Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
When people spend $40k+ for any vehicle it doesn't give them a warm and fuzzy feelings inside when anyone let alone a well known Youtuber takes aim and talks bad about the vehicle.

Look at how bent out of shape hardcore Jeep people get when people trash talk a Jeep. Doesn't matter the vehicle the end result is the same. The emotions are the same.

People spend hard earned money on vehicles. You can't blame them. It's just the way it is. Most of the time the criticism is just splitting hairs but then gets taken to the extreme by certain people.
Well that's the wrong attitude. I spent my hard earn money I expect Jeep listens and improves shitty things such as an exposed tailpipe loop thats a rock magnet, an improperly place differential drain plug, shitty 2 door front seat release mechanism, plastic parts that break when you touch them, a mediocre 2 battery ESS system, etc...

I understand getting attached to your build and all the hours and effort youve put wrenching. But getting irrationally attached to a mass produced consumer product, to the point that one cant stand legit consumer criticism, is fanaticism.

So yeah. Fanboys will flame.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nobody is saying there IFS will doom SFA and the Bronco is a God. Im not. 🤣

All I'm saying it's one of the better IFS vehicles to come out for off roading and is super capable. Also not many other new IFS vehicles out their that you can take the top and doors off, come stock with 35s and front and rear Lockers with a short wheelbase like the 2 door Ford Bronco. Let me know if you find one.
True story, this is where the bronco is unique for a IFS vehicle. There are other vehicles that have IFS, and can be wheeled, but they do not have the ability to get naked. This is where the bronco fills the gap. Where bronco suffers is they marketed it as a direct competitor to the Jeep and it is not. While it is similar, that is it. As an off road vehicle it is more in line with a Cherokee Trail Hawk or a 4Runner.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

You should have seen the reaction to this video in the Jeep community. There was even a video of someone interviewing one of Jeep's product management people about it.

Take a deep breath people. They are just sharing their opinion.
I believe this is the video that made their channel blow up.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Well that's the wrong attitude. I spent my hard earn money I expect Jeep listens and improves shitty things such as an exposed tailpipe loop thats a rock magnet, an improperly place differential drain plug, shitty 2 door front seat release mechanism, plastic parts that break when you touch them, a mediocre 2 battery ESS system, etc...

I understand getting attached to your build and all the hours and effort youve put wrenching. But getting irrationally attached to a mass produced consumer product, to the point that one cant stand legit consumer criticism, is fanaticism.

So yeah. Fanboys will flame.
I'm just saying how people feel and act about their vehicle. Nothing we can do about it. It is what it is. I just don't like wild unfair comparisons with vehicles that aren't even in the same league for click bait. Now you want to talk about actual real issues with the vehicle Ike the interior quality and stuff like that I'm down.

My first YouTube video comes out today. And it's literally about the things I hate about my new Ford Bronco. I just got done editing it late last night. It's not the best video. I've never made a video in my life. You'd be surprised how much shit you forget to say when the camera's on. It's not easy.

When I have issues I'm not not affraid to speak about them.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I believe this is the video that made their channel blow up.
It's funny. I just made my first YouTube video about 5 things I hate about my new Ford Bronco. I just got done editing it last night. It will be released today.

It's not that greatest as it's my first video. It's a lot of work. Way more then I thought. My goal is to make better videos as time goes on. This was more like a practice video for me. Lol. Well see.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I watched the video and I agree without actually riding in a bronco, but from reading the write ups and watching the videos. And also owning and beating the crap out of a 5th gen 4Runner. I know how a consumer grade IFS is going to work off-road. I does in fact work better than you’d think. But it doesn’t give you the confidence when your vehicle is doing gymnastics through the rock gardens. I’d rather have my Jeep. Doesn’t mean the other vehicle isn’t capable it’s just not the same. You can throw as much money at something as you want to make it better. Dump some insane money into the bronco or a 4Runner and it’s going to kick ass. I’d rather just keep dumping insane money into the Jeep.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
My first YouTube video comes out today. And it's literally about the things I hate about my new Ford Bronco. I just got done editing it late last night. It's not the best video. I've never made a video in my life. You'd be surprised how much shit you forget to say when the camera's on. It's not easy.
I'm certainly no expert at this but a couple of things that have helped me...
When just recording audio off camera I write a script and read it, without trying to sound like I'm reading.
I found a readerboard app for my phone to read while recording myself. Still hard to do.

Edit: I'm looking forwards to seeing your work.

And now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Take a deep breath people. They are just sharing their opinion.

You should have seen the reaction to this video in the Jeep community.

It got to the point where our friends at TFL interviewed Jeep's chief engineer about the video.

I'm certainly no expert at this but a couple of things that have helped me...
When just recording audio off camera I write a script and read it, without trying to sound like I'm reading.
I found a readerboard app for my phone to read while recording myself. Still hard to do.

Edit: I'm looking forwards to seeing your work.

And now, back to your regular scheduled programming...
Yeah reading a script while video recording myself and talking at the same time is dam near impossible for me. 🤣

I actually found it easier just to blurt out what's on my mind. Which really isn't the best route either but it's easier for me. The problem is though i missed bunch of stuff that i wanted to say.

It's definitely going to be a learning process. Hopefully the more i do it the easier it will get and my videos will get better. Plus this is the first time I edited anything before. I still have to learn that and get good at it. It's a lot of work. And then I have to do it all over again for next week's video. 🙃

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
People's cars don't usually get keyed for no reason. If you think everyone around you is an a-hole, maybe you are the a-hole.

You don't know me or what I do, so don't assume I have to sell myself to customers (because I don't). Move on. 👋
Bruh, Ted is EXTREMELY well respected by a great deal of people. Not trying to silence or intimidate you, just letting you know that you're wrong. At least twice as of that post.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Bruh, Ted is EXTREMELY well respected by a great deal of people. Not trying to silence or intimidate you, just letting you know that you're wrong. At least twice as of that post.
This is true, one of the best forum members

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
True story, this is where the bronco is unique for a IFS vehicle. There are other vehicles that have IFS, and can be wheeled, but they do not have the ability to get naked. This is where the bronco fills the gap. Where bronco suffers is they marketed it as a direct competitor to the Jeep and it is not. While it is similar, that is it. As an off road vehicle it is more in line with a Cherokee Trail Hawk or a 4Runner.
For real man. Like, I kinda salivate at the thought of a 4Runner directed Bronco ad. The Bronco would DESTROY the 4Runner if the marketed it that way. It's LITERALLY better in every way. It would be soo much fun to watch the 4Runner fanboys try to justify their choice against the Bronco.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
This is true, one of the best forum members
As of this thread, I'm not impressed. Again, no need to keep responding/ganging up on people, just go on about your day/week/life and forget all about little ol' me. ✌😉
Sponsored