2021 JLUR ParkSense Issues

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
I am going to try everything before I bring it back to the dealer! I heard on other forums that it could be the valves where the TPMS sensor is but your saying it's the weights?
I’ve heard both ways…just hearsay, though as I didn’t think to try rotating before I went and bought more parts.
Sponsored

GTCS302

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2011 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I have a 2021 JLU Willys. Today I had take off Rubicon KO2’s 285/70/17 mounted on my stock Willys wheels. Now I am getting “Rear Park Sense Unavailable. Wipe Sensors”. But it is available and when backing up and I come close to an obstacle, it beeps and the photo in the dash shows yellow then red. It all works as it’s supposed to even though it’s displaying that it’s not available. Obviously has to do with the new tires. I just don’t know what is causing it to say it’s unavailable

h41g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problem after my lift and 37s.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The Mopar carrier isn’t adjustable - so it is going to leave your wheel/tire out where the parksense sensors can “see” it. Without seeing it - there is a chance it wasn’t installed correctly, but not likely, as it only goes on one way. I chose the Teraflex mainly because of its adjustability.

Probably worth pulling the spare to see if the issues go away, and if so, put the tire on with the wheel weights at the top to see if that will fix it. If it still has the error, might be worth looking at an adjustable carrier!

EDIT: I missed what you said about rotating with no luck. I think the next step is to remove the spare and check for errors, and if there are none - think about swapping carriers!
Well said.

I was going to write a response, but this one hit my points: 1) remove the spare to ascertain that it is the problem. 2) go with a high quality bracket (Teraflex in my case) that better tucks the spare in to the body. I suspect that your Mopar relocation bracket is 100% the problem.

Sponsored

dav_webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge, 2021 Rubicon 4xe Hydroblue
Here's my situation - started getting "wipe sensor" warning shortly after installing 315/70rR17 on 2021 Rubicon 4xe. Didn't change anything else but the tire size, still running standard 4xe Rubicon Wheels. Added Mopar Tailgate reinforcement.

After 3 months of the "wipe sensor" notification, I took the Jeep in for service. They did a bunch of "updates" and said that "should fix" the issue. Claim they could not reproduce the warning on their test drive. Leave the dealership, and the same warning reappears immediately.

Rather than go back to the place that did some "updates", I take the Jeep home and start reading these forums and decide to start by removing the spare tire completely from the vehicle..

No more warning! Take it for multiple drives, no warnings with the spare tire removed.

Put the spare back on in a different position, with the wheel weights removed, immediate warning again.

Take the spare tire off and swap it with another wheel and tire from our other Rubicon (running same wheels and tires on both) NO ISSUES, No more warning.

So, bottom line is, something in the original wheel and tire combo was causing the alert. The dealership couldn't solve it (or even trouble shoot it correctly), but these forums and some basic process of elimination, solved the problem. Now, if only I knew what the problem really was...

Discopotato79

First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 4xe (Sting Grey)
Here's my situation - started getting "wipe sensor" warning shortly after installing 315/70rR17 on 2021 Rubicon 4xe. Didn't change anything else but the tire size, still running standard 4xe Rubicon Wheels. Added Mopar Tailgate reinforcement.

After 3 months of the "wipe sensor" notification, I took the Jeep in for service. They did a bunch of "updates" and said that "should fix" the issue. Claim they could not reproduce the warning on their test drive. Leave the dealership, and the same warning reappears immediately.

Rather than go back to the place that did some "updates", I take the Jeep home and start reading these forums and decide to start by removing the spare tire completely from the vehicle..

No more warning! Take it for multiple drives, no warnings with the spare tire removed.

Put the spare back on in a different position, with the wheel weights removed, immediate warning again.

Take the spare tire off and swap it with another wheel and tire from our other Rubicon (running same wheels and tires on both) NO ISSUES, No more warning.

So, bottom line is, something in the original wheel and tire combo was causing the alert. The dealership couldn't solve it (or even trouble shoot it correctly), but these forums and some basic process of elimination, solved the problem. Now, if only I knew what the problem really was...

Thank you! I am having same issue as well. The dealer told me that ParkSense system is working normally without any codes.

I have the Mopar headlock (4.4” backspacing) with stock 285/70 tires. Based on your experiments, backspacing is a common element.

I did notice that the tire bump stop was not touching the spare tire anymore due to backspacing.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thank you! I am having same issue as well. The dealer told me that ParkSense system is working normally without any codes.

I have the Mopar headlock (4.4” backspacing) with stock 285/70 tires. Based on your experiments, backspacing is a common element.

I did notice that the tire bump stop was not touching the spare tire anymore due to backspacing.
Just a heads up, the Mopar beadlocks are 5” BS IIRC, the listed 4.4” online is an error.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anything ever come of this? I have a ‘24 X and it’s doing this with the stock 35” spare. When I open the tailgate and put it in reverse, it stops. I’m taking it in Wed AM. I’m hoping it’s a solved proble if it’s happening… out of the factory.

Sponsored

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
Happens to me periodically (wipe message), stock tires/spare carrier. Not that its helpful, but I just ignore it and use the camera and mirrors. If I look at the sensors they are clean, but I'll wipe them with something close by anyway.

If its something that happens intermittently, the chances of finding the root cause by the dealer is nil and time consuming for the owner.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Happens to me periodically (wipe message), stock tires/spare carrier. Not that its helpful, but I just ignore it and use the camera and mirrors. If I look at the sensors they are clean, but I'll wipe them with something close by anyway.

If its something that happens intermittently, the chances of finding the root cause by the dealer is nil and time consuming for the owner.
It happens almost every time. It’s certainly easily reproduced in my case. Going to run it up tomorrow and see what they say. It feels like this should work right out of the factory.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just in case anyone else cares (and for anyone looking in the future)… They noted TSB-08-110-19 which calls for a reset of “Parktronics module.” They also… rotated the spare tire to 3:00 because the TPMS sensor was interfering with back driver’s side sensor.

I could have done that but I figured it wouldn’t be an issue with a friggin’ factory spare.
Sponsored