Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Going with the knock off ebay steel bumber. Quality isn’t terrible but I will probably upgrade to aluminum to save weight eventually.
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thought of another one…I would not buy the mopar grab handles again. I bought them and only installed the passenger side, no one uses it. There’s only a million other things to hold onto while riding in the Jeep. I have a Manuel and didn’t even think about me not using it until I had it in my hand for install.
Who is Manuel?

The doorman that helps you get into the Jeep...?

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
How's the range on it with the antenna cable wrapped around the foot well?
The range is excellent. I can't compare to a Jeep with the same kit that has an appropriate length coax cable since I don't know anyone to compare with. I will say for common Jeep-to-Jeep communication having a powerful radio is more of a curse than a blessing. I pick up conversations and signals from miles and miles away, which makes most channels busy when the other people in my group with less powerful radios have blissful silence.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The range is excellent. I can't compare to a Jeep with the same kit that has an appropriate length coax cable since I don't know anyone to compare with. I will say for common Jeep-to-Jeep communication having a powerful radio is more of a curse than a blessing. I pick up conversations and signals from miles and miles away, which makes most channels busy when the other people in my group with less powerful radios have blissful silence.
Interesting. That's good though, never complain about good comms :) (retired military, lol)

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I put rear spacers on my JKUR. Will never do that again. You Already have taken the time to pull the springs, put back better ones. The work is done. There are so many better aftermarket springs, save the wear and tear of doing it twice and don’t do spacers.

Sponsored

CharlieVictor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, 4XE, Tacoma
Not a mod per se, but next time I won't order the Heavy Duty Rock Sliders with Step Assist by Mopar. I don't need them to get into the Jeep, and I haven't figured out how to gracefully use them to exit. They don't really offer a step so much as a little ledge that doesn't have room for your foot.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_1087

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_1088

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not a mod per se, but next time I won't order the Heavy Duty Rock Sliders with Step Assist by Mopar. I don't need them to get into the Jeep, and I haven't figured out how to gracefully use them to exit. They don't really offer a step so much as a little ledge that doesn't have room for your foot.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg
Yeah. I learned that lesson with my JKs.

Now I know I need rock rails, the standard rails will do. If I need a solid footing to step in, the Sahara side steps work a lot better.

Having said that, those Mopar rock rail/side steps do look bitchin...!

CharlieVictor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, 4XE, Tacoma
Yeah. I learned that lesson with my JKs.

Now I know I need rock rails, the standard rails will do. If I need a solid footing to step in, the Sahara side steps work a lot better.

Having said that, those Mopar rock rail/side steps do look bitchin...!
Yeah they look okay, and they do keep some of the spray off the side of the Jeep, so they're not all bad. I just don't think they're $900 good. That said, I haven't tried them as actual rock sliders/rails.

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I learned this from my TJ, so I wouldn't make the same errors on my JLURXR.

Buy cheap get cheap - if ANYONE adds "for the price" to the description of something it's cheap garbage but they just do not want to admit they wasted money on it.

Do not "half-ass" stuff. If you are going to buy something like a lift, buy the ENTIRE lift. Don't buy part of it and plan to "go back and get the rest later"

Buy once cry once, if you cannot afford it DO NOT BUY IT until you save up to do it right.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I learned this from my TJ, so I wouldn't make the same errors on my JLURXR.

Buy cheap get cheap - if ANYONE adds "for the price" to the description of something it's cheap garbage but they just do not want to admit they wasted money on it.

Do not "half-ass" stuff. If you are going to buy something like a lift, buy the ENTIRE lift. Don't buy part of it and plan to "go back and get the rest later"

Buy once cry once, if you cannot afford it DO NOT BUY IT until you save up to do it right.
You could repost this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread since most people (myself included sometimes) don't do it right the first time... :)

Sponsored

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
This question hurts the wallet!

From Factory:
- XR Package: I ended up replacing everything
- Front Camera: Agree with others it's not very useful
- The JL: LOL! I really wanted a Hydro blue diesel Gladiator, I love the JL but would get the Gladiator if I could go back.

Aftermarket:
- MekMagnet; It kind of works, won't use it again.
- 37's KM3: Great tires and I still replaced them a few months in with 38's

Actually not bad, my JK list much worse
You replaced the brakes, front axle, and gears??

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I got a 7" and it had terrible signal (unusable). I told seller and they shipped me a 16" flexible one with copper coils. Works as good as OEM and looks good.

Link?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I trashed my oem antenna and I regret that.
I have two in my garage in case I rip my 13" stubby one off. :) Or in case I finally get tired of the horrible reception. LOL
Sponsored