Sponsored

Those who don't daily drive their Jeep..

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
What situations do you find yourself in when not driving the Jeep? Do you miss it? Did you end up make it your daily driver? I still drive my truck to commute to work but find myself missing it.. Maybe because its still new but I've found myself trying to wave at other Jeeps in my pickup. Once I did get a good-ole Jeep wave back while driving a box truck across town. Then I accidentally found myself flexing at the post office...

flex.jpg
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
When at the office, I drive a few different pool vehicles for work.

There’s probably more than one confused Jeep driver wondering why the hell someone in a white Ford Escape is waving at them.

OP
OP
Anotherwillsmith

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
When at the office, I drive a few different pool vehicles for work.

There’s probably more than one confused Jeep driver wondering why the hell someone in a white Ford Escape is waving at them.
I honestly had the thought to keep ducks in the truck but I think that's probably just wrong..

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Mine is not a daily driver as I don't commute on a daily basis. It is my only driver having sold my pickup last year and the car the year before. Downsizing kinda sucked.

Since I only drive the JL these days I don't mistakenly wave at Jeep owners who wonder WTF is up with some guy waving at them from a 3/4T pickup. ;)

The Mrs. has her Mazda CX-5 to drive when needed and that's it at our house these days. Quite a bit different when there were 4 vehicles hanging around the house.

The truck:

Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 20170615_105715

The car:

Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. s-l1600 (1)

The toy:

Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 2003 DB Track NWZMeet02

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have a daily commute anymore. But my Fiat is my preferred choice for driving around town; it costs one-third in gas.

My 90-year old aunt next to my Fiat this morning when we went for a hike in the forest.
Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 5467A092-3E33-440F-B871-B143DDAB0456

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
What situations do you find yourself in when not driving the Jeep? Do you miss it?
If I leave the Jeep parked, it's because I wanted to get there and back on two or three wheels. I'll usually question my choice of conveyance only if the midday heat is noticeably higher than the 6AM forecast. I'll ride in cold temps that would shut a lot of folks down, but I'll also concede to not riding when it's too bloody hot outside. That's when I get in the Jeep and press the magic AC button.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anotherwillsmith

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
I bought mine as a weekend kinda vehicle… something to tinker with in the garage and road trips with the wife and kids. Twice this week my wife has left her car in the garage and opted for the Jeep. 🤨

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I owned one just like it! Mine was a 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8.

I loved that car...
Mine was a 2006. Lotsa mods, hated to let it go but we had a LOT of downsizing to do before we moved to Arizona from Oregon.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
My weekend car is an 02 Corvette. Vette people wave at each other at about the same rate as Jeep people. I find myself instinctively waving at both no matter which vehicle I'm in.

OP
OP
Anotherwillsmith

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
This is my new daily driver. Picked it up two and a half weeks ago.

Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. doorsoff

It allowed me to take the doors off my Jeep. Too dusty at work to have the doors off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. doorsoff

So fun driving either one of them!​
Love it. Watch out for that sink hole..