First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Matte Black 4xe got some new tires and wheels with protection ring:

Jeep Wrangler JL BLACK Wrangler JL Club 3A27BA32-1067-4303-8EC5-EB53DD5F0D73

We plan to get some better pics soon (if weather allows).
So Iā€™ve been wanting to wrap mine for a while now but keep getting conflicting information that maybe you can answer.

How long do you expect it to last before needing to be redone? Iā€™ve been told as little as 3 years.

Iā€™ve also been told it shouldnā€™t go on trails wrapped because it will get cut up pretty bad.

Any opinion on either?

Hasted

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Gladiator, 4xE
So Iā€™ve been wanting to wrap mine for a while now but keep getting conflicting information that maybe you can answer.

How long do you expect it to last before needing to be redone? Iā€™ve been told as little as 3 years.

Iā€™ve also been told it shouldnā€™t go on trails wrapped because it will get cut up pretty bad.

Any opinion on either?
The color is warrantied for 3 years for horizontal surfaces and 5 for vertical, so you are getting that at minimum. We plan to going 5 and evaluating what to do then.

For trails, ripping a panel and getting it wrapped again sounds a lot better than scratching up your paint. No experience there, yet. This is my wife's jeep and I doubt she will ever hit hard trails with it.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
3A27BA32-1067-4303-8EC5-EB53DD5F0D73.jpeg

How do you guys keep the black clean? I know jeeps are supposed to be dirty but they also look nice clean!
I use ceramic coating on everything. Suspension, wheels, bumpers, plastic, everything. Also helps that I live where there is no rain. I also have a lift and OCDā€¦. Would like to see more pics of your jeep. Looks sweet.

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT
Sahara 4xe Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL BLACK Wrangler JL Club Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 9.53.41 AM

Sahara 4xe After:
Jeep Wrangler JL BLACK Wrangler JL Club jeep_with_Fuel_wheels

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Sahara 4xe After:
What effect has the addition of larger wheels & tires had on the all-electric driving range? Just curious.

Sponsored

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT
What effect has the addition of larger wheels & tires had on the all-electric driving range? Just curious.
The battery depletes a tad quicker - but I am addressing some issues with the install that my local tire shop has failed on. I'll spare you the details but after they correct this issue, I am hoping this isn't the case - so TBT for now?

CharlesC

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara Altitude

How do you guys keep the black clean? I know jeeps are supposed to be dirty but they also look nice clean!

I've been a long time fan of NuFinish products. I use the traditional NuFinish polish, then added the Ceramic Coating spray. Works like a CHAMP!

IMG_0202.jpeg