Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Agreed, a JL-LJ. It's all about that 110" wheel base!
Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
The introduction of the long rumored Hurricane 3.0T in-line six with 400 HP...?

An “XRR” package with 37s from the factory...?

Perhaps the addition of the color you always wanted...?

Auto Up windows...?

Me? It’d be if Jeep brought back the LJ, with a 15-inch longer version of the 2-door, with more rear legroom and cargo space. I’d place an order immediately!
1660917011904.jpeg
I agree with this 100%. The original Unlimited was the best Jeep ever.

Erock482

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport, Regeared and Locked to 4.10
Most of mine are just expanding the current engine line up in the Unlimited to the 2 Door

2 Door with a Diesel
2 Door 4Xe

However, if they would offer the 2.0 with the manual, that would be a sweet deal.

Alternatively, if they started production on a gladiator that is the J6 concept from a few years ago I'd be ALL over that.

Full electric in a 2 Door with 350ish mile range would also be amazing.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Already on my second JL but I'm keeping this one unless they release a 6-7 seater option like their concept. We are a family of 6 which makes the JL hard to use in a number of instances, especially offroad trips.

Jihx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Probably nothing at this point, got the XR package in my favorite color and that's all I can ask for.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have a few paths that I would trade for.

A. 8-10" longer 2 door with a manual transmission and clutch that won't destroy itself.

B. A Diesel hybrid with a proper sized battery. And the ability to use the battery as a high amp 110 generator if needed.

C. The Mohave Wrangler, but with suitable suspension and clearance for factory 35s

Honorable mention
D. A Rubicon with tons and 37s.
I wouldn't trade for this from what I have now, but I would have bought this instead of mine if available in the first place.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Anything better than my 4xe Rubicon is probably going to cost so much more I wouldn’t pay it. So I’ll likely just buy out my lease when the time comes unless the market craters and I can get a better deal on something else which is unlikely.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
23 JLU for my 22 JT because of Earl 😁

It’s also better suited for my fly fishing needs

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Me? It’d be if Jeep brought back the LJ, with a 15-inch longer version of the 2-door, with more rear legroom and cargo space. I’d place an order immediately!
Why would Jeep do that? The LJ existed (stop gap) because, at the time, Jeep did not have a 4 door Wrangler and they had hit the sales limit without more rear-seat/cargo space.

Since the JK Jeep fixed it the right way by offering a 4-door for those who actually needed more passenger/cargo room. Given the already abysmal take rate of the 2-door, not sure Jeep will do 2 wheelbases.

Now, it is possible that Jeep increases the length of the 2-door wrangler a bit to be more competitive with the 2-door Bronco (which has a semi-decent rear seat/cargo space). But it will not be a massive increase.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The introduction of the long rumored Hurricane 3.0T in-line six with 400 HP...?

An “XRR” package with 37s from the factory...?

Perhaps the addition of the color you always wanted...?

Auto Up windows...?

1660917011904.jpeg
Honestly not much. Maybe it they came up with a slightly longer JL, but not much. A bit shorter than what you posted perhaps.

I am keeping this guy hopefully until the next gen. Then I'll wait a couple years or so and get the new generation.

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
If I had reason to believe that Jeep had fixed the electronics and it was no longer buggy or unreliable, I'd be all over that.

But as it is now, I'd just be buying a whole new bag o' problems & headaches, so I think I'll pass.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why would Jeep do that? The LJ existed (stop gap) because, at the time, Jeep did not have a 4 door Wrangler and they had hit the sales limit without more rear-seat/cargo space.

Since the JK Jeep fixed it the right way by offering a 4-door for those who actually needed more passenger/cargo room. Given the already abysmal take rate of the 2-door, not sure Jeep will do 2 wheelbases.

Now, it is possible that Jeep increases the length of the 2-door wrangler a bit to be more competitive with the 2-door Bronco (which has a semi-decent rear seat/cargo space). But it will not be a massive increase.
I prefer the 2-door Wrangler, but it is too compromised in rear and cargo room as it sits right now. I don't need four doors either. An extended 2-door would be ideal for me.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I prefer the 2-door Wrangler, but it is too compromised in rear and cargo room as it sits right now. I don't need four doors either. An extended 2-door would be ideal for me.
If I can daily drive. And camp with a family of 3 people in 2 door. What is keeping you from owning a 2 door?. Cargo is fine if you drop the seat. The occasional home depot trip or picking up wood or whatever I just hook up a small utility trailer. It really isn't that bad you get used to it. Buy a 2 door youll love it lol. You know you want one.

I am packing today for a camping trip. On the small cargo area with the seat up I have 3 camping chairs, compressor, some tools, 2.5gals of water, 2 bundles of wood. And I still have space for more.

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? IMG_20220819_130036198

Last edited:

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If I can live. And camp with a family of 3 people in 2 door. What is keeping you from owning a 2 door?. Cargo is fine if you drop the seat. The occasional home depot trip or picking up wood or whatever I just hook up a small utility trailer. It really isn't that bad you get used to it. Buy a 2 door youll love it lol. You know you want one.

I am packing today for a camping trip. On the small cargo area with the seat up I have 3 camping chairs, compressor, some tools, 2.5gals of water, 2 bundles of wood. And I still have space for more.
Yeah. I have owned 2-door Wranglers before
Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1660939446456

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1660939477703

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1660939654762

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1660939908027

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1660939711765
Sponsored