Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Hi David, Took another pass through this thread for steps/rails and you Road Armor 518STP4B Stealth's caught my eye. Like you and @jmccorm said, there are no pictures on these. They look sharp in the one pic you shared. Any chance you can please share some more pics from some different angles, side on, top down, etc.? Also, do they just mount to the holes where the rubi rails mount? how do they work as a step also in your application? Do they cover the full pinch seam from front to back? Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? IMG_0774
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? IMG_0738
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? Road Armor Stealth Running Board 1

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You know what? PLEASE. DO!

As it turns out, I had called them up this morning with a few product questions, and that very topic (the lack of any on-vehicle pictures) came up. If it's going to happen, right now may be the time. (Without getting into detail, I did not have to press them on the issue. If anything, they were convincing me that they needed them.)

Good stuff! That's also a good part of what I'm looking for here (multi-functional). By the way... how does it taper or end when it comes to the rear (painted) fender? Did they get the length right or is it a bit weird like you see here and there with other models?

That's the first time I've heard that. I know that they have their standard black coated version 518STP4B (which they recommend for the coating even if you end up painting it) and their bare steel version 518STP4Z, but I'm not finding any other mount variants.

I'm wondering if it might be by request?
EDIT: Email sent. Asking.
Hi David, Took another pass through this thread for steps/rails and you Road Armor 518STP4B Stealth's caught my eye. Like you and @jmccorm said, there are no pictures on these. They look sharp in the one pic you shared. Any chance you can please share some more pics from some different angles, side on, top down, etc.? Also, do they just mount to the holes where the rubi rails mount? how do they work as a step also in your application? Do they cover the full pinch seam from front to back? Thanks!

Update: just found your other post here and this one. I see in your post that they mount in the same way the stock rubi rails do (nice).
Apologies to both of you as I havenā€™t been frequenting the forum as much in the last few months! I will post a bunch more photos of the rails in this thread:like:

@jmccorm They do not go as far into the wheel wells as the stock rubicon rails do so there is a slight gap in the front and back. Iā€™ll post photos of what I mean! Also, I was probably totally mistaken about them offering both tub and frame mounted versions because it is nowhere to be found!

@GatorWrangler Iā€™m glad you were able to find my other posts about these rails and get the information you needed! Iā€™ll be posting a lot more photos from all angles very soon.

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Apologies to both of you as I havenā€™t been frequenting the forum as much in the last few months! I will post a bunch more photos of the rails in this thread:like:

@jmccorm They do not go as far into the wheel wells as the stock rubicon rails do so there is a slight gap in the front and back. Iā€™ll post photos of what I mean! Also, I was probably totally mistaken about them offering both tub and frame mounted versions because it is nowhere to be found!

@GatorWrangler Iā€™m glad you were able to find my other posts about these rails and get the information you needed! Iā€™ll be posting a lot more photos from all angles very soon.
Sounds good, thanks!

Crowlegs70

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
I just installed the Rock Slide Engineering 3rd Gen steps and they are dope!

It took me the better part of an afternoon to install but I'm a novice...

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
N-Fab Podiums Steps.

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 0B2651BA-6003-4810-A350-F4AB280177CD

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 1268E43D-91E0-4CDF-8C22-0331248C22BA

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? EB4BECD4-404F-4D1B-AD9F-52E48BDF0FEA

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
Oedro Two Stairs Design OETESS-0031. On Oedro Site or Amazon (in and out of stock at Amazon at this link, sometimes only has the leaf design and not the stair design)

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? EB4BECD4-404F-4D1B-AD9F-52E48BDF0FEA
Those looks great! Will add them to my list. Love your Jeep -I have a Hydro Blue 4xe on order.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Those looks great! Will add them to my list. Love your Jeep -I have a Hydro Blue 4xe on order.

Keep in mind anytime you install fixed drop-steps you lose significant clearance that negates any lift you install. Consider steps loke the Go Rhino Dominator D6 with optional removable drop steps. The drops easily unscrew when you need the clearance and then then they act as a slider

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? maddie jee

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? Fab doors half

Mudflaps 3.jpg

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
1st time wrangler rubicon owner here. Finding the right side step/rock rail is hard. This stuff is expensive!
Sponsored