ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Ok, I signed up in the last round and I think this is a waste of money.
Jeepcares and my dealer calls me with a code status more than this spreadsheet tells me. I knew it was in JB before this told me, does it really even get updated? Just my 2 cents lol.
My observation has been that it’s updated roughly every other day. Definitely not daily. And this last update was kind of a slap in the face.

Luckily, I was in before they started charging. If I had paid, I wouldn’t be too happy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Any lawyers in here? Class action? No idea if we have grounds for any sort of actual case based on partial payment for a product based on an advertised/communicated release date?

Maybe it would lead to actual info, at least.

I know anyone leasing is literally losing money as the lease deals continue to get worse as the 2018 model year gets older and older and closer to the 2019 model year.
Litigious much? Ain't happening.good luck with that

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi all -

Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside of my control, we will no longer be able to track orders as of today. Believe me, no one is more disappointed about this than me and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our goal when we first started this service was to help as many of our users as possible so we kept it free for as long as possible. As word spread, we had to enlist help to keep up with the growing demand. Suffice it to say, it got some unwanted attention, which led to tracking becoming unavailable. I also was not able to be personally involved (as I would have liked) to possibly prevent these issues.

We are going to give a FULL REFUND for anyone that has made payment to JLWF Dealer Guy. The only two requirements:
  1. Your Jeep has not yet been delivered (meaning you are still on the last spreadsheet which I have a copy of).
  2. Send a copy of the PayPal receipt/payment confirmation to [email protected].
  • When you forward the receipt please INCLUDE YOUR JLWF USERNAME, PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS and VON (if it is not already on the receipt) so we can match it up. WITHOUT THIS INFO WE CANNOT ISSUE A REFUND.
  • I will be collecting these emails and sending payments out ONCE at the end of each day, so please bear with me.
We hope to one day be able to bring back tracking in the future, but until then, as this thread has been an invaluable resource for many so we’re going to keep it open for users to continue discussing their orders, production statuses (from the JL hotline, Jeep chat, their own dealerships) etc.

Thanks all and my sincere apologies again.

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
Hi all -

Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside of my control, we will no longer be able to track orders as of today. Believe me, no one is more disappointed about this than me and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our goal when we first started this service was to help as many of our users as possible so we kept it free for as long as possible. As word spread, we had to enlist help to keep up with the growing demand. Suffice it to say, it got some unwanted attention, which led to tracking becoming unavailable. I also was not able to be personally involved (as I would have liked) to possibly prevent these issues.

We are going to give a FULL REFUND for anyone that has made payment to JLWF Dealer Guy. The only two requirements:
  1. Your Jeep has not yet been delivered (meaning you are still on the last spreadsheet which I have a copy of).
  • When you forward the receipt please INCLUDE YOUR JLWF USERNAME and VON (if it is not already on the receipt) so we can match it up. WITHOUT THIS INFO WE CANNOT ISSUE A REFUND.
We hope to one day be able to bring back tracking in the future, but until then, as this thread has been an invaluable resource for many so we’re going to keep it open for users to continue discussing their orders, production statuses (from the JL hotline, Jeep chat, their own dealerships) etc.

Wow.......

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
No more tracking

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hi all -

• When you forward the receipt please INCLUDE YOUR JLWF USERNAME and VON (if it is not already on the receipt) so we can match it up. WITHOUT THIS INFO WE CANNOT ISSUE A REFUND.
  • I will be collecting these emails and sending payments out ONCE at the end of each day, so please bear with me.

Sorry to read this for everyone involved. You and @JLWFdealerguy have been wonderful.

MRC1312

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I'm here at your service :bow:
Thank you and @JAY for everything!! You’v kept many of us sane as the days turned to weeks then weeks to months…

It’s more than @JeepCares or any of the talking heads have provided for us along the way!
Heaven forbid any of know where our SOLD ORDERS are or when we’ll receive them.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Chris_Maine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all -

To both of you - thanks! Appreciate what you’ve done. It really was helpful to see it progress - even if stuck in some holding lot - that’s not your doing.

Dclark19

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Road King, HD Ultra Classic & Wrangler JLU
This doesn't surprise me and the information from Jeep chat has been vague as well lately, still in launch phase, great demand, new model, parts delays, shipping delays due to demand, after 30 days we can escalate, no ETA's.... ect ect. and this is all we have until our jeeps are delivered.:headbang:

Previous post mentioned class action lawsuit, I'm thinking maybe the threat of a media blitz would get their attention better as this would certainly hurt sales until they get their crap together. Hit their Twitter feed, Facebook and maybe contact the news/national media. It most likely won't help current orders but maybe future orders will benefit. I just hate to see people being taken advantage of.

Seriously shipping delays...they increased the destination fee and still can't ship within an acceptable time frame, come on @JeepCares get your crap together we are your customer that has in most cases spent over $50K.

Dclark19

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Road King, HD Ultra Classic & Wrangler JLU
Hi all -

Would love to know "circumstances outside of my control" means. My guess it was FCA didn't appreciate the information you were providing and couldn't hide behind their usual bull shit replays.

I would like to send my appreciation to both @JAY and @JLWF Dealer Guy For all you"ve done it"s made this process somewhat bearable.:rock:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Bets on issues with charging for the information, and then to making the data insecure.

Some issues with PII and what not.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
The other place provides the same service.
Yes, but at a much smaller scale and on a website with a fraction of the traffic. My guess is that it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens there.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Yes, but at a much smaller scale and on a website with a fraction of the traffic. My guess is that it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens there.
Is it truly a smaller trafficked website? That surprises me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.