix, I may have to order one. I hear others are ordering well under MSRP now, which is great, but it makes it even more compelling.

If you're given the chance to drive one, don't do it unless you are ready for a very expensive test drive.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Out west, dealers that are known for aggressive pricing are Dennis Dillon, Peterson CDJR and Dave Smith in Boise, ID, and Huntington Beach CDJR in Southern California.

Having said that, current market conditions have altered how many dealers do normal business.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Out west, dealers that are known for aggressive pricing are Dennis Dillon, Peterson CDJR and Dave Smith in Boise, ID, and Huntington Beach CDJR in Southern California.

Having said that, current market conditions have altered how many dealers do normal business.

Good luck.
I just checked HB’s site and they actually have 12 392s in inventory, all with a $25k markup! The cheapest one is listed at $107k. They’re smoking crack.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked HB’s site and they actually have 12 392s in inventory, all with a $25k markup! The cheapest one is listed at $107k. They’re smoking crack.
Geesh...

Yeah. Can’t say I’m surprised.

For years Dennis Dillon was the go-to place for factory orders this side of the Rockies. But for the past 18 months or so they have been listing everything at full MSRP.

Peterson CDJR in Boise, ID, still does heavy discounting, but their deals come with strings attached in the financing.

If you are planning to finance the Jeep, Peterson might be a good option. If you are paying cash, though, they won’t...

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I use Air Park Chrysler/Jeep in Scottsdale, because they have a good Service Department, that is Mod friendly. I have no idea as to their pricing of new Wranglers.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Only people saying that are people that haven’t actually ordered one. If you are going to order one you will find that out for yourself.
Not true unless a bunch of people are lying. 2023s seem to be going for around $6k under sticker. The base price did increase so it’s all relative but prices are dropping and there are deals to be had.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Geesh...

Yeah. Can’t say I’m surprised.

For years Dennis Dillon was the go-to place for factory orders this side of the Rockies. But for the past 18 months or so they have been listing everything at full MSRP.

Peterson CDJR in Boise, ID, still does heavy discounting, but their deals come with strings attached in the financing.

If you are planning to finance the Jeep, Peterson might be a good option. If you are paying cash, though, they won’t...
PS - Kent at Peterson CDJR will be happy to provide you with a no-obligation price quote. He turns things around within 48 hours of receiving your build sheet. His prices are very good. Just make sure to read all the fine print, especially about how much of the purchase price you are required to finance, and all that.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
We’re a little early on the deals, the inventory is starting to stack up. Next step is the price starts to come down. History always repeats. Be patient. The deals are coming.

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
We’re a little early on the deals, the inventory is starting to stack up. Next step is the price starts to come down. History always repeats. Be patient. The deals are coming.
Only if they allow the orders to keep coming. Looks like about 6500 392s is the annual allotment. No idea how many orders are in for 2023. Dealers have some on the lot and on order since they can ADM them 25k.

if you want one, seems like a couple grand is not a big deal, order it while you can and forget about the price. I did.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Only if they allow the orders to keep coming. Looks like about 6500 392s is the annual allotment. No idea how many orders are in for 2023. Dealers have some on the lot and on order since they can ADM them 25k.

if you want one, seems like a couple grand is not a big deal, order it while you can and forget about the price. I did.
A $6-8k discount is certainly something, especially compared to the over-MSRP deals that had been commonplace.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance

Good luck.
F HB CDJR those guys are clowns.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
A $6-8k discount is certainly something, especially compared to the over-MSRP deals that had been commonplace.
If you get a $6-8k additional discount from what most dealers do for an order on a 392, post it here. They will have more business than just you.

I would prolly order one to sell.
Sponsored