Sponsored

A Near Miss (Or Hit, But Not Serious)

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Was out for dinner tonight and one of the waiters came up and asked which vehicle we were in. When I said a green Jeep, he said there is a lady that needs to talk to you because she backed into your Jeep.

I am thinking really? Bright green lifted Jeep and you can't see it? Fortunately, she had a bike rack and it lined up with the spare. She was not going very fast so just a tap and everything works as it should.

Just makes you wonder...
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Was out for dinner tonight and one of the waiters came up and asked which vehicle we were in. When I said a green Jeep, he said there is a lady that needs to talk to you because she backed into your Jeep.

I am thinking really? Bright green lifted Jeep and you can't see it? Fortunately, she had a bike rack and it lined up with the spare. She was not going very fast so just a tap and everything works as it should.

Just makes you wonder...
Nice she came clean. Sure it was a huge relief to her when you let her off.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice she came clean. Sure it was a huge relief to her when you let her off.
Yeah, I thanked her for letting me know. I had visions of broken taillights or a crushed rear quarter panel. She was parked directly behind me with a pretty new car so I am at a loss as to how she did it.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yeah, I thanked her for letting me know. I had visions of broken taillights or a crushed rear quarter panel. She was parked directly behind me with a pretty new car so I am at a loss as to how she did it.
Unfortunately, no excuse for an upgrade.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - nothing to upgrade back there. The CavFab and 37" tire took the tap. The taillights are in Rugged Ridge guards and I installed MC/ARS OEM bumper brackets to stiffen the bumper.

I am glad there was no damage...

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Guy ran into my Renegade while I was at work. He left a note on my windshield and his insurance paid for the repairs. There are a few stand-up people left in the world. Glad you found one as well.

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Glad she owned up to it, and a nice bonus that there was no damage. Like others have said, she's a stand up individual.

I haven't had that kind of luck, I've been hit in a parking lot twice, and rear-ended at a stop light, and on all three occasions, the driver took off.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I was

Just makes you wonder...
a firefighter in a previous life-if they can’t see a 35’ long 12’ high bright red truck covered with flashing lights, our poor lil Jeeps don’t have a chance. 😳. Glad you didn’t have any damage.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Guy ran into my Renegade while I was at work. He left a note on my windshield and his insurance paid for the repairs. There are a few stand-up people left in the world. Glad you found one as well.
Some years ago:

While sitting in my car in the parking garage at work, I witnessed a driver sideswipe a parked vehicle as she attempted to pull into the adjacent space. She stopped, got out, looked at the contact point on the parked vehicle, and then pulled away to park elsewhere in the garage.

Watching all of that occur in slow motion gave me ample time to record the offending driver's license plate and the make/model/color of her car, time of day, etc. I wrote that information, and my own contact data, on a note which I left on the damaged vehicle's windscreen.

The owner of said vehicle called me later that day, at which time I relayed to her what I typed above. She thanked me and said she'd do what she could with the data I gave her to contact the person.

I was later called back by the owner, who advised me that the offending driver was only too happy to concede to the [de facto] hit and run, and her liability in the matter, when presented with an accurate witness report.

-------------

There was another time when our Director gave a retelling of confronting an attempted hit-and-run driver who gave her brand new Buick a proper thump in a grocery store parking lot. I can't type a verbatim retelling of that episode here because of the gloriously un-PC language that the Director used to describe the offender. That should be enough for the rest of you to fill in the blanks. ;)

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Sounds like you really lucked out.

A few years ago a buddy and I went out for lunch. After we got shown to the table he immediately went to the bathroom. He still wasn't back when the waitress came by to get the drink orders. I told her where he was at asked that when she came back to ask if either of us drove a white landcruiser because somebody backed into it out in the parking lot.

She came back a few minutes later, expertly relayed the message, and my buddy was all sorts of upset. He jumped up all worried looking and was about to run out to the parking lot to wring the neck of the offending driver. She and I both started laughing and I told him what we'd done. The waitress got a great tip out of it too. He still calls me names over it occasionally.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I think I have heard of somebody backing into a vehicle and then the vehicle needs new shocks, and axle due to the collision and a lift to make everything line back up again. It is a rare thing but it is possible.... At least that's my story, and I am sticking to it...

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have heard of somebody backing into a vehicle and then the vehicle needs new shocks, and axle due to the collision and a lift to make everything line back up again. It is a rare thing but it is possible.... At least that's my story, and I am sticking to it...
The shocks...yes, I do think they rode rougher after the incident. I guess I'll have to install some Fox DSC's to correct that.

Sadly, the rear axle is in great shape with full truss, 5.13 gears, CrMo axle shafts, and LCA skid plates...

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Some years ago:

While sitting in my car in the parking garage at work, I witnessed a driver sideswipe a parked vehicle as she attempted to pull into the adjacent space. She stopped, got out, looked at the contact point on the parked vehicle, and then pulled away to park elsewhere in the garage.

Watching all of that occur in slow motion gave me ample time to record the offending driver's license plate and the make/model/color of her car, time of day, etc. I wrote that information, and my own contact data, on a note which I left on the damaged vehicle's windscreen.

The owner of said vehicle called me later that day, at which time I relayed to her what I typed above. She thanked me and said she'd do what she could with the data I gave her to contact the person.

I was later called back by the owner, who advised me that the offending driver was only too happy to concede to the [de facto] hit and run, and her liability in the matter, when presented with an accurate witness report.

-------------

There was another time when our Director gave a retelling of confronting an attempted hit-and-run driver who gave her brand new Buick a proper thump in a grocery store parking lot. I can't type a verbatim retelling of that episode here because of the gloriously un-PC language that the Director used to describe the offender. That should be enough for the rest of you to fill in the blanks. ;)
This warms the cockles of my heart. I would have been skipping to place that note on the victims car in an explosion of instant karmagasm.

A few years ago a buddy and I went out for lunch. After we got shown to the table he immediately went to the bathroom. He still wasn't back when the waitress came by to get the drink orders. I told her where he was at asked that when she came back to ask if either of us drove a white landcruiser because somebody backed into it out in the parking lot.

She came back a few minutes later, expertly relayed the message, and my buddy was all sorts of upset. He jumped up all worried looking and was about to run out to the parking lot to wring the neck of the offending driver. She and I both started laughing and I told him what we'd done. The waitress got a great tip out of it too. He still calls me names over it occasionally.
Ok. I may have had a couple puffs but I read this 3 times and I have some questions. I feel like there are components missing?

What did you do?
What was going on for so long in the bathroom?
How was the waitress involved?
Did someone actually hit his vehicle?
Jeep Wrangler JL A Near Miss (Or Hit, But Not Serious) r6gtgsfe83i81

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I get it. Having someone run into the back of my JL was a bad day.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Near Miss (Or Hit, But Not Serious) 1660768171380

What looks like the face of the rear bumper is actually the top of the bumper rolled 90 degrees. Good news, the 3rd brake light survived.
Jeep Wrangler JL A Near Miss (Or Hit, But Not Serious) 1660768335748

And the LCA skid survived. The shock and LCA itself might need a little work

Jeep Wrangler JL A Near Miss (Or Hit, But Not Serious) 1660768551258

Last edited:

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport

In my circle of car buddies this would result in at least a nut shot before the night was young.
Sponsored