Sponsored

“You'll Almost Have to Buy an Electric Vehicle if Climate Bill Passes”

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
Yeah fun when you try to go off roading in a train.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Didn’t read the whole thread but the grid cannot handle enough electric vehicles to phase out ice. Let alone all the e waste. Its not a solution yet until better battery technology comes around. Same with renewable energy. Until someone has a good way to store the energy we need all forms for energy security. Oil has another 75-100 years before something else comes around.
My first summer after moving to a small foothill community the power would go down about noon when the AC’s got turned on. They didn’t even try to turn it on before about 10pm. I got a whole house generator and a 500 gallon propane tank to not be miserable. Electric car :LOL:

JJM

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT
So I love my 2019 3.6 JL. Would I trade it for an EV? HELL NO!
Everything with a battery, yeah, it's great at first, so say I'll get 300 miles range, after a few years, maybe 250, down the road everywhere you go you end up with a low battery problem.
When you travel, there is security in a personal vehicle. (ride the NYC subway lately?, won't find the rich, powerful or famous there, THEY use personal vehicles, FOR SECURITY). When traveling in your personal vehicle, you are vulnerable when you are stopped. Stop, gas, & go. Great for security, great for making good time. How would I feel about - stop, wait for a free charger, plug in . . . for HOW LONG? Do I wanna turn an 8 hour trip into a 10 hour trip? If I was looking to target travelers for crime, charging stations are probably a good hunting spot, do you know every neighborhood where you could be ending up with a low battery? . . . can't just gas & get the hell outta there.
How about future LOCKDOWN MANDATES? TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS? Who is gonna control the chargers? Whoever controls the chargers CONTROLS YOU!
How long do the batteries last . . . and what do they cost to replace?
I want no part of it . . . and in case no one knows, (I was told by people recently, THE SEAS ARE RISING! - I said, where? - EVERYWHERE! - have you been to the local beach lately? it's the same as it was in the 1960's!) THE SEAS ARE NOT RISING!
Technology will evolve . . . the world will change . . . and it will be good.
There is no room for forced discussions and actions for political reasons that end in tight government control and regulation over every aspect of our lives.
The discussion we need is about LESS GOVERNMENT CONTROL AND MORE FREEDOM.
Any and all government actions that align with the global WEF agenda is not to OUR benefit.
And right now there is a party in charge that aligns TOTALLY with the global WEF agenda.
American freedoms depend on changing that!

JJM

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT
Unfamiliar with ESG ratings, no doubt others. List additions welcome.😊
ESG ratings are like the Chinese Communist social credit score ratings, but for corporations, here in the USA, and around the world. It stands for ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL, GOVERNANCE.
Corporations must be in COMPLIANCE, it is enforced through banking and available capital through funding, credit, and investments.
It is why every automaker is pushing EV's, every commercial has inter-racial or LGBTQ couples, every corporation has a "diversity and inclusion" program . . . it is endless. DuckDuckGo it.
It is how the "global agenda" is enforced.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Everything with a battery, yeah, it's great at first, so say I'll get 300 miles range, after a few years, maybe 250, down the road everywhere you go you end up with a low battery problem.
When you travel, there is security in a personal vehicle. (ride the NYC subway lately?, won't find the rich, powerful or famous there, THEY use personal vehicles, FOR SECURITY). When traveling in your personal vehicle, you are vulnerable when you are stopped. Stop, gas, & go. Great for security, great for making good time. How would I feel about - stop, wait for a free charger, plug in . . . for HOW LONG? Do I wanna turn an 8 hour trip into a 10 hour trip? If I was looking to target travelers for crime, charging stations are probably a good hunting spot, do you know every neighborhood where you could be ending up with a low battery? . . . can't just gas & get the hell outta there.
How about future LOCKDOWN MANDATES? TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS? Who is gonna control the chargers? Whoever controls the chargers CONTROLS YOU!
I want no part of it . . . and in case no one knows, (I was told by people recently, THE SEAS ARE RISING! - I said, where? - EVERYWHERE! - have you been to the local beach lately? it's the same as it was in the 1960's!) THE SEAS ARE NOT RISING!
There is no room for forced discussions and actions for political reasons that end in tight government control and regulation over every aspect of our lives.
Any and all government actions that align with the global WEF agenda is not to OUR benefit.
And right now there is a party in charge that aligns TOTALLY with the global WEF agenda.
So you don’t want to rely on big corporations controlling the chargers, but are fine relying on big corporations controlling the gas pumps???

You can charge an EV with a generator, a solar panel, a wind mill, and hydro electric generator, a pack of sled dogs on a giant hamster wheel, etc etc.

gasoline can only be produce by a giant chemical process controlled by huge corporations.

and your logic is the EV owners are the mercy of powerful people? I think you have that backwards.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ESG ratings are like the Chinese Communist social credit score ratings, but for corporations, here in the USA, and around the world. It stands for ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL, GOVERNANCE.
Corporations must be in COMPLIANCE, it is enforced through banking and available capital through funding, credit, and investments.
It is why every automaker is pushing EV's, every commercial has inter-racial or LGBTQ couples, every corporation has a "diversity and inclusion" program . . . it is endless. DuckDuckGo it.
It is how the "global agenda" is enforced.
Sorry I asked! I don’t need to get more disgusted than I already am! 😠

oceanbretzke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ocean Engineer / US Navy Diver
The full electric Pipe dream is 30-40 years away easily. From the power grid to supply and demand, a cheap version the lower middle class can afford.

Reactions: JJM

JJM

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT
So you don’t want to rely on big corporations controlling the chargers, but are fine relying on big corporations controlling the gas pumps???

You can charge an EV with a generator, a solar panel, a wind mill, and hydro electric generator, a pack of sled dogs on a giant hamster wheel, etc etc.

gasoline can only be produce by a giant chemical process controlled by huge corporations.

and your logic is the EV owners are the mercy of powerful people? I think you have that backwards.
Chargers on government highways will be controlled by the government, the government that likes mandates and enforcement. Gas companies sell gas for profit, no mandates and/or control.

Good luck with your alternate methods of charging on a long trip . . . is that gonna be an electric powered generator?

Don't get me wrong, have at it. Love your EV!
My problem is a forced change WAY BEFORE IT'S TIME . . . FOR POLITICAL REASONS.
BEING FORCED THROUGH UNAFFORDABLE GAS PRICES - THAT ALSO AFFECTS HOME HEATING COSTS.
Energy independence was intentionally turned off to cause this burden on our economy.
It CAN be restored to ease the burden on American Citizens . . . EVERYTHING costs more due to high transport costs.
If only there were a person to be elected to restore energy independence . . . if only.
America could be a GREAT place to live again. ; )
I want no part of EVs.
In 10 . . . 20 . . . 30 years it may be a no-brainer - not now.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having
Chargers on government highways will be controlled by the government, the government that likes mandates and enforcement. Gas companies sell gas for profit, no mandates and/or control.

Good luck with your alternate methods of charging on a long trip . . . is that gonna be an electric powered generator?

BEING FORCED THROUGH UNAFFORDABLE GAS PRICES - THAT ALSO AFFECTS HOME HEATING COSTS.
Energy independence was intentionally turned off to cause this burden on our economy.
It CAN be restored to ease the burden on American Citizens . . . EVERYTHING costs more due to high transport costs.
If only there were a person to be elected to restore energy independence . . . if only.
I want no part of EVs.
Having recently contracted for a large off grid sustainable home solar system I had a fleeting thought that I should have gotten a 4XE. It quickly passed! My passion and inner soul are V8 powered! Besides, the solar is to keep the well pumping, fridge and lights on when PG&E doesn’t.

Reactions: JJM

JJM

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT
Having

Having recently contracted for a large off grid sustainable home solar system I had a fleeting thought that I should have gotten a 4XE. It quickly passed! My passion and inner soul are V8 powered! Besides, the solar is to keep the well pumping, fridge and lights on when PG&E doesn’t.
Yeah - I have to wonder if I even want to live in a world without a big block Chevy and open headers.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - I have to wonder if I even want to live in a world without a big block Chevy and open headers.
Gave mine to my son. Supercharged (only 8lbs boost) 454 Hardin marine (Chevy) Sanger V drive. Low boost after not being able to lose a bass boat with two huge Mercs on it but keep it a reliable ski boat. 🍻

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I can’t wait, EV’s are better in every way except not being able to dump liquid energy into it in minutes.

Vehicle souls were already destroyed with torque management, electric steering, electric throttle, canbus, and an automatic trans in everything. If I wanted a car with a soul and I’d buy something older.

Plus off roading with doors off in EV mode is the greatest thing ever.
I see lines at EV charge stations already. I hear co-workers whining their b*tchy little faces off because Whole Foods doesn't have enough chargers. Screw EV's I'll keep my IC vehicles and rebuild them if the quit before ever drive a pansy EV....

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe

I want no part of EVs.
Sorry, but when rational people judge the merits of a particular trend or law, they don’t judge it based upon how much they like or dislike the person(s) trying to implement it.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU

The problem is the majority of people are ignorant as they have no knowledge of how much fossil fuel is needed to manufacture an EV vehicle. Also, mining for lithium has it's con's such as using a tremendous amount of water which creates unsustainable reduction on the water table, this will make the land that they mine very dry and expose ecosystems to the point of extinction. In May 2016, dead fish were found in the waters of the Liqi River, where a toxic chemical leaked from the Ganzizhou Rongda Lithium mine. Cow and yak carcasses were also found floating downstream, dead from drinking contaminated water. It was the third incident in seven years due to a sharp increase in mining activity, including operations run by China’s BYD, one of the world’ biggest supplier of lithium-ion batteries. After the second incident in 2013, officials closed the mine, but fish started dying again when it reopened in April 2016. The only real way is to start walking!! Until then I'll keep my 3.6!

dgauss

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Wrangler 392 (on order)

I want no part of EVs.
so are General Motors and Pilot FlyingJ “the government” now? Because they’re the ones partnering to build 2,000 chargers every 50 miles on interstate highways
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...tions-pilot-travel-centers-ev-go/10058051002/
Sponsored