North Carolina Roll Call

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Was one of the places that they recommended Cashes Valley? It's an in and out double track with no challenges. It does cross back and forth through Fightingtown Creek a few time so you might could get some of the mud off the under-carriage. ;)
Two track was being generous. Not a bad little after work run, ended up being 5 miles from the AirBnB. Didn’t even spill my beer.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Two track was being generous. Not a bad little after work run, ended up being 5 miles from the AirBnB. Didn’t even spill my beer.
Was that Cashes Valley or Tickanetly? I guess, if Cashes Valley, that the rains that we've been having didn't have the water levels up too much.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Was that Cashes Valley or Tickanetly? I guess, if Cashes Valley, that the rains that we've been having didn't have the water levels up too much.
Cashes, water wasn’t too bad, a couple stock JLs semed to be doing fine. Maybe 20” or so.

Definitely cleaner than Iron Mountain, lol.

We’re gonna do Tickanetly after work tomorrow.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
@JayJay assume Beasley will still be closed this weekend, would be down to meet up if you want to get out this weekend.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
We’re gonna do Tickanetly after work tomorrow.
How's about posting how that goes. I've never tried it but, if I remember what I've heard correctly, it's a bit more exciting than Cashes Valley. Also record the coordinates of the start if you don't mind.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
@JayJay assume Beasley will still be closed this weekend, would be down to meet up if you want to get out this weekend.
Thanks for the offer Matt but it won't be convenient for us to get out this weekend. If things change I'll let you know.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
How's about posting how that goes. I've never tried it but, if I remember what I've heard correctly, it's a bit more exciting than Cashes Valley. Also record the coordinates of the start if you don't mind.
Trailhead coordinates: 34.66893, -84.24754, Waze took us right there. The trail is Forrest Service 665, but the marker is back a ways.

Decent little trail, two track half stone/half dirt. Mud in the lows, some boulders. Just under 10 miles round trip took us 1:10.

I do not recommend going topless. We ran top down the way in and it’s so overgrown we ended up with a ton of leaves and bugs in the Jeep. I’d avoid it if your real concerned about trail scratches.

Not real difficult, except for possibly the mud, I’d say no problem for a solo stock sport. May want to pack a bow saw in case there is a downed tree.

it’s pretty dense woods, so no view in the summer, but I’d bet it’s got a decent view when the leaves fall.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 97FCEED8-170F-4FC5-9D8A-005460E74169

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call AB006F51-765C-46FB-80AF-8853D741412F

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 52B854AB-1C11-4139-9B38-48C1E55B79F3

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Trailhead coordinates: 34.66893, -84.24754, Waze took us right there. The trail is Forrest Service 665, but the marker is back a ways.
Well dang Matt, thanks for the location and pictures. We drive Blue Road several times a year and I've been considering driving down that spur to see what it was like. I just didn't realize that it was Tickanetly. :like:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Well dang Matt, thanks for the location and pictures. We drive Blue Road several times a year and I've been considering driving down that spur to see what it was like. I just didn't realize that it was Tickanetly. :like:
No problem.

Stroke of luck today, thanks to the decent weather the last couple days, the Rangers opened Beasley this afternoon.

Sweet little trail system that is easy to get to. Ran probably half of it this evening. 93 A and C were easy. G had some slick tricky spots. B was a beast! We ran B downhill and its definitely in the running for toughest thing we’ve seen in the southeast. Loose rock everywhere, used the sliders and skids a lot, and saw up to 37* decline. It’s technical start to finish with almost no break. If it stays dry, we may give it a shot uphill tomorrow, expecting some winching that direction.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
We ran B downhill and its definitely in the running for toughest thing we’ve seen in the southeast. Loose rock everywhere, used the sliders and skids a lot, and saw up to 37* decline. It’s technical start to finish with almost no break. If it stays dry, we may give it a shot uphill tomorrow, expecting some winching that direction.
Glad that it dried out and you got to try it. Don't think that I've ever heard of anyone running 94B downhill. Was the steepest decline close to the top? I think most folks winch a few times when running it uphill. My son-in-law that has a built TJ on 40's has to winch some to complete it. Let us know how it goes.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Glad that it dried out and you got to try it. Don't think that I've ever heard of anyone running 94B downhill. Was the steepest decline close to the top? I think most folks winch a few times when running it uphill. My son-in-law that has a built TJ on 40's has to winch some to complete it. Let us know how it goes.
I think we saw 37* a couple hundred yards down from the 3’ shelf near the top. Half the thing was 20* down and 20* off camber.

The loose rock made it hairy on the way down, but I figured we may run out of daylight running up hill and winching. It was blazed in both directions.

I popped a bead for a second about 2/3 of the way down, but luckily it reset. No body damage, but a quick look underneath and I don’t think any low hanging fruit made it out unscathed.

Lucky for the Jeep, my wife is a great spotter.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Been stuck in the house… kiddo tested positive for Covid. Figured I’d knock out some little things I’ve had hanging around. Turns out I didn’t need the bump yet. Lol. Still got tons of flexy space to go. Need more weight in the Jeep. Cage, fenders, doors, bumpers, doors, winch, etc… still missing.

Once I have a full curb weight, then I’ve got to tune everything one more time. However, everything is working perfect right now. Spent all morning changing two pulley’s for the blower. One was screaming for help. Failed bearing out of the box. RIPP replaced the tensioner and blower idler for free.

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 46F144BB-43FB-4E3A-8FE6-E5A2845895CD

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call 65DD5F84-D20A-4C80-BDFA-D07A3E587EC0

Jeep Wrangler JL North Carolina Roll Call AA007C38-FF19-46FC-A72B-93229B35AE75

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
@chevymitchell this is a good excuse to call Oliver’s, right?

We have the FT TCase, I keep seeing issues with 1350s, thoughts on running 1310s? Stock 4.10s, 37s.

8EC2913B-2C07-4286-87EE-FE6E4FBB72E5.jpeg
Sponsored