Sponsored

What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
ohhh yeaa I forgot about that. lol, yeah it was a little painful.
maybe not as painful for a little man (or woman) with small hands but I'm 6.3ft and 220lbs.. i had to become a contortionist to get it done....

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Is this why your back still twitches???

1659721976127.png
This is exactly how I installed the MORE dead pedal.
Someone already mentioned trying to get the drag link to let go of the pitman arm.
On other vehicles I’ll add changing the blow off valve on a Fiat 500 Abarth, not difficult but I needed my hands to shrink a few sizes to get into the tiny space it’s in.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Chalk up another vote for the MORE Dead Pedal.

Second to that is the Rockslide Engineering Step Sliders. The wiring harness was NOT long enough to cross over from passenger side to driver side. Had to splice in an extra 2 feet of wire to get it to reach properly. I wasted way more time than I should have trying to figure out how to make it work without cutting the wires.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Heater core on an XJ. If you know, you know.
Helped a buddy with part of that job a long time ago. Not one of my favorites.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 1659736753539

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Helped a buddy with part of that job a long time ago. Not one of my favorites.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 1659736753539
That and the damn bolts on the Banks header for the 4.0, I didn’t do that simply because I heard how hard it was. My mechanic was a Jeep tech for a long time when the 4.0’s were in use and he told me getting to the bottom bolts were a total bitch 😂

Needless to say I bought him a nice bottle of whiskey. He undercharged me bigtime, I felt I owed him that much lol.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Definitely the lift, and specifically just getting enough drop to get new springs in!

20220625_145006.jpg

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
1st Well, mine was installing more dead pedal, and then removing it because I did not like the position it was in. And then reinstalling it again until I like the position of the pedal.

2nd the mini taser, I have big hands and the metal framing cut the crap out of my hands just trying to unplug the wiring.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Heater core on an XJ. If you know, you know.
I'm going to strip my MJ down to nothing to do a bunch of rust repair and paint, along with a new wiring harness. It's getting a new heater core just because it'll be apart.

Most difficult I've done so far is a back half kit and an LJ long arm kit on a TJ. Took several months of weekends but it came together pretty good.

I'll be doing a long arm kit on my MJ while it's apart.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Installing the MORE dead pedal. There isn’t enough room in that foot well to get down there and maneuver. It’s ridiculous.

I ended sending it back.
Nah, it's easy to install!

Just move the seat all the way back, recline it as much as possible, lay down on on the driver seat on your back upside down, arch your back...
Viola! Two free hands and eyeballs right where you need them!

When you're done, reach for a cell phone and call in a rescue team for a vehicle extraction.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I'm going to strip my MJ down to nothing to do a bunch of rust repair and paint, along with a new wiring harness. It's getting a new heater core just because it'll be apart.

Most difficult I've done so far is a back half kit and an LJ long arm kit on a TJ. Took several months of weekends but it came together pretty good.

I'll be doing a long arm kit on my MJ while it's apart.
Not sure if the Banks header fits the MJ but I was really happy with it paired up with their exhaust!

I love a built MJ. Such cool little trucks!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Installed a new suspension lift. Springs, shocks, sway bar links, adjustable UCAs, LCAs and track bars.

First time messing with a suspension, no lift, no instructions, solo. Only semi-related YT videos for reference, basic tools and cell phone apps.

When I took it for an alignment afterwards the biggest adjustment was 0.1 degrees. I guess so they can say they did something and justify their bill. Not bad for an IT Engineer in their garage!

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Is this why your back still twitches???

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 20220625_145006
That position and coming in on my back in front of the seat - damn front left seat bracket/corner would dig in my back the whole time. Of course doing this in the middle of August in Florida was a treat as well, probably lost 4-5 lbs of water weight.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
1st Well, mine was installing more dead pedal, and then removing it because I did not like the position it was in. And then reinstalling it again until I like the position of the pedal.

2nd the mini taser, I have big hands and the metal framing cut the crap out of my hands just trying to unplug the wiring.
You just reminded me I tortured myself a couple of times getting the pedal in the right position. Removing it was a bitch since there is a slight high spot/ridge on the frame where the bracket attaches - I unfortunately torqued down on the bolts and it cause the bracket to bend forcing the bolts inward (they were no longer straight and easy to pull the bracket off). Had to do all kinds of prying, swearing and brute force to get it out. Needless to say I did not go all Hercules tightening the bolts the second time around.
Sponsored