"Subaru < Bronco < Jeep"

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I think few Subaru owners born after 1980 ever had a Jeep. I've known a few Bronco owners that have owned a Jeep. Jeeps weren't gentrified enough for them.
wibornz, I followed along on your journey. Really, I don't know how you and the wife made it as long as you did. It was good stuff and I enjoyed following along. I was out wandering for 6 weeks once and was done. I am toying with the idea of an eastern fall color roadtrip in a 2wd camper van I'm finishing. Just me and the van, no JLR toad. I expect that will take nearly 4 weeks. I've never been much east of the Nebraska.
I had a Jeep (CJ7) first, then kids made the Jeep impractical; so it was sold and we bought Subarus for a few years. Now Iā€™m older, kids are older, and weā€™re much better off now that Iā€™m more settled into a career; so I got a Jeep again. CJ was 16yrs old and $3500 when I bought it in 2001, and was about all I could afford to pay at the time being a broke college student. The JLUR was brand new and ~$62k when I bought it last year.

The Subarus were just fine for carrying my Flyfishing gear, and toting my MTB to the trails and back. But now the Jeep does all that, and gives me a new hobby to enjoy.

I donā€™t fit in as stealthily at REI anymore though, thatā€™s for sure.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you mention Sasquatch. There was quite a bit of chatter about him on the radios after passing a sign in the woods that said "Sasquatch Breeding area. Do not make eye contact"!
This patch is being made in commeration of the radio chatter ater that.
Jeep Wrangler JL "Subaru < Bronco < Jeep" received_585818479866777

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Well we will be on the road again soon. I am thinking about doing New Hampshire badge trail, Virginia as I will be an presenter/instructor at Overland Expo East, then maybe camp a few days on Cape Look Out in North Carolina, Then maybe down to wheel at the Gulches in South Carolina, and over to Georgia to pick up Beasley Knob before heading home. Not sure yet as to how we are going to do it. We may do Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Overland Expo, then New Hampshire and over to Bar Harbor Maine...... All I know right now is I need to be in Virginia by Oct, 6th. The rest is just minor details.

My son is a Subaru owner. He uses it to camp and cary mountain climbing gear. He has owned Jeeps in the past, but he is not like a Jeep owner per say.
I don't know if you've been to Windrock or not but it might be worth a visit since you will be close..

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Well we will be on the road again soon. I am thinking about doing New Hampshire badge trail, Virginia as I will be an presenter/instructor at Overland Expo East, then maybe camp a few days on Cape Look Out in North Carolina, Then maybe down to wheel at the Gulches in South Carolina, and over to Georgia to pick up Beasley Knob before heading home. Not sure yet as to how we are going to do it. We may do Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Overland Expo, then New Hampshire and over to Bar Harbor Maine...... All I know right now is I need to be in Virginia by Oct, 6th. The rest is just minor details.

My son is a Subaru owner. He uses it to camp and cary mountain climbing gear. He has owned Jeeps in the past, but he is not like a Jeep owner per say.
Ted, Hit me up if you need a place to crash in Central NJ. Wifey is not much of a cook, but I'll make you and the Mrs. a decent breakfast. LOL

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Funny you mention Sasquatch.
I take no credit. That is simply a classic movie line when a bus full of lunches were stolen on a field trip Billy Madison was on.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Jesus, 16 pages going on about the same thing!? Thought it wouldā€™ve died like 10 pages ago lol.
You should see the Bronco forum thread someone posted earlier. Theyā€™re at 21 pages and itā€™s getting spicy with Kevin from Litebrite arguing with a couple of jealous and/or angry types. Makes the bickering in this thread look tame in comparison.

Jeepnā€™

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You should see the Bronco forum thread someone posted earlier. Theyā€™re at 21 pages and itā€™s getting spicy with Kevin from Litebrite arguing with a couple of jealous and/or angry types. Makes the bickering in this thread look tame in comparison.
Now thatā€™s juicy, time to find the link lol.

Edit: back from the bronco forum. Man, i thought Tacomaworld was drama. We used to get threads locked every Friday, it was a thing lol. Glad the jeep community seems chill.

dumpster fire thread on TW with 170+ pages lol.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...unning-this-site.775704/page-99#post-27732075

Last edited: