Sponsored

What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For almost every mod... Plastic Clips, hundreds of them most seem to be 1 time use.

Front bumper clip pile, rear less so, interior rear corner panels are a real pain to line back up.

Makes weld on sliders feel like a walk in the park.
I know! Every time you pull a plastic panel you just wait for that impending crack, and hope that everything is still intact. First time I pulled my grill out I thought for sure something was F'd up, but now it's a no stress job lol. Pretty much the same w/ all vehicles these days, acres of plastic just held on w/ more plastic :(

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Installing the MORE dead pedal. There isn’t enough room in that foot well to get down there and maneuver. It’s ridiculous.

I ended sending it back.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Not necessarily the hardest, but my most hated - oil filter housing/cooler on the 3.6. That stupid intake manifold is the bane of my existence for both that job and the spark plugs. So many little brackets and plastic clips. And, on a lifted Jeep, the engine bay is tall enough I always bruise my sternum leaning over on it for however long it takes to get it done. At 6'3" I'm too tall to kneel on it and reach things, so standing on a step stool and leaning over the engine is how it has to be. If a buddy provides the beer, I'll do the job, but it's because it's a beer with a buddy, not because it's an enjoyable job.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not necessarily the hardest, but my most hated - oil filter housing/cooler on the 3.6. That stupid intake manifold is the bane of my existence for both that job and the spark plugs. So many little brackets and plastic clips. And, on a lifted Jeep, the engine bay is tall enough I always bruise my sternum leaning over on it for however long it takes to get it done. At 6'3" I'm too tall to kneel on it and reach things, so standing on a step stool and leaning over the engine is how it has to be. If a buddy provides the beer, I'll do the job, but it's because it's a beer with a buddy, not because it's an enjoyable job.
You just wanted a beer w/ your buddy, admit it :)

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
You just wanted a beer w/ your buddy, admit it :)
Yeah, but I'd rather just have the beer with them without having to clean up a mess made by a lube tech who uses an air gun on a plastic filter lol

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
After modding suspensions and audio on Audis, most of the Jeep is cake.
But for some reason, every time I've had to pull the sub panel from the back I have cursed it like a madman trying to get it to go back in right.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Swapping a T-case on a ZJ in my driveway, by myself, without a lift, in November, in Western NY. My favorite tool is a 9/16 stubby box end ratchet.... Did not realize how stupid that was until I was done. Son was supposed to help.....