Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
On one bank or both?

Have you or they checked fuel pressure?
Have you or the dealer checked the intake for a leak?
When the O2 sensors were replaced, was oil leaking on them?
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
^ I didn't care to write them down. Same one as before (system lean) + misfire. They think replacing the cats will fix it but I'm certain it won't. They think they're melted, causing a physical blockage. If that's the case, my issue would show itself constantly. Right now the engine does smooth out and calm down. This shows itself in random fits.

@slowcrawlerZJ hope they get you taken care of man.
Brought my 2020 3.6 to the dealer last week on monday .. haven't heard anything from them about my rear main seal .. which they are supposed to fix .. loosing my vacay over this and still no sign when they will just look at the vehicle... much less fix it..They also want to charge me like 300 bucks for diagnostics.. thats without even fixing a thing.. they're more interested about software updates so they don't have to touch anything . kind of like u where they will be throwing parts at it to see if it will turn into a magical unicorn. All other brands offer some form of compensation when they are under warranty ..from what i hear u get a loaner vehicle in the meantime with other brands...but not jeep

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
^ I didn't care to write them down. Same one as before (system lean) + misfire. They think replacing the cats will fix it but I'm certain it won't. They think they're melted, causing a physical blockage. If that's the case, my issue would show itself constantly. Right now the engine does smooth out and calm down. This shows itself in random fits.

@slowcrawlerZJ hope they get you taken care of man.
Iā€™d go injector before cat. Itā€™s one cylinder misfiring?

the plug on the cylinder misfiring should help show whatā€™s happening.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
Appreciate it brother! Same to you as well my friend!

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Iā€™d go injector before cat. Itā€™s one cylinder misfiring?

the plug on the cylinder misfiring should help show whatā€™s happening.

I'd have to ask again regarding which or how many is/are misfiring. They will start the "real" diagnosis on Monday.

IMO @Petey got it right "they will be throwing parts at it to see if it will turn into a magical unicorn."

A 2 month old car doesn't break with 1.5k miles and just magically work forever after replacing an oxygen sensor. My jeep was a dud from the factory and I should really be getting a replacement or my money back.

Tried getting carvana, carmax, and carfax instant cash offers but the car is too new for that... Apparently. Carfax gives a number, but not a cash offer. Before it would say "here's the price, take it to such and such and they'll give you a check".

I sold my last car for a profit. If I can dump this one without a loss, it'll be gone once my dealer "fixes" it. I need a reliable car, not a $35k lawn ornament.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I'd have to ask again regarding which or how many is/are misfiring. They will start the "real" diagnosis on Monday.

IMO @Petey got it right "they will be throwing parts at it to see if it will turn into a magical unicorn."

A 2 month old car doesn't break with 1.5k miles and just magically work forever after replacing an oxygen sensor. My jeep was a dud from the factory and I should really be getting a replacement or my money back.

Tried getting carvana, carmax, and carfax instant cash offers but the car is too new for that... Apparently. Carfax gives a number, but not a cash offer. Before it would say "here's the price, take it to such and such and they'll give you a check".

I sold my last car for a profit. If I can dump this one without a loss, it'll be gone once my dealer "fixes" it. I need a reliable car, not a $35k lawn ornament.
You are speaking like you have absolutely no idea what youā€™re talking about wrt mechanical operation of the vehicle.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Dropped in at the dealership this morning to talk with my service advisor and to remove some items out of my Jeep. Drove around back to get to it and drove past a fairly new 22 model JLUR sitting a few vehicles down from mine. While speaking with the service advisor he said that one is also waiting on a new engine as well. It was a Diesel engine. I was shocked because it had less then 8000 miles and looked brand new. INSANE!!! I inquired about an ETA on my replacement engine and they have no idea when they will get one. So I further asked about a loaner car since this is warranty work and was told all of theirs loaners are out with other folks warranty issues and that there is approximately 10 people deep waiting on one as well. Are you kidding me!!!! I bit my tongue because Im doing my best to realize that itā€™s not some of these folks at fault. It starts at the top with leadership and comes down. Iā€™m sure corporate brow beats all these folks in the trenches trying for the most part to do the right thing. And Iā€™m sure they feel like crap because they have nothing to provide or solutions. Sure there are many variables in play ie improperly trained technicians, not enough technicians, folks that generally donā€™t give a crap about your vehicle issues, and quality control over parts and supplyā€¦could go on. So now I sit. Broken Jeep left me and my son stranded 10 hours from home at the beginning of a father son camping Offroad vacation, spent more then I care to share to salvage what we could, paid to have my Jeep trailered back 10 hours to my home town so I could physically be on site for the warranty repair process, now no loaners?!?!? So let me cough up even more money to rent a car because my Jeep is a must have for transportation. Itā€™s like a comical shit show happening right before my eyes. Iā€™m keeping a journal with days of events, dates of who I spoke to, expenses I have incurred thus far and now add on the expense of rental that Iā€™m going to apparently in cur until my Jeep sits and has no ETA for a replacement engine. So in the end I can give the real cost of owning a Jeep. I canā€™t help but laugh and cry at this situation. I will say this though my service advisor is good fellow and is doing what he can within his power. So sit tight folks and we are going to see where this goes!!

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
You are speaking like you have absolutely no idea what youā€™re talking about wrt mechanical operation of the vehicle.
Yeah, sick bro.

Dropped in at the dealership this morning to talk with my service advisor and to remove some items out of my Jeep. Drove around back to get to it and drove past a fairly new 22 model JLUR sitting a few vehicles down from mine. While speaking with the service advisor he said that one is also waiting on a new engine as well. It was a Diesel engine. I was shocked because it had less then 8000 miles and looked brand new. INSANE!!! I inquired about an ETA on my replacement engine and they have no idea when they will get one. So I further asked about a loaner car since this is warranty work and was told all of theirs loaners are out with other folks warranty issues and that there is approximately 10 people deep waiting on one as well. Are you kidding me!!!! I bit my tongue because Im doing my best to realize that itā€™s not some of these folks at fault. It starts at the top with leadership and comes down. Iā€™m sure corporate brow beats all these folks in the trenches trying for the most part to do the right thing. And Iā€™m sure they feel like crap because they have nothing to provide or solutions. Sure there are many variables in play ie improperly trained technicians, not enough technicians, folks that generally donā€™t give a crap about your vehicle issues, and quality control over parts and supplyā€¦could go on. So now I sit. Broken Jeep left me and my son stranded 10 hours from home at the beginning of a father son camping Offroad vacation, spent more then I care to share to salvage what we could, paid to have my Jeep trailered back 10 hours to my home town so I could physically be on site for the warranty repair process, now no loaners?!?!? So let me cough up even more money to rent a car because my Jeep is a must have for transportation. Itā€™s like a comical shit show happening right before my eyes. Iā€™m keeping a journal with days of events, dates of who I spoke to, expenses I have incurred thus far and now add on the expense of rental that Iā€™m going to apparently in cur until my Jeep sits and has no ETA for a replacement engine. So in the end I can give the real cost of owning a Jeep. I canā€™t help but laugh and cry at this situation. I will say this though my service advisor is good fellow and is doing what he can within his power. So sit tight folks and we are going to see where this goes!!
Mine can get me a car through enterprise, but apparently the rental lot is out of cars. They told me I can pick one up on Monday if I want it. This is a second car so not really a necessity. Pretty shitty situation to be in man šŸ˜”

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Yup for sure.
Glad they can provide you with a solution and hope your whole situation is resolved in a positive manner. Iā€™m trying to remain positive through this in hopes they can have an engine within 30 days.
Crazy Iā€™ve built and owned jeeps for 30 years from mild to wild and the older models drivetrains were built like tanks and never left me stranded. You could always ā€œMcGuyverā€ repairs and trail repairs when in a pinch and along the way you went. Really hoping this was some kind of fluke occurrence.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yeah, sick bro.

Mine can get me a car through enterprise, but apparently the rental lot is out of cars. They told me I can pick one up on Monday if I want it. This is a second car so not really a necessity. Pretty shitty situation to be in man šŸ˜”
You donā€™t seem to be looking for a solution to the mechanical problem you are having.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Today is day #12 in the shop. Sounds like nothing productive is being done. Dealer says they've replaced o2 sensors again (lol) and running more diagnostics with the Jeep engineers.

Jeep wave customer care guy says there's nothing to worry about, they'll definitely figure it out.

Definitely feeling assured now, not worried at all šŸ˜‚

For the record- I appreciate the good armchair mechanics who've given advice, but please keep in mind that this car is 2 months old. It is not my job to fix it. The dealership isn't going to replace anything upon my request. So if you have any ideas.... Fine. But this cars fate isn't really in my hands šŸ‘

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Today is day #12 in the shop. Sounds like nothing productive is being done. Dealer says they've replaced o2 sensors again (lol) and running more diagnostics with the Jeep engineers.

Jeep wave customer care guy says there's nothing to worry about, they'll definitely figure it out.

For the record- I appreciate the good armchair mechanics who've given advice, but please keep in mind that this car is 2 months old. It is not my job to fix it. The dealership isn't going to replace anything upon my request. So if you have any ideas.... Fine. But this cars fate isn't really in my hands šŸ‘
Hi, Botanicalstig. If you'd like our team to update the notes of your case or dig in on your behalf, send us a PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy

I would say I have you beat on days but we are actually tied on exactly 12 days in.:LOL: My Jeep is still sitting in the backlot waiting. Still no loaner cars and 2 Jeep payments made without my Jeep:mad:

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I would say I have you beat on days but we are actually tied on exactly 12 days in.:LOL: My Jeep is still sitting in the backlot waiting. Still no loaner cars and 2 Jeep payments made without my Jeep:mad:
Hey look at the bright side... At least they KNOW what's wrong with yours šŸ˜‚ Also, mine has only survived long enough to make 1 payment šŸ¤¦

Tey've told me to come pick it up. Apparently this time they've found the best o2 sensor they've ever seen, and put it in my jeep.

Going to try selling it tonight. If I can't get a good offer, I'll drive it, bring it back in for a few more o2 sensors, and lemon law it. Pretty sure I can sell for more than I paid, though.

I will say that everyone I've dealt with has been very kind. But I don't have time for this :)

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Hey look at the bright side... At least they KNOW what's wrong with yours šŸ˜‚ Also, mine has only survived long enough to make 1 payment šŸ¤¦

Tey've told me to come pick it up. Apparently this time they've found the best o2 sensor they've ever seen, and put it in my jeep.

Going to try selling it tonight. If I can't get a good offer, I'll drive it, bring it back in for a few more o2 sensors, and lemon law it. Pretty sure I can sell for more than I paid, though.

I will say that everyone I've dealt with has been very kind. But I don't have time for this :)
:LOL::CWL: DAM!!! SO TRUE!!!
Sponsored