Sponsored

Its been fun....take care real Jeepers

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well, Im out. Couldnt resist the offer I got for my JLR. Just too good to pass up.
Came home and removed all my aftermarket stuff. Swapped back on factory bumpers, rockers, exhaust, etc. And now shes history.
Couple thoughts on the JL. Its a extremely capable vehicle, no doubt about it. But the way Jeep has been going about their business lately really irks me.
The little stuff like the visor arm that always breaks or the rear defrost wire coming off, I can live with. Its annoying, but really no big deal.
The clutch issue is unacceptable. That issue needs to be resolved and Jeep seems to be just poo-poo-ing around it for like 3 years now.
Also, that ESS setup has bugged me from day one. Completely asinine.

Just wanted to say its been fun and this sub is by far the best part of this forum. Take care!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Bummer, but you gotta do what you gotta do :(
What are you planning to replace it with?

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
The best of luck to you…

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I needed to get something with a little more towing capacity as the better half has decided we need a boat. Didnt want to go full size truck, so ended up with a Tacoma sport. Got a surprisingly good deal and it was very close to an even swap when all was said and done.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I needed to get something with a little more towing capacity as the better half has decided we need a boat. Didnt want to go full size truck, so ended up with a Tacoma sport. Got a surprisingly good deal and it was very close to an even swap when all was said and done.
Not sure what you’re thinking.....but my Willys is the ultimate tow vehicle!!!! 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Its been fun....take care real Jeepers 7B29861E-F577-4E63-B906-EDD9443FC21E
Jeep Wrangler JL Its been fun....take care real Jeepers 5A2E92AA-DF15-4D5A-9111-6E16AF415B42

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
You got the better end of that deal.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Good luck.
I had a boat. Ton of work. Ounce of fun.

Sponsored

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Have to say bye to my 22 JT also…but waiting on my ordered 23 JLU Earl…so I’m not really going anywhere except a different forum 😉