Sponsored

The Lowly 2 door Sport Club!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 3.6 , 2022 JL 2D 3.6, 1995 YJ Cummins 2.8
When you can't decide between a 2 door JL and a JT because you need that cargo capability. Just kidding

Jeep #8 is the JT Sport since I already still have Jeep #6, a 95 YJ being rebuilt. After a few months my wife liked the JT so much a decision was made to trade hers in for Jeep #9, a 2 door JL Sport S with same 3.6 and ZF8 as the JT. And can that engine move this thing.

Within 24 hours of buying the JL I picked up a set of 5 BFG KO2 Rubi practically new for $900, rock rails new for$50, just as I got for the JT and a free yet to install Rubi front plastic bumper. It's my wife's mall crawler, Costco Rated, grocery getter. Staying as close to stock, looking for JL/JLU Rubi suspension for a bit of lift and maybe Rubi fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4474.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4468.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4450

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4451.JPEG

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
When you can't decide between a 2 door JL and a JT because you need that cargo capability. Just kidding

Jeep #8 is the JT Sport since I already still have Jeep #6, a 95 YJ being rebuilt. After a few months my wife liked the JT so much a decision was made to trade hers in for Jeep #9, a 2 door JL Sport S with same 3.6 and ZF8 as the JT. And can that engine move this thing.

Within 24 hours of buying the JL I picked up a set of 5 BFG KO2 Rubi practically new for $900, rock rails new for$50, just as I got for the JT and a free yet to install Rubi front plastic bumper. It's my wife's mall crawler, Costco Rated, grocery getter. Staying as close to stock, looking for JL/JLU Rubi suspension for a bit of lift and maybe Rubi fenders.

Welcome to the club, nice jeep history you've had, working your way to a bakers dozen :)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I think this is the first Jeep I see with an angry grill that I am like "huh, that doesn't look bad at all". I am so biased towards 2 doors lol. Nice Jeep, welcome to the club. Mine is fully naked at the moment too.

Sponsored

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Just for the record, I’d still have my 12 JKR 2-door if I didn’t need more room for all the unnecessary fly-fishing gear I “have” to buy or “need” 😂

Jakerb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 20220822 Jee

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! WranglerSeatcovers

Group 2B. 2020 sport with 15k miles. Current upgrades include rubicon take off suspension, 285/70/17 KO2s, RC seat covers, Quadratec mats and entry guards, Alpine sound system upgrade, and a used hardtop. Running currently with no backseat, pet net divider, and a cargo mat. Future plans are the mopar 2" lift, Maximus 3 roof rack with a roof top tent, and outfitted cargo space for overlanding. Running this rig currently with a stockpile of camping stuff with a cot tent until I show myself I'll stick with the plan before dropping the cash. Looking to small-game hunt and camp in Florida. I have a tendency to outfit a vehicle then trade it in so hoping I stick with the wrangler (my third one) although the towing limit erks me even though I don't have a small camper yet. But we all know 2-door jeeps are real jeeps so I plan to take the 2-door challenge happily. I've spent a bit of time sleeping in a humvee piled high with gear so the room and comfort options I have in this brings me a warm and fuzzy I'll be just fine.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

NotYours

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 2500
I think this is the first Jeep I see with an angry grill that I am like "huh, that doesn't look bad at all". I am so biased towards 2 doors lol. Nice Jeep, welcome to the club. Mine is fully naked at the moment too.
Thank you! I went back and fourth a lot before ordering one. This is my first Jeep and after no doors and top..... I really regret not getting one years ago!

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Mine is a solid 2B.
2 door sport s
Rubicon Recon suspension +2.5"
Venator bumper
HF 1200lb winch
ARB underhood compressor
JKS quick disconnects
Soon to have 33" Nitto's
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! DSC_1283
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 20220324_142546

More than enough for my off road adventures, but still a great daily driver...

Last edited:

Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yesterday I finally found the most basic of basic Jeeps. it's a 2021. Roll up windows, manual, no buttons on the key fob and a soft top. I did discover that it had one option. Grey paint. I never knew they actually existed. I have a 2021 version but it's the oscar mike one. Thus has lots of things on it.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I posted here several months ago, I'm still going strong as a 2B. Finally found some new Willys takeoffs to replace my stock steelies and tires:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4457.JPG

Future mods may include:

-JT grill inserts for better air flow through the engine bay.
-Sway bar link quick disconnects.
-And most importantly...a set of half doors, if I can ever find some!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yesterday I finally found the most basic of basic Jeeps. it's a 2021. Roll up windows, manual, no buttons on the key fob and a soft top. I did discover that it had one option. Grey paint. I never knew they actually existed. I have a 2021 version but it's the oscar mike one. Thus has lots of things on it.
I have 2021 Oscar Mike edition too! 😊

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm still going strong as a 2B.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_4457.JPG
You know, I should be used to the aesthetic of clear soft top windows, since that's how I configured my own Jeep. 🤔
That said, it's also such a rare look that it stands out when I see the same in forum photos. 👍

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
This thread is for the lowest hanging fruit on the Jeep Club tree :) We don't have the high dollar shoes, the name brand jeans or sit in the VIP section. We're in the back of the line, we have to wait a bit longer but damn-it, we're still getting into the club!

We get to start with the following~
Small Tires
Ugly wheels (at least the silver ones, the black steelies are cool)
Small Radio
Small axles
Tall Gears
Transfer case that's almost 4Lo (not full 4:1 4Lo like the big boys)
Lights that are dim (but they will melt snow!)

But we do get to join the coolest club on the planet THE JEEP CLUB!!!
And we're essentially joining this club with a Groupon (getting 20 to 25%off) :like: :rock::clap:

Just a basic rundown of the Sport Club Members~

Group 1~these are the purest form, the soft top, no power anything, black steelies, and if you also have the 6MT you are truly the kings of this club. Not only did you get into the club w/ a Groupon, you also used a discount code at checkout! We salute you!

Group 2~A few options, maybe bumping to a Sport S

Group 3~the Willys.

In each of the above groups you have the sub-groups~

Group A~No mods and no mods planned

Group B~minimal mods, maybe some bigger wheels and tires, mild lift

Group C~plenty of mods, but on a budget

Group D~ plenty of mods, budget be damned!

Group E~bought the Sport for the bones, going to leap over a Rubicon w/ one ton axles and everything full tilt!

So if you're in the club post up what you got, what you've done, and what you plan on doing. And if you ain't doin' shit, post that up too because you're still in THE CLUB!
I'm waiting for my 2023 Willys Sport to show up a few months from now. I will probably be in 3A for a while until I can convince my wife to let me in 3B or 3C. Here is my build:

2023 Willys Sport 2-Door
Sarge Green
2.0L Turbo
8-speed Automatic Transmission
Heritage Tan Seats
Hard Top
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group

I ordered 8/8/2022, I have my VIN, and now I'm waiting for scheduling. This is my first Wrangler and I'm super stoked to join THE JEEP CLUB! This Jeep is the inspiration for my future build!
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 20220421_155749
Sponsored