Sponsored

You know your dog likes your jeep when....

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
German Shedders are the best - all the other breeds/mutts are very very close though.
Sponsored

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_20220323_184306

Get a pup. 9 weeks old is ideal, but a week or so either way won’t matter much.
Rescue dogs, by definition, have had problems in their lives.
God bless those who understand that, and take them underwing anyway.
But if you want a good dog, start with a blank slate. A pup.
And insist on meeting both parents. Pups don’t fall far from the tree.
And don’t be cheap. $500 isn’t much to pay for 10-15 years of devotion.
Well-bred dogs are worth every penny.
I couldn't disagree more. I own a Veterinary Hospital. I can tell you beyond a doubt some of the best matches we have seen are those who adopt a pet from a shelter. Yes, some may have medical problems. Sometimes they are turn ins because the original owner couldn't afford the treatment or because they now have problems and had gotten old the owner thinks it's out with the old and in with the new. So many pets get euthanized every year. Every single dog I have ever had has been adopted. I have seen many well adjusted dogs that have come from the shelter and I fail to see how you think that Rescue dog means they have had problems their entire lives. And many "well bred" dogs seem to have more issues than a heinz 57 dog. Dogs don't understand the concept of money, however they do understand love and you will more than likely get more devotion out of any dog if you love him regardless of how much they spent on the dog. The worst clients are the ones who spend $1000's of dollars on a "well-bred" dog and then throw a fit at the Vet over the bill because they just spent $5000 buying a dog that has a multitude of problems that need to be addressed.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I couldn't disagree more. I own a Veterinary Hospital. I can tell you beyond a doubt some of the best matches we have seen are those who adopt a pet from a shelter. Yes, some may have medical problems. Sometimes they are turn ins because the original owner couldn't afford the treatment or because they now have problems and had gotten old the owner thinks it's out with the old and in with the new. So many pets get euthanized every year. Every single dog I have ever had has been adopted. I have seen many well adjusted dogs that have come from the shelter and I fail to see how you think that Rescue dog means they have had problems their entire lives. And many "well bred" dogs seem to have more issues than a heinz 57 dog. Dogs don't understand the concept of money, however they do understand love and you will more than likely get more devotion out of any dog if you love him regardless of how much they spent on the dog. The worst clients are the ones who spend $1000's of dollars on a "well-bred" dog and then throw a fit at the Vet over the bill because they just spent $5000 buying a dog that has a multitude of problems that need to be addressed.
I'm in agreement with the doc. I'm the "thousands of dollars" owner of my past 3 dogs. I do that because I want specific breeds and characteristics/capabilities for hunting. But, I've had many problems with these pure bred dogs, even buying from top breeders around the country. I am not complaining, but we've had more than our share of these problems. We live in the burbs of LA, so veterinary care is about as high as I have seen across the country. But it is very good care here. Dog #1 was $50k womb to tomb, counting everything from food to vet care. Dog #3 is working his way up there.

Everyone I know that has a rescue or stray, has had very low vet bills and most were great.

Sponsored

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
When you can't go anywhere without your best friend.

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... Sadie 1 - Copy

Sadie. " I'm only 5 months old".

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Our dog died around this time last year so this thread is heart warming.I have been off and on searching for a "go-dog" to rescue. Really wanting a dog to be the companion my dad used to talk about when he was growing up, though today's world and laws it can't necessarily go exactly as I want.

Wife won't do a German Shepard =(
Gotta defend rescue mutts here. I’ve had both and I’m not going back. AKC registered might as well be certified inbred. My rescue mutts are happy and healthy into their senior years. They are well adjusted and highly intelligent, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Bonus points for looking cool, and not falling in line with everyone else’s “pure bread” dog

Journey our 14 year old lab/collie mix
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... F043168F-AA0B-462C-86BF-CF732B03FB44

Styx - our 10 year old Catahoula mix
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 05DF252D-81BC-4C6E-8289-EFEEF176B1A7

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Expensive puppy! I got a foxhound/whippet mix that just tore his second ACL this past weekend.
If you are still on here, can you post a picture of the fox hound/whippet mix?

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Stuart is a rescue, Lab mix, about 5 years old. Ended up in a shelter in Tennessee when he got lost after a flood, and a kinda-local-to-me Lab rescue brought him to NE Ohio. Found him on petfinder.org. He was severely underweight and desperate for attention. He's our 6th dog - 5 rescues and one pure bred we got from a breeder. Rescues may be a bit more work, but they make wonderful companions. And he is such a ham!

And since everyone loves pictures...

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1858.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1854

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1773.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1521

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1430.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_1237

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_0770

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_0560

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... IMG_0257

Last edited:

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Charlie (the great Dane who I rescued from an animal shelter in LA) has learned that standing in the camper he can let the warm air flow past his body while he hangs out at head hight and watches dinner preparations. Some nights he falls asleep on his feet. Once in bed they have a hierarchy: the Dane gets my coats and the 8# miniature Dachshund (another rescue after he was hit by a car and left to die on the side of the road when he was about a year of age) gets the blankets. But at least they left me the pillow.
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 20221031_222109
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 20221101_193132
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 20221031_205223
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 20221031_222037
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your dog likes your jeep when.... 20221102_180647

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Granted they follow me everywhere as it is. Baxter and Elsa love the Jeep. It makes their day when I take them for a cruise. The second picture is the day I picked up Heidi from the pound last summer. She is slowly starting to like the head out of the window life.
Screenshot_20221105-134318_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221105-135634_Gallery.jpg