Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why do you regret 35s on a JLUR? Shouldn’t that handle just fine?
35s handle fine and are ok for a non-lifted JLUR but IMO they look too small on a lifted JLRU. Went to 37s and didn’t notice any reduced power or reduction in mpg compared to the 35s but the look and off-road performance was much better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Never understood what people have against the stock antenna. I love the way it looks on a Jeep. Jeeps should have long antennae.
Wait until you back up in the woods, snag your stock antenna on a branch, have it flip forward and put a crack in your windshield, and find out that a replacement windshield with adaptive cruise is $1,200 to replace.

WillIeB

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Colorado
35s handle fine and are ok for a non-lifted JLUR but IMO they look too small on a lifted JLRU. Went to 37s and didn’t notice any reduced power or reduction in mpg compared to the 35s but the look was much better.
How much lift do you have?

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Wait until you back up in the woods, snag your stock antenna on a branch, have it flip forward and put a crack in your windshield, and find out that a replacement windshield with adaptive cruise is $1,200 to replace.
I put a rubber tip on mine to prevent that.

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Rough country mlc-6, it works well, however was a pain in the ass to install. Cheap hardware that didn't fit, a couple broken bolts. Being somewhat handy and having a good selection of my own hardware, was easy to get it running. There are many options on the market and while it still works, I've seen better setups that I'd rather have.

With that said, I've put an auxbeam 6 button controller on my old truck that my teenage son helped install. The rough country mlc-6 is better than the auxbeam.

WillIeB

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Colorado
I’ve had one with the Mopar 2” (which lifted closer to 3”) and now have one with the TeraFlex ST2 (2 1/2”).

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? 1661125251588

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? 1661125251588
Thank you. I plan on a 2 door JL in the near future, preplanning my build.

Sponsored

usmamg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Corvette, 2022 Rubicon ER
Simple solution, take it off before going into the woods.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Never understood what people have against the stock antenna. I love the way it looks on a Jeep. Jeeps should have long antennae.
Stock antenna can warn you you are about to damage your Sun Rider or Sky One-Touch in low ceiling situations.

I live in a city and go into many underground garages, and I usually always have the top open.