Sponsored

What lift kit will you go with for your JL Wrangler?

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I had lifted my old 2005 TJ, and at that time skyjacker was “the” brand to use as best I knew. I never lifted my2010 Sahara, so it has been awhile, so curious, what lift kit does everyone plan to put on their JL’s?
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
at that time skyjacker was “the” brand to use as best I knew.
Times have definitely changed. Skyjacker isn't a brand synonymous with quality. Rubicon Express was another name that used to be popular with the TJ crowd, but now they're considered a low-quality budget brand, too.

I'd stick with names we know are good: Teraflex, AEV, Metalcloak, Rockcrawler, Old Man Emu, Currie, etc. They make excellent stuff for the JK and they'll do the same for the JL. I'm curious to see how competitive prices will be now that Mopar is actually going to get in on this action instead of just slapping their name on AEV and Teraflex stuff.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
I'm not up to date on lift kit brands since I did tons of research on my 2012 JKU and went with a Teraflex 2.5" lift. If Teraflex quality is still there I wouldn't hesitate to get another one of their lifts.

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
What details do we know on the Mopar lift?

2.5”, right?
Clears 37s?
Price?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
How could anyone have a plan for lifting a JL when there aren’t any kits (or JLs for that matter) available yet? We need to see what the options are, and everyone has their own objective when lifting. There will be plenty, for sure.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How could anyone have a plan for lifting a JL when there aren’t any kits (or JLs for that matter) available yet? We need to see what the options are, and everyone has their own objective when lifting. There will be plenty, for sure.
Yea, I understand that, the question was more along the lines of reputable companies as opposed to specifics.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Yea, I understand that, the question was more along the lines of reputable companies as opposed to specifics.
Gotcha. I would agree with some of the other brands already mentioned. Skyjacker was indeed one of the quality options in the ‘90s. They were surpassed by most of the newer Jeep-specific suspension manufacturers during the mid-late TJ era. I went with a 3” Teraflex kit on my ‘07 JKU when I got it in late 2006, but would have likely done something different had other options been available then. There are always interesting new options which pop up when a new generation Wrangler is introduced. It should be fun to watch. If you have the patience, wait a few months and see what is available. Otherwise you may wish you had waited.

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Skyjacker or Skycrapper as they are nicknamed are low quality. I'll probably look into Old Man Emu (OME), Rock Krawler, AEV, or Teraflex.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
SEMA 2018 should give us a really good picture of what will be available for the JL. Until then, a budget boost and a slightly larger tire might buy some time. Can always sell that stuff to help fund the more permanent solution down the road. Early production kits often have issues like parts binding, rubbing, and breaking.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
OME has some awesome springs. Maybe some 2" OME Springs with custom valved fox shocks to start off with...
Metal Cloak, Synergy, or EVO would also be some choices I would consider depending on what's available for the JL.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you guys know about Rusty's? The parts guy at the dealer I have been talking to said he uses them all the time, and loves them, but the google search I did turned up a lot of comments about how much people disliked them.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
What do you guys know about Rusty's? The parts guy at the dealer I have been talking to said he uses them all the time, and loves them, but the google search I did turned up a lot of comments about how much people disliked them.
Rusty’s is a decent value. They aren’t cutting edge but aren’t crap either (my opinion). I’ve used their springs and lower control arms on an LJ but I was a basic build.
Sponsored