Dual Top Group for Rubicon JL - 2 Door

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 XR, 21 S Plaid, 03 Terminator
I ordered my 2 Door Rubicon on Monday and it appears there is not an option to have the Dual Top (Premium Sunrider and one of the Hard Tops). So I just went with the hard top.

I am trying to figure out if I can get a soft top after I take delivery (premium sunrider or just the stardard one).

Thanks

WRANGLER RUBICON
3.6L V6 24V WT Engine Upg I w/ESS 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANS
Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat Monotone Paint
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats - Black/Heritage Tan
MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats
Trail Rail Management System
MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
Steel Bumper Group
Safety Group
Electronic Infotainment Sys Group
LED Lighting Group
Body Color Fender Flares
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
Black 3-Piece Hard Top
Cold Weather Group
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Why would you assume that?

Unlike on unlimited *Dual top Group, you have to select both Hardtop and premium soft top individually.

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am assuming that it will still come with the Standard Soft Top, but I cant seem to get a clear answer. Does anyone here know?
You will only be getting a hardtop.

And if you can't get a clear answer to this basic question from your salesman/dealership, you need to find a new dealership because they have no idea what they are doing!

OP
OP

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you assume that?

Unlike on unlimited *Dual top Group, you have to select both Hardtop and premium soft top individually.
The ordering system will not allow them to select both Hardtop and Premium Soft Top individually. (I realize you can do it via the online build tool)

OP
OP

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will only be getting a hardtop.

And if you can't get a clear answer to this basic question from your salesman/dealership, you need to find a new dealership because they have no idea what they are doing!

This was the first 2 Door they had ordered and Jeep isnt saying why they arent allowing Dual Top orders, so they are understandably confused by the lack of transparency.

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
Interesting. I too, was wondering why no dual top option on the 2-door. I certainly hope it will be an available option in the near future. Having a dual top option on the 4-door, but not on the 2-door does not make sense, unless there is a shortage of 2-door tops at this time.

Kery00

First Name
Kery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango, Ford CMAX, Punk'n Jeep on the way
Interesting. I too, was wondering why no dual top option on the 2-door. I certainly hope it will be an available option in the near future. Having a dual top option on the 4-door, but not on the 2-door does not make sense, unless there is a shortage of 2-door tops at this time.
I think this might be a logistics problem. No way to pack the soft-top into the back of the 2-door like they do for the 4 door. But that is totally a random guess.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this might be a logistics problem. No way to pack the soft-top into the back of the 2-door like they do for the 4 door. But that is totally a random guess.
TJ's, and JK 2-door models had the dual top available from the factory and the soft top was packed inside the hard top. If for some reason the JL soft top is so large, that it would not fit inside the hard top, then they could ship it separately to the dealer. I hope there will be a dual top option for the 2-door JL.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just separately order a soft top, the benefit to them of shipping the dual top the way they do (stuffed in the back of the JLU) is that they save on shipping costs.

OP
OP

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick Follow up.
Chrysler/MOPAR got back to me yesterday:

Congratulations on your new purchase of a Jeep Rubicon JL 2 door and I bet you can't wait till it gets here. You will certainly be able to add a soft top to your vehicle as soon as they are available. Talk to your dealership about placing an order for that soft top. There were some issues that occurred regarding the Dual Top but those have been resolved.

Thanks again for contacting Mopar.

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick Follow up.

Congratulations on your new purchase of a Jeep Rubicon JL 2 door and I bet you can't wait till it gets here. You will certainly be able to add a soft top to your vehicle as soon as they are available. Talk to your dealership about placing an order for that soft top. There were some issues that occurred regarding the Dual Top but those have been resolved.

Good news!

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Rubicon, 2024 2 Door Rubicon X 3.6 MT
Quick Follow up.

Any luck getting your dealer to order the 2 door soft top? I saw Quadratec has Mopar 82215147 Twill Soft Top Kit for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL for 2-Door. It costs $2,100 and starts shipping Aug 15. A 4 door JL Dual top lists for $2,195 which is only a few bucks more that the 2 door soft top.

As you found out the dealer currently can't order dual tops for the 2 door. Did you get a price and availability from your dealer? I'm holding off ordering my JL 2 door Rubicon until I get this dual top issue resolved.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of October 23, 2018, there is still no Dual Top option for the 2-door JL Wrangler on the Jeep.com website. Are there any updates on when or if there will be a Dual Top option for the 2 door?

F1REFLY

First Name
D.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL, Patriot
As of October 23, 2018, there is still no Dual Top option for the 2-door JL Wrangler on the Jeep.com website. Are there any updates on when or if there will be a Dual Top option for the 2 door?
I noticed today that you can select both a hardtop and soft top on a JL 2 door Rubicon. Maybe?

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed today that you can select both a hardtop and soft top on a JL 2 door Rubicon. Maybe?
I just went to jeep.com and there is no dual top group option for the JL, 2-door Rubicon at this time
Sponsored