Sponsored

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
The spray doesn't clean it sufficiently?

Mine peeks out past the hoop, so that's not visible at all. My winch is buried down in the bumper. My big-ass LEDs do, however, block visibility a little:
PXL_20220821_183056187.jpg
The one time I got mud on the camera the spray got the mud off, but if left water droplets all over instead. And when you are crawling along at 3 mph the droplets didn’t bead off very quickly.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

The one time I got mud on the camera the spray got the mud off, but if left water droplets all over instead. And when you are crawling along at 3 mph the droplets didn’t bead off very quickly.
I have this problem too, but now I put a little RainX on the lens and it helps a lot.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, that happens, but it's pretty simple to just clean it off with a finger.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 3.6 , 2022 JL 2D 3.6, 1995 YJ Cummins 2.8
Love the YJ Cummins build! Fun!
What size tires are on your White JL?
They look perfect IMO.
Thanks!
The JL2D has the stock 285/70R17 (33’s) BFG KO2 that came on a Rubicon. They only look bigger because Sport fenders and no lift yet. I’ll be getting a Rubicon suspension take off so expect 1” more. And that’s it for wife’s JL

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Plastic high-line fenders! Big fail. Go metal or you will regret it the first rock or tree that you bash..

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
First off, great thread. Over the years I've done mods to vehicles that just kinda fell flat. It's nice to hear what things worked out for other people so you don't end up with a bad mod yourself.

As for the topic of the thread. Great call on the 35 x 12.5 tires. I learned that one years ago. On my last Jeep I went with 34's and was completely happy. On my current Ram I went with 35 x 11. Again a great choice, and I'm completely happy with them. You absolutely nailed it with that one.

I had a SpiderwebShade on my last Jeep and was very happy with it. It was blue, so maybe a little easier to see through than black or something, but it did a pretty good job creating shade. It wasn't complete shade like sitting under an umbrella, but it did cut down on the harsh sun, and saved me from having to wear a hat.
That said, it does kinda suck that you can't quickly/easily open it up for full open on overcast days, or at night. I'm kinda torn on the whole shade thing. I liked it, but I can see the negatives too.

I just got a 2 door a few days ago!!! Don't see to many of those around.
Wish I could get away with a 2Door. Perhaps if I lived somewhere close to something to climb and explore.

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
Regrets and mistakes. Biggest regret was the MPS; Molle Platform Solution. I went all in just because I wanted the storage. Great idea for the front overhead panel and the rear shelf. The front didnt fit correctly. The fit for this is vital because it needs to permanently mounted. The manufacturer, Alan Beacom, told me I could 'grind it down to make it fit'. The rear shelf was not level and was warped. He solution was to shim it. The rear shelf had been painted with two different black paints; satin and flat. Response 'that was the day we ran out of spray paint'. MPS has NoShame in this game. Great idea but what a mistake. Next up is one that I will be attacked for. Regret here was the Tazer. Originally got it for the High Idle, which was coded out due to a software bug. Wish they wouldn't advertise it if was disabled. Next reason was the lighting options and light show. However, after serveral update, wipes and updates I performed countless time outs and the Tazer would short the battery via the Wiper Controls again and again. Unmarried, DC'd the Tazer after returning to stock and no battery issues. No damage to battery but Tazer was a $400(w/cables) waste. Perhaps it works better for Non Live functions *available for trade.

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
I love my JLR except I didn't get a front camera. I'm buying a new rig just for the front camera. I've got a good WiFi backup camera mounted on the front, but it sucks compared to the factory camera. I read every review on the front camera before I ordered, and all they said was it was great for recording. One ride in a rig with the font camera and you can't live without it where I crawl.
How do you record with the Front Trail Cam?

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Plastic high-line fenders! Big fail. Go metal or you will regret it the first rock or tree that you bash..
Won't bashing a rock or tree with metal fenders put that force back into your body panels instead of bending, deflecting, cracking, etc. plastic ones before they damage the body they are connected to?

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The spray doesn't clean it sufficiently?

Mine peeks out past the hoop, so that's not visible at all. My winch is buried down in the bumper. My big-ass LEDs do, however, block visibility a little:
PXL_20220821_183056187.jpg
Everything including the hoop and down are mostly blocked in the stock camera view with a winch installed on the Mopar bumper and ironically are the area that I am most concerned about seeing with the aid of a front camera. Everything above the hoop I can just about see by looking over the hood.

Here in CA the trails are very dry and dusty. Right at the start of the trail the lens is covered in dust. Spraying the lens cleans it for 2 seconds and then the new dust turns to mud on the wet lens. The dust on the lens might also be why the quality of the camera is not as good as I expected and maybe why I get so much sun glare that washes out the details.

It's ok and nice to have but I am not sure if I would pay the extra $695 for this feature in the future. I'll admit that it is nice having when going over steep hills and not knowing what is on the other side but in those scenerios I have found myself looking too much at the screen and the front of the Jeep and not paying enough attention to the sides of the Jeep that might be nearing a cliff edge.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? 1661371265950

Last edited:

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Won't bashing a rock or tree with metal fenders put that force back into your body panels instead of bending, deflecting, cracking, etc. plastic ones before they damage the body they are connected to?
My reasoning not to do metal fenders.

HydroBlueFan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Maybe try RainX Windshield washer fluid. I’m a solid believer in how the droplets shed due to the chemistry of the product. Worth try.
Sponsored