Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Those are forms letters. I was getting them from Honda when I had my Ridgeline. "We can get you into a new Ridgeline and lower your payment".........I paid cash.
Oh, I know what they are. I just figured why not play along? Of course we all know that the end result is BS and they'd never follow through.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The introduction of the long rumored Hurricane 3.0T in-line six with 400 HP...?

An “XRR” package with 37s from the factory...?

Perhaps the addition of the color you always wanted...?

Auto Up windows...?

Me? It’d be if Jeep brought back the LJ, with a 15-inch longer version of the 2-door, with more rear legroom and cargo space. I’d place an order immediately!
The LJ was only 103.4" wheelbase; 171" overall. Cargo volume was 28; 63 cu ft.
The JL is 96.8" wheelbase; 166.8" overall. Cargo volume is 31; 72 cu ft. The JL is pretty much an LJ.

For me, it was the 4.88 gearing. I sold my 2021 almost immediately after you could order a 2022 with 4.88.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I want the diesel bad but there's no way I'm going through building another jeep after everything I've done. Plus I have the unlimited mile extended warranty on my 2018 and I can't transfer it or anything, so I've just planned to keep my jeep seemingly forever.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

hmmm.....I am waiting to see the 20th anniversary Rubicon, and am toying with the idea of a '23 XR...However a ('24?) Rubicon XR with the inline 6 and a few interior tweaks (uconnect 5?) would really capture my interest

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Only if my clutch explodes and burns it to the ground, or it gets totalled in a wreck.

My dealer has been trying to get me to trade in my 2020 Sport Altitude. Every couple of months, since purchase, I get an email or a call saying they want my Jeep and will get me into a new one for the same or lower payment. My response "get me into a new Rubicon for the same monthly payment and it's a deal." They have yet to be able to follow through.
Whenever I tell them my monthly payment is zero and ask them about the lower payment option, I get no response. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

• Return of Rhino color (steely blue)
  • Ability to get a Rubicon with color-matched stitching/dash panels (instead of forced red)
  • Uconnect 5
  • Armorlite factory installed
  • Hybrid with the ability to act as a generator (like F150)

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
My dealer has been trying to get me to trade in my 2020 Sport Altitude. Every couple of months, since purchase, I get an email or a call saying they want my Jeep and will get me into a new one for the same or lower payment. My response "get me into a new Rubicon for the same monthly payment and it's a deal." They have yet to be able to follow through.
Watch the monthly payment talk. A dealer can manipulate how much you pay for a vehicle if they manipulate the length of the loan. They can charge you thousands more by financing your vehicle for a longer time, while charging you more for the vehicle. I never talk payment. ALWAYS get the price you are going to pay 1st, then work on the monthly payment.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Watch the monthly payment talk. A dealer can manipulate how much you pay for a vehicle if they manipulate the length of the loan. They can charge you thousands more by financing your vehicle for a longer time, while charging you more for the vehicle. I never talk payment. ALWAYS get the price you are going to pay 1st, then work on the monthly payment.
I know this. The point of my posts is that it's all BS. The dealer isn't going to get me into a higher priced vehicle for the same monthly payment without playing games on their end. That's why I made it clear to say that they have yet to respond.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I just did it. I took delivery of my Red 2022 Sahara 3.6L 6-spd on April 27th. But did not order a hard top with the Jeep. I tried to change my order but a VIN had already been generated. Then I found out the total cost of trying to add a hard top on a factory soft top Jeep going to be $4000 - $5000. They came out with Reign, so I ordered a 2023 Rubicon on August 9th, with body colored flair and colored Hardtop. Got 6% so I know I will break even. I haven't really checked into trading or sell my 2022 yet, but I will be looking at it shortly. Maybe the fact that you cannot get a 2023 Sahara with a manual transmission will help increase the value.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Honestly not much. I would add a new one to the stable at some point.

The wife and I joke that we need a JL/JT in each shade of gray. So that’s like what 20 Jeeps?

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

What made me trade my 2020 2 Door Sport in? Well, it was a base model. I mean BASE. nothing was power. AC was the only option. I had been in an accident in it, and it had 21kish miles. The dealer i sold it to still gave me $1,500 over what I paid for it brand new. THAT is why i sold my 2020 and purchased a 2022 damn near fully loaded from Gupton for only a couple thousand more ;)