First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Oh shoot NOW the contest has changed! Can we get our thread locked before them?
They already won that one, so now we need to think, how many pages can we get in before this one gets locked? If we beat 19, then we win one out of three!
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Here's a set up sentence for somebody:

I bet the president drives a Bronco...

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
"In keeping with the rules, these Broncos use the factory 2.7-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6 and 10-speed automatic transmission. The transfer cases were swapped out for Advance Adapters Atlas II units with more gear reduction for the rock trails found in King of the Hammers. From there the drivetrain gets more exotic, with portal front hubs from 74Weld added to the factory independent suspension to increase ground clearance and reduce angles on the RCV axles. Out back a more traditional Dynatrac ProRock XD60 is used with an ARB Air Locker and 35-spline axle shafts from Spidertrax. Portals on the solid axle would increase ground clearance, but a compromise must be made with either limited uptravel or increased ride height and a higher center of gravity. Perhaps most important are the Fox front coilover shocks, rear smooth body shocks (bypass shocks are not allowed in 4600), and hydraulic air bumps at each corner. While the components themselves are high quality, it is the hours of suspension tuning that separate the Broncos from most of the other vehicles in the 4600 Class."

A 100% factory sponsored race build vs the rest of the field who has maybe half as much money into their vehicles. Super even competition. Portals at all corners, custom front diff, Dynatrac pro 60 rear, Atlas xsfer case. And this is definitely more of a desert race with rock sections, and nobody is denying that IFS is better in the Desert.
Is there any other race teams that have a full factory sponsored race build vehicle in the King of Hammers?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i couldnt read through more than half of this thread. cant believe its this long lol.

i think brittany is cute and has a cute personality. not my type of woman but she's attractive. she has a charming personality which makes many people enjoy watching her. i get it. some guys get annoyed and would prefer to watching a boring dude talk about wrenching and gears and what not. different strokes for different folks. ive only watched a few episodes but theyre entertaining imo. and lets face it, how popular would the channel be if she was ugly or fat lol. im sure there are plenty of guys out there that are infatuated with her. just like every other good looking woman on tv/YT/film. ive seen other female YTers that review cars and are attractive/hot but theyre kinda boring and i dont care to listen to them lol.

jeepviking is going to start a channel. lets see how successful he is. how entertaining will he be? enough to keep people interested and new subscribers jumping on board. its a full time job to constantly put out well edited videos and keep things fresh and interesting. how many different jeep videos can you really do? lol. and then think about dragging your rigs all over the country to visit different trails, all the time. LOTS of money and time invested in it in hopes you can bring in enough revenue from people watching. and then you need to keep growing or the money will start to slow down. at least if you want to make it a full time job, instead of a hobby. huge difference lol.

obviously theyre doing something right to have the large fanbase and viewership they do have. i cant stand F&F movies but millions of people do.

and jeepviking i wish you luck in your venture. i know i couldnt do it.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
It's not chauvanism (I think you're misusing that word here), it's about not compromising yourself or your values just to sell out to anyone throwing enough money your way. This erosion of ethics tends to lead to degradation of the moral fabric of society (looking at yourself and others as a commodity and not as a fellow human being) and typically leads to the individuals engaging in such behavior to have deep psychological trauma.

All of this to say: I won't be listening to/supporting Brittany Williams anytime soon (and neither should anyone else).
99% of people use their body as a commodity to earn a living. Some use their mind, others use their back. So we have no problem with professional athletes endorsing products while using their bodies to make a living? Or how about all the actors and actresses? Sex is the biggest marketing tool there is. You can be ethical and use be sexual to a point. I have watched many Litebrite videos and never one time have I seen them say, buy this because she is in yoga pants or what ever. As far as how she dresses, I am thinking most of you that are complaining view her in a sexual manner. I am thinking that those that are complaining about her attire, have not been in the gym, or out in public very much in the last 10 or so years.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
i couldnt read through more than half of this thread. cant believe its this long lol.

i think brittany is cute and has a cute personality. not my type of woman but she's attractive. she has a charming personality which makes many people enjoy watching her. i get it. some guys get annoyed and would prefer to watching a boring dude talk about wrenching and gears and what not. different strokes for different folks. ive only watched a few episodes but theyre entertaining imo. and lets face it, how popular would the channel be if she was ugly or fat lol. im sure there are plenty of guys out there that are infatuated with her. just like every other good looking woman on tv/YT/film. ive seen other female YTers that review cars and are attractive/hot but theyre kinda boring and i dont care to listen to them lol.

jeepviking is going to start a channel. lets see how successful he is. how entertaining will he be? enough to keep people interested and new subscribers jumping on board. its a full time job to constantly put out well edited videos and keep things fresh and interesting. how many different jeep videos can you really do? lol. and then think about dragging your rigs all over the country to visit different trails, all the time. LOTS of money and time invested in it in hopes you can bring in enough revenue from people watching. and then you need to keep growing or the money will start to slow down. at least if you want to make it a full time job, instead of a hobby. huge difference lol.

obviously theyre doing something right to have the large fanbase and viewership they do have. i cant stand F&F movies but millions of people do.

and jeepviking i wish you luck in your venture. i know i couldnt do it.
I thought about building a YouTube channel. As I Jeep a lot all over the US. I found that it was way more work than I wanted. It was hours of filming, flying drones, charging batteries, hours of pulling files and organizing them. Then 15 to 20 hours of editing. Then the time to upload and so on. Fuck that I do not want a full time job because that is what it is. It got in the way of having full while out wheeling.

Anyone that thinks what they do on Youtube is easy, it is not. It is a shit ton of work to push out the amount of content that they put out. It is also expensive to drive all over the country doing what they are doing. I was spending approx $5000 a month for the first six months of this year out wheeling all the western states. I would bet they are probably closer to $8000 a month for what they do.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Subaru owners have reached enlightenment. They are at permanent calm and restful awareness with their vehicles. They are one with Subaru.

shutterstock_1506406394-1024x683.jpg
True, Subaru owners are different than Jeep owners. They are more like bronco owners. Not the same as bronco owners, but more like a bronco owner than a Jeep owner.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I think few Subaru owners born after 1980 ever had a Jeep. I've known a few Bronco owners that have owned a Jeep. Jeeps weren't gentrified enough for them.
wibornz, I followed along on your journey. Really, I don't know how you and the wife made it as long as you did. It was good stuff and I enjoyed following along. I was out wandering for 6 weeks once and was done. I am toying with the idea of an eastern fall color roadtrip in a 2wd camper van I'm finishing. Just me and the van, no JLR toad. I expect that will take nearly 4 weeks. I've never been much east of the Nebraska.
Well we will be on the road again soon. I am thinking about doing New Hampshire badge trail, Virginia as I will be an presenter/instructor at Overland Expo East, then maybe camp a few days on Cape Look Out in North Carolina, Then maybe down to wheel at the Gulches in South Carolina, and over to Georgia to pick up Beasley Knob before heading home. Not sure yet as to how we are going to do it. We may do Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Overland Expo, then New Hampshire and over to Bar Harbor Maine...... All I know right now is I need to be in Virginia by Oct, 6th. The rest is just minor details.

My son is a Subaru owner. He uses it to camp and cary mountain climbing gear. He has owned Jeeps in the past, but he is not like a Jeep owner per say.