First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
My $.02…..for me…. It’s not about the spacers themselves, or the kits…. They’re all pretty much the same concept, some more complete than others…. My issue is with the factory soft ass springs. I don’t like them, so that’s why I’ll always do coil lift… nothing at all to do with what it’s capable of and whatnot… Some like the mushy ass spring feel, and that’s great, but it’s not for me….
Understandable, I like the Cadillac like ride that I have now. I was actually hesitant to use the RK flex arms because I didn't want the harshness of the metal to metal heim joints. Did that on my TJ and I hated it. But these so far have been a lot better.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Understandable, I like the Cadillac like ride that I have now. I was actually hesitant to use the RK flex arms because I didn't want the harshness of the metal to metal heim joints. Did that on my TJ and I hated it. But these so far have been a lot better.
Yeah… the Krawler joint has a two piece poly race over the ball in the joint so it’s not a true heim style joint like the no limits sway links for example…… and the maintenance free frame side joint is night and day better…..

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly the setup I’m looking for on my 2-door. Keeps a low center of gravity but gives a little more clearance for the rubber. Any issues at all? Would you keep the stock shocks if you had to do it over again?
I'm running a 3/4" spacer from Datstar F&R but have a 4door. Its been in for about 10,000 miles. I'm still running the stock 285 tires but soon to go to 315s. No issues at all. For now, I'm running stock shocks but will probably go with something better in the future. The ride quality is the same as it was before. I'm completely happy with this set up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift vs spacer on rubicon. 20220517_193950

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
And if the spacer kit includes lower control arms, sway bar links, bump stock extensions, shock extensions, and is only lacking a track bar and costs only 330 regularly and can be found for less than 300 occasionally does your opinion change?

Daystar 2.0" Jeep Jl Front and Rear Lift Kit https://a.co/d/go1TY0D
Screenshot_20220806-070956_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It's not the greatest kit out there, but it has definitely been a great way to let me do more and replace parts a little bit at a time. I've since found used Mopar lift shocks for 250 that I replaced the stock + extensions with. And I added a Rock Krawler track bar, and and some Rock Krawler Flex lower control arms. Trimmed the flares with the AAL kit and my 38s don't rub under full compression. Sure I'm losing some articulation under droop, but it's acceptable.
I’m glad it works for you. For me, I’m all about maximizing articulation and as @Roky said firming up the on-road ride. I don’t like spending money twice so I do my best to do things right the first time.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
There is nothing wrong with a spacer lift, for what most use their wranglers for.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I’m glad it works for you. For me, I’m all about maximizing articulation and as @Roky said firming up the on-road ride. I don’t like spending money twice so I do my best to do things right the first time.
The OP stated that they had no plans for rocks as they are living in Florida, and this is about helping someone else find a solution, not necessarily telling them that something is wrong, because it doesn't fit your needs. I wouldn't recommend a spacer kit to someone who was planning on a lot of heavy wheeling. But I also don't think that it should be so quickly dismissed for a budget entry.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The OP stated that they had no plans for rocks as they are living in Florida, and this is about helping someone else find a solution, not necessarily telling them that something is wrong, because it doesn't fit your needs. I wouldn't recommend a spacer kit to someone who was planning on a lot of heavy wheeling. But I also don't think that it should be so quickly dismissed for a budget entry.
Where did I say spacers were wrong?

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeah it just gives that little extra travel with stock components. Where as the stock rubi shocks get under 24 inches extended length. It makes a big difference on the trail vs. the stock red shocks. It is good to run most mainstream moderate to moderately difficult trails. People getting these small lift kits to fit 35s are getting about the same travel and sometimes even less.
Can the stock Rubicon suspension fully take advantage of 26" shocks(Fox 2.0)?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Where did I say spacers were wrong?
You didn't. But you initially said that it wasn't worth the money when you do everything necessary to fix the shortcomings. I'm just trying to show that at least this kit, includes the necessary stuff to be a viable budget alternative for some people.

Tom73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500, 1967 Chevy 2
This is exactly the setup I’m looking for on my 2-door. Keeps a low center of gravity but gives a little more clearance for the rubber. Any issues at all? Would you keep the stock shocks if you had to do it over again?
[/QUOTE
No issues whatsoever, never any rubbing. I can’t offer any feedback on shocks as I don’t have anything to compare to. I did use the longer lower control arms from the Jeep kit.