"Subaru < Bronco < Jeep"

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I hate this saying " the Bronco is an on road vehicle that can drive off road " No actually it was designed for off road and torcher tested off road. Just because it also is amazing on road and on washboard trails doesn't mean it's an on road vehicle. It's like the Jeep hardcore fanboys came up with this saying just to feel better.
Quite often I read posts from people who have sold their Jeeps because they don't like how it drives. One person said he bought his as a replacement for a Japanese car and he was disappointed.

I understand what they are saying. A solid axle will not drive like IFS on the road. IFS will not drive like a solid axle off road.

That is just reality.

Sorry if I sound like a fan boy.
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Quite often I read posts from people who have sold their Jeeps because they don't like how it drives. One person said he bought his as a replacement for a Japanese car and he was disappointed.

I understand what they are saying. A solid axle will not drive like IFS on the road. IFS will not drive like a solid axle off road.

That is just reality.

Sorry if I sound like a fan boy.
But I don't think it's that cut and dry. It's not just the IFS or Solid axle that makes the vehicles off road capable It's the entire design and vehicle itself. Plenty of vehicles out their with IFS and they aren't winning no King of the Hammers like the Bronco.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Only Lite Brite sheep believe this. I'm sorry Lite Brite is so Biased towards Jeep its not even funny. I knew the second they bought that Bronco their plans were to bash it. The Jeep made them and their channel.

They claim to be non Biased and not support any specific auto manufacturers. Well guess what maybe not specifically but they are an America's Most Wanted certified mechanic and Installer. Take a guess what America's Most Wanted specializes in? Yep Jeeps and specifically Jeep engine swaps.

You don't think Lite Brite benefits from convincing Jeep is better. Well they do. Convince more people to buy Jeeps and then convince them they need more power just like they've been doing in their last couple videos showing off their new engine builds. They are financially invested.

It's easy to pick the low hanging fruit on a vehicle and blow it out of proportion. You can literally pick things about any vehicle and convince people it's trash. You can do that with Jeep easily. Death wobble? Major corrosion problem? You get the idea.

Then they try to say the Bronco was super capable when it was tested during Easter Jeep Safari on the Rubicon trail because Loren Healey was driving and he can drive anything? Your kidding right? The vehicle either is or it isn't. Lol. And they claim they're too scared to take it to the extreme like they did with there Rubicon when it was stock? What? Isn't that the point? How can you do an extreme off road review and call it better or worse if you're too afraid to push it too it's limits? So is Loren Healey a good driver and Kevin sucks?

I'm sorry but this is total Biased nonsense.
This response makes it abundantly clear that you either didn't watch the whole video, or you were too preoccupied with huffing and puffing from the first statement you didn't agree with to pay it full attention. Just a bunch of judgment and presumption, all eloquently spearheaded with a colorful label for a large group of people.

Only thing I can add that wasn't clearly stated in that video, but was in a prior one, is that only Chris is now a certified AMW installer, not Litebrite. Otherwise, everything stated was pretty much on point. They clearly pointed out the strengths and weaknesses of both vehicles, so I didn't see any biase there.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This response makes it abundantly clear that you either didn't watch the whole video, or you were too preoccupied with huffing and puffing from the first statement you didn't agree with to pay it full attention. Just a bunch of judgment and presumption, all eloquently spearheaded with a colorful label for a large group of people.

Only thing I can add that wasn't clearly stated in that video, but was in a prior one, is that only Chris is now a certified AMW installer, not Litebrite. Otherwise, everything stated was pretty much on point. They clearly pointed out the strengths and weaknesses of both vehicles, so I didn't see any biase there.
I absolutely watched the entire video. As a matter of fact they were so biased that they tried everything they could not to sound biased and hold them selves back more then a few times. Lol.

Chris works for them and is a huge part of their channel and they are now considered a America's Most Wanted installer. They even said it themselves in a video. America's Most Wanted is Balls deep in Jeeps financially.

And no matter what as I've said before you can't do a review like this if you literally admit you personally didn't put it through its paces the same as the Wrangler when stock. Sure you can complain about the lack of cup holders and whatever else. But not the off roading capabilities. Nope.

And the times they did run it on obstacles it did fine with zero issues. But they try and say "but for how long can it do that"? Probably about as long as it took you to break your Jeep when it was stock. I guess they'll never know since they're "too affraid" to find out all of a sudden. There words not mine. Lol. Doesn't even make sense. To affraid to what break something and then fix it? Uh? Isn't that what they do all the time?

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having personally taken the bronco on trails rated 7, the Bronco can keep up with the jeep just fine up to that point. Past that, you won't see any stock vehicles anyway, so may the more modded vehicle win. I watched the video hoping for an honest review, but when they admitted they haven't wheeled the Bronco as hard as they did their jeep, I gave up on that. How can you give an honest review if you don't push them both equally?
It certainly doesn't help when a slew of people are popping tie rods on rather mild points of a trail. They're all the same across all models, both with and without the sasquatch package, and even the Raptor version only got slightly larger outer rods but retained the weakness that lies in the threaded inner rod. That would give me some pause. Not to mention, they dented the forward skid plate and just barely avoided damage underneath during their very first run in the sand dunes.

Cantilevered and unsupported t-case skid plate, push button parking brake instead of an emergency brake lever, push button t-case instead of a mechanical lever, and prioritizing views of the clouds over roof line structural support (which was addressed on the Raptor model) are just a few of many examples that clearly show how serious Ford was when they chose to design a vehicle that they expected to "eat Jeeps lunch'.

I've been more or less saying the same thing that Kevin said for the last 2 years. That the bronco is the perfect gap filler in the larger void left between typical commuter vehicles and the Jeep Wrangler.

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
But I don't think it's that cut and dry. It's not just the IFS or Solid axle that makes the vehicles off road capable It's the entire design and vehicle itself. Plenty of vehicles out their with IFS and they aren't winning no King of the Hammers like the Bronco.
No one is saying that Broncos are not off road capable. Lite Brite is not saying that. They are just looking at the strengths and weaknesses of each vehicle.

The first time I saw a Lite Brite video I was shocked. I never knew that modified Jeeps could climb up rocks like that. Few people take their Jeeps to that extreme.

They are saying that they wouldn't try those things with a Bronco. To be honest, I wouldn't even try those things with a Jeep.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hate this saying " the Bronco is an on road vehicle that can drive off road " No actually it was designed for off road and torcher tested off road. Just because it also is amazing on road and on washboard trails doesn't mean it's an on road vehicle. It's like the Jeep hardcore fanboys came up with this saying just to feel better.

Not seeing any "on road vehicles" on that podium. Where's Jeep even?

Screenshot_20220822-080141_Samsung Internet.jpg
Offroad longevity requires a certain minimum of robustness. What's so robust about an electric push button parking brake vs an emergency brake lever? Or electric push button t-case vs a mechanical lever? Or fully exposed rear piggyback shock reservoirs? Or 10 times the front end parts, all of which are smaller and more fragile? Or the fully exposed front lower shock mounting studs hanging at the lowest point below the a-arm? The list goes on and on to support the fact that on road drive ability was the bronco #1 design priority, with offroad robustness as a close enough 2nd that doesn't interfere with #1. Jeep was designed with those 2 priorities set at the polar opposite.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Offroad longevity requires a certain minimum of robustness. What's so robust about an electric push button parking brake vs an emergency brake lever? Or electric push button t-case vs a mechanical lever? Or fully exposed rear piggyback shock reservoirs? Or 10 times the front end parts, all of which are smaller and more fragile? Or the fully exposed front lower shock mounting studs hanging at the lowest point below the a-arm? The list goes on and on to support the fact that on road drive ability was the bronco #1 design priority, with offroad robustness as a close enough 2nd that doesn't interfere with #1. Jeep was designed with those 2 priorities set at the polar opposite.
I guess we'll all find out over time how well the Broncos equipment fairs. Until then it's all just speculation. Just like Lite Brites review.

And for the record I love my Jeep so far. I'm only just thinking out loud and trying to be objective with both of these vehicles.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
No one is saying that Broncos are not off road capable. Lite Brite is not saying that. They are just looking at the strengths and weaknesses of each vehicle.

The first time I saw a Lite Brite video I was shocked. I never knew that modified Jeeps could climb up rocks like that. Few people take their Jeeps to that extreme.

They are saying that they wouldn't try those things with a Bronco. To be honest, I wouldn't even try those things with a Jeep.
But why wouldn't they try those things? That's my point. They have a frigging mechanic that lives with them if it breaks. 🤣 I'm sorry but they are blatantly being biased and full of bologna.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't start this thread. Also if Bronco was trying to be a wannabe wouldn't they have went with a solid front axle?
Probably wouldn't do this well in King in the Hammers either since it's various terrain and not just rock crawling. 😉

Screenshot_20220822-080141_Samsung Internet.jpg
Oh, come on now. Do you really think those have factory short arm front ends? King of Hammers is nothing shy of specialized long arm ifs and fabricated sfa setups. The only factory parts are some exterior body panels. Plus, it seems that this past years course was extended quite a bit and most of that was desert running. Definitely gives the edge to those long arm setups making up for time lost in the technical portions.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Oh, come on now. Do you really think those have factory short arm front ends? King of Hammers is nothing shy of specialized long arm ifs and fabricated sfa setups. The only factory parts are some exterior body panels. Plus, it seems that this past years course was extended quite a bit and most of that was desert running. Definitely gives the edge to those long arm setups making up for time lost in the technical portions.
That's the stock class. There's mods but nothing extreme. I watched stock Sasquatch Broncos go over some pretty extreme terrain with no mods. A lot more then even I'll ever do. What about Lite brites $150k Wrangler? That's not modified. Lol.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
or a push button start? JL has way to much dodgy electronics to make big claims lol
Sponsored