North Carolina Roll Call

ItsTTime

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, Grand Cherokee
Where are you located? We can drive on the beach Oct-Mar here in Surf City ($60) Freeman Park down in Carolina Beach is year round ($120?) When I interviewed for the job down here the rental car company gave me a Wrangler and I drove it on Carolina Beach. Top down and radio up, it was a blast.

I drive on Corolla Beach a few years ago when on vacation (Chevy Suburban). It was a good time. Being in a Jeep will be even better though especially when I have my own!
I am in Cary but looking at possible weekend trips in the summer!
Sponsored

40smtng

First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (on order)
We're in the northeast corner of NC - Hertford, NC, and we're picking up our Sting-Gray Rubicon on Tuesday! Looking forward to doing some beach driving this summer!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That's the place. Wasn't much more than a spot to get a little mud on the tires but it scratched our itch more often than not.

I don't blame you about dook. I stay away from there too. I'm sure the boys over at State have a place or two they go.
This is walking distance from my house. I am not sure that little road is there any more. It has built up a lot more over here. Can you give me a little more specifics on where it is?

And I will just get out of the way that I am a Duke grad.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is walking distance from my house. I am not sure that little road is there any more. It has built up a lot more over here. Can you give me a little more specifics on where it is?

And I will just get out of the way that I am a Duke grad.
With you being a dook grad, I should intentionally give you wrong directions. JK, of course.

I looked at the sattelite imagery from the area and you are right...it has really built up.

Here is my best guess from google maps...

IMG_9129.jpg

Sponsored

ItsTTime

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, Grand Cherokee
I'm a State guy so we have the big 3 covered. I'm a newbie to wheeling, but would be down to try one of these. I also used to live off of Page Rd & 40 where there was a trail Jeeps would hop on during the summer. Not sure if any of these are legal to go on?

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was just about to mention Page Rd. I remember hearing about people going to "the Rock" off TW Alexander - never went out there myself. I found some videos on YouTube but most of the comments say it's been closed off.

Football and basketball season should be fun with the Triangle schools well represented.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm in Winston-Salem today but when I get home I will check out that strip of Smith level and see if there is anything there. I'll let you know.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know its not as popular but all 3 schools are ranked back to back in the top 10 in baseball right now. I may try to sneak out of work and take in some of the ACC tournament.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I know its not as popular but all 3 schools are ranked back to back in the top 10 in baseball right now. I may try to sneak out of work and take in some of the ACC tournament.
State and UNC have fallen off a bit in the last couple of weeks. Can't believe UNC swept State and dook nearly swept UNC.

The ACC and NCAA tournament should be wild.

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
To those of you that frequent Uwharrie...do y'all camp there or stay at one of the surrounding campgrounds?

Last time I was there, it was primitive camping only unless you stayed in one of the other campgrounds. I'll be bringing me 3 girls, so access to a bathroom would be nice.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I was just about to mention Page Rd. I remember hearing about people going to "the Rock" off TW Alexander - never went out there myself. I found some videos on YouTube but most of the comments say it's been closed off.

Football and basketball season should be fun with the Triangle schools well represented.
Indeed

Ponce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired USMC. Currently USMC pilot instructor
Checking in from New Bern with a Granite Crystal Rubicon jl unlimited.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
New Bern as well. Just picked up a white JLUR today. Coming from a JKR, this thing is pretty refined.
Sponsored