First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Does anyone select the smokers group option anymore, really? And, if you saw a modern Jeep with it installed, would it be turn-off to buying it? 🤔
I understand that it's popular in California, Colorado, and just about everywhere else weed is legal.

...The "group" is simply a cigarette lighter, and an ashtray designed to fit in a cupholder...
You'd think the smoker's group would also include seed-pop resistant seat covers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
har har.

Just sayin’ it’s especially bad in those places, where I happen to deal with it all day every day.
Maybe some welding goggles???

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I've found my home. Hello my future brothers and sisters!
I'm in group 3A. July 21st I ordered a 2 door Willy's Sport, MT, soft top. As bare bones as it came. No power anything. 2023 the sports do come with AC from the factory instead of an option, otherwise it's the one thing I would have splurged on.
Cheers! Can't wait till it's here.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've found my home. Hello my future brothers and sisters!
I'm in group 3A. July 21st I ordered a 2 door Willy's Sport, MT, soft top. As bare bones as it came. No power anything. 2023 the sports do come with AC from the factory instead of an option, otherwise it's the one thing I would have splurged on.
Cheers! Can't wait till it's here.
Welcome John, hope the wait won't be too long for you, sounds like the perfect entry to the club :)

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Better be white, or you're not bare-bones. Congrats on saving ~$800 compared to us '22, 1- and 2-option (A/C & Hardtops) orders. One of the few model order that got cheaper in August. Will be very fun Jeep. Congrats.

See you around CO!
@veryfewposts you do have very few posts :) Need to at least make one more and post a shot of your JL so we can give you an official welcome to "The Lowlies" :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Welcome John, hope the wait won't be too long for you, sounds like the perfect entry to the club :)
It's gonna be my first one ever! I'm 34 now and I'm pretty sure I've wanted one for the last 25. It was just never really in the cards for me. Can't wait!

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Better be white, or you're not bare-bones. Congrats on saving ~$800 compared to us '22, 1- and 2-option (A/C & Hardtops) orders. One of the few model order that got cheaper in August. Will be very fun Jeep. Congrats.

See you around CO!
Oof. Ya know, I did choose a color option. I don't think I ever even realized white was free. The Hydro Blue Pearl just looked so pretty so I went for it.
I'll definitely be hitting some CO trails after it comes in!

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First post here, I'm group 1B with the 6MT!

New to me a month ago, next up is a winch and a headlight swap!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! itsox7dyxbh91
Looking proper! Welcome to the club :like:

Kez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Tide (Punk’n)
First post in this section; coming off a base sport Gecko 4 door and Gecko Willys Sport JT.

I’m group 1B. Base sport with the following options: automatic (w/2.0 turbo), trailer/tow group, limited slip. A/C. Hydro blue with tan seats.

Picking up a factory Rubicon suspension for a lift, and factory rock rails on way.

Things I’ve hoarded beforehand: 392 takeoff wheels and tires, and steel bumper from a 392.

Thing I’m hunting: tan soft top. Let me know if you want to sell one!

I think the 392 wheels and bumper (gold tow hooks) will go nicely with tan seats and tan top. :)

First impression switching from a 4 to a 2 door - man this things turns tight; JLU already had a great turning radius and this took it to new levels. It’s a little twitchier with the short wheelbase, but nothing bad. The single biggest thing I noticed was steering effort, has a heavier feel. Makes sense the that 2 door gearbox is set up differently, cranking the wheel too quickly could raise the rollover risk I suppose with the short wheelbase.

I’ll post pics when I get the upgrades on!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 6A164AD1-B206-412C-A3A5-3CF9808D8C25

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 0351A6C8-0719-4EFD-A761-6A5AC9F9E22A

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First post in this section; coming off a base sport Gecko 4 door and Gecko Willys Sport JT.

I’m group 1B. Base sport with the following options: automatic (w/2.0 turbo), trailer/tow group, limited slip. A/C. Hydro blue with tan seats.

Picking up a factory Rubicon suspension for a lift, and factory rock rails on way.

Things I’ve hoarded beforehand: 392 takeoff wheels and tires, and steel bumper from a 392.

Thing I’m hunting: tan soft top. Let me know if you want to sell one!

I think the 392 wheels and bumper (gold tow hooks) will go nicely with tan seats and tan top. :)

First impression switching from a 4 to a 2 door - man this things turns tight; JLU already had a great turning radius and this took it to new levels. It’s a little twitchier with the short wheelbase, but nothing bad. The single biggest thing I noticed was steering effort, has a heavier feel. Makes sense the that 2 door gearbox is set up differently, cranking the wheel too quickly could raise the rollover risk I suppose with the short wheelbase.

I’ll post pics when I get the upgrades on!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 0351A6C8-0719-4EFD-A761-6A5AC9F9E22A

Look forward to seeing those 392 parts, should be a nice upgrade! Welcome to the club!!