Sponsored

Is There a Cargo Cover Option?

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My wife was bummed to learn there is no cargo "hider" like our Grand Cherokee had, you know, for shopping and stuff.

Is there an option for the JLU? I'm thinking one of the high cargo trays that are off the ground might accomplish the same/similar.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ace Engineering has a great cargo tray that mounts fairly high, and Tuffy Security just released their security deck enclosure. GPCA also has one coming out soon. Check each of their sites to see if anything fits what you're looking for. Links are included for each vendor.

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ace Engineering has a great cargo tray that mounts fairly high, and Tuffy Security just released their security deck enclosure. GPCA also has one coming out soon. Check each of their sites to see if anything fits what you're looking for. Links are included for each vendor.
Thanks for those suggestions.

Sponsored

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I had a Jeep Backbone on my JKU and will get another for my JLU. Secure and very clean look....but pricey.

Www.jeepbackbone.com
Wow, that's a really cool system! Hopefully they start making a JLU version soon. I love the seats and rod/gun mount.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver

RichieRugs

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I had a Jeep Backbone on my JKU and will get another for my JLU. Secure and very clean look....but pricey.

Www.jeepbackbone.com
Can you tell me more about your thoughts on the backbone? Is there an easy way to remove the divider between the back seat and trunk in case you want to move large things etc? How long to install or uninstall the whole thing?

Kdm6174

First Name
Kym
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Can you tell me more about your thoughts on the backbone? Is there an easy way to remove the divider between the back seat and trunk in case you want to move large things etc? How long to install or uninstall the whole thing?
It’s not a super quick exchange. Takes me 30 minutes by myself but would be faster if I had help. If you only need to install/uninstall once in a blue moon, it would be tolerable. If you need to do it weekly or more...it would get to be a pain.

I like the product. Super secure and looks very nice. I like the finished look it provides. I throw anything of value in the cargo area when I’m topless/doorless and have no worries about it’s security.

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Backbone arrived this afternoon. Install was pretty straight-forward, and the build quality is solid, with no rattles. There's a sale coming for the 4th, if anyone's interested.

Backbone1.jpg

Backbone2.jpg

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Tuffy Security Cover will not fit with the Alpine Subwoofer.They said maybe by the end of the year. Yuk.

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Backbone arrived this afternoon. Install was pretty straight-forward, and the build quality is solid, with no rattles. There's a sale coming for the 4th, if anyone's interested.

Backbone1.jpg

Backbone2.jpg
Too permanent and $699 is way too high for a cargo cover that cannot be removed without a lot of effort.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Too permanent and $699 is way too high for a cargo cover that cannot be removed without a lot of effort.
Not too hard to remove, didn't pay that much and it's f'n amazing. But thanks for your thoughts.

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep

Backbone1.jpg

Backbone2.jpg
Thanks for posting, this is the one I plan to go with and add the cargo rack. Looks great
Sponsored